Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Who should host the next Basenotes Feast Week?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guerlain

19 48.72%
  • Editions de Frederic Malle

10 25.64%
  • Caron

2 5.13%
  • L'Artisan

8 20.51%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Further feasting?

A few of us have been lingering around the table over at the "Seven Days of Serge" thread -- Riannon and Lady_in_Black threw such a great party, we just can't bear to go home without planning to get together again.

The thinking so far is that next time, we should choose a house that is easily accessible so that lots of people will be able to participate, and allow plenty of time for people to get samples. (We also want to give Lutensites a few weeks to catch up on their sampling, and we don't want to interfere with the fabulous scented Book Club, so I'm guessing this will be a late February or early March party.)

So here's a poll to test interest in a Future Feast week. Here are the names that have come up so far -- which house would you most like to feast on next?

Default Re: Further feasting?

I have voted for L'Artisan!
    Currently wearing: So Pretty by Cartier

Basenotes Institution

Guerlain got my vote, but honestly speaking, all of them are very deserving a week's wear! :toppie:

Please also do not forget about the first group project -- fragrance families, the first Saturday of each month. My head is spinning now, I have a good calendar with pretty pictures and it is already marked all over! First Saturday -- families, thrid weekend -- bookclub. Other people are layering, etc...

Anyway, I am all for it. It is also a good idea to give us all more time to acquire the samples/full bottles and do homework. And how about Chanel?
    Currently wearing: Omnia Paraiba by Bulgari

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf
    Please also do not forget about the first group project -- fragrance families, the first Saturday of each month. ... And how about Chanel?
    Chanel, definitely an oversight. And I love the first Saturday family project! Maybe we should start the feast mid-March, assuming the book club will be our February mid-month project, and maybe continue alternating mid-months (as long as there are houses and interest)?

I voted for Editions de Parfum because I have two of those scents as opposed to only one L'Artisan... and zero by Guerlain and Caron.

Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle!

Quote Originally Posted by linnea
    I voted for Editions de Parfum because I have two of those scents as opposed to only one L'Artisan... and zero by Guerlain and Caron.

I have a few Caron parfum samples but I don 't see myself wearing them really, I dread the old lady thing lol although French Cancan, Farnesiana and En Avion in extraits de parfum are so beautiful!
    Last edited by Bois et Musc; 23rd January 2007 at 04:31 AM.

I voted Guerlain, because that's what I have most of, but any of the suggested houses would be great. In fact, I hope that we'll keep this up and give each (including Chanel) their due.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

I voted for L'Artisan because I enjoy the variety so much. But I could be very happy with Guerlain, too! Guerlain actually would be better, since I recall it's going to be mid Feburary and cold/icy. I have my Nahema to keep me warm!

Voted for my great love Guerlain!!

And oh dear! That was supposed to be the next project of LIB and I
    Not discussed fully because we wanted to give you some time to recover.

But after the Lutens week it is great to see other members warming up to the thought of starting a new 'week of feasting' :toppie:

I am in
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

Another vote for Guerlain. I also agree on a Chanel feasting week soon.

Encore for Guerlain!
    + Another suggestion: Yves Saint-Laurent (Opium, Kouros, Yvresse, Paris etc.)

Count me in! I voted for the Malle scents, someone has to react to all this Guerlain madness . But if it has to be Guerlain, I will try not to suffer too much...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

My vote goes for Frederic, even though I have a good number of Caron decants that I could choose from.
    Guerlain and I have a troubled relationship I am afraid
    My vintage Mitsouko appears to have something growing in it, and my newly acquired Shalimar is not talking to me.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I'm one of those included by LIB in Guerlains madness... so, I voted Guerlain of course. I really like many of them, and they are so different from each other that one can hardly get bored... Besides, goodness there are so many to select from.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

i voted for malle - i figured the boys could join in too, and the malle scents seem to have initeresting "twists" - like the lutens. something that would be interesting to deconstruct amongst friends.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

L'Artisan would be the other one the guys could participate in easily... plus, I'm biased because that's the house I voted for :-) since it's the only one I have a week's worth of. But I could happily play along for at least a couple days with the others too, so it's all good!

I hope everybody doesn't think I'm being a frump for not participating in the feasting. My perfumes come from an assortment of houses. I don't have a big concentration of any single house. Lacking access to the big department store counters, it's hard to get a wad of samples, too.
    So, I will sit back and enjoy your posts.
    Happy overindulgence.

Another L'Artisan vote from me -- I had ordered several L'Artisan samples from Aedes early in the year, and then walked off with a boatload more from the frag counter at Barneys after dropping the big bucks for my Chergui during Lutens week!

While I love Guerlains on others, to plaguarize a bit from tamara41, the Guerlainade and I are generally not on speaking terms. Prominent jasmine seems to be my nemesis. Only Guerlain I've tried (and granted, I've only tried a few, but they've been some of the real gems) that I actually liked on myself was Samsara. Which has the dreaded jasmine note, too, so unclear what's up with that. If we do go for Guerlains, I will need suggestions... and possibly sample vials! But I am IN!!! :bounce:
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

Voted for Guerlain as well. I also (like many here) think that Chanel would be great for the next round.

Thanks to Twolf--to the rescue with samples!-- I will be able to participate after all. Deal me in, people. High stakes, wild cards, ante up.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7
    Thanks to Twolf--to the rescue with samples!-- I will be able to participate after all. Deal me in, people. High stakes, wild cards, ante up.
    Woohoo! Glad to hear you're in after all!
    Last edited by coumarin; 25th January 2007 at 04:05 PM.

I voted for Guerlain, but they are all good suggestions!

Personally, I think we should work our way though all the houses mentioned, one week every 2-3 months, maybe.

Oh yeah, my gosh, with breathing room.

The power of bleu

Quote Originally Posted by coumarin
    Personally, I think we should work our way though all the houses mentioned, one week every 2-3 months, maybe.
    I love that idea! Not wanting to burn anyone out, I agree keeping a distance between feasts is a great idea.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

YAY!! We have a winner!
    Guerlain!!

Will be a great week again.
    But: when

And: will there be a 'menu' for the starter of the thread, like at the Lutens Week or can we all go and choose what we want?

:bounce:
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    YAY!! We have a winner!
    Guerlain!!

Will be a great week again.
    But: when

And: will there be a 'menu' for the starter of the thread, like at the Lutens Week or can we all go and choose what we want?

:bounce:
    Good idea!
    I will put my hand and foot up for that.
    I guess we should allow sometime for other members to collect a few different Guerlain scents so that everyone could rotate, test and give feedback on the Guerlain feast week?
    Currently wearing: So Pretty by Cartier

Yippee! A Guerlain week!
    “Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar.”
    -Pablo Picasso

Was out of town whilst you guys were plotting and am THRILLED to anticipate a Guerlain week! :bounce: Breathlessly await instructions! :bounce::bounce: Which, God willing, I will be able to keep straight!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze