Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions for "Clean, Fresh, and Barely Perceptible" Women's Fragrance

All that comes to my mind is D&G Light Blue. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-Sloan

Default Re: Suggestions for "Clean, Fresh, and Barely Perceptible" Women's Fragrance

This reminds me of a funny story. I was just in Jo Malone, and a woman walked up to the SA and said, "will you help me choose a fragrance?"

"Which fragrances do you like?" said the SA.

"I don't like them," this woman said.

Well, then, WHY. ARE. YOU. IN. A. FRAGRANCE. STORE????!!!????

Anyway, the first two that spring to mind are CK One and Bulgari Parfumee Au The Verte. La Chasse Aux Papillons might do as well, if you don't mind florals & tuberose.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Default Re: Suggestions for "Clean, Fresh, and Barely Perceptible" Women's Fragrance

Scented soaps, if you're looking for "barely perceptible". I wouldn't spend the money on a bottle of perfume if you really don't want to smell it.
    “Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar.”
    -Pablo Picasso

Guerlains Champs Elysees comes to mind. It is called a clean fresh floral. It does smell wonderful, however, I don't like it too much because I like something a little stronger. So if you want something very light, of high quality, that lasts a long, long time, give this one a try.

How about Clean ?
    -

I like Laundromat by Demeter...
    It smells like laundry, clean towel and bed sheets

Visari Fleur de Colette. "Inspired by youth and innocence"

green apple, white peach, dewey jasmine

angel flower, baby orchid, orange flower

clear musk, creamy coconut, vanilla absolute

"Being an Eau de Parfume, the fragrance is lasting yet light in it's nature. Perfect for those who work in a 'fragrance sesitive' workplace."

I get apple hinted, mostly peach, transparent light jasmine--not too sweet.
    The heart is dominated by orange flower, slightle accented by things I don't recognise. I do not detect any coconut, only a lingering orange flower over a lightly vanilla, clear clean musk.

For a non'floral, Fresh Index Cucumber Baie is quite nice, esp for summer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    How about Clean ?
    Great suggestion!!! Velocity by Mary Kay is also really nice, and pretty inexpensive.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Blog Entries

Coty Chanson du Soleil - skin-but-better, fresh, subtle, pretty.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens

it 's 100% what you 're looking for, a delicate clean fresh musk with subtle floral notes of iris and orange blossom

Quote Originally Posted by unstableisotope
    Scented soaps, if you're looking for "barely perceptible". I wouldn't spend the money on a bottle of perfume if you really don't want to smell it.

Exactly. My initial suggestion is to tell her, my sister, to find a good body wash or a light body spray.

-Sloan

Quote Originally Posted by Bois et Musc
    Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens

it 's 100% what you 're looking for, a delicate clean fresh musk with subtle floral notes of iris and orange blossom
    I lost my sample of Clair de Musc . Montale's White Musk is also a delight, very clean and clear.

Thumbs up Re: Suggestions for "Clean, Fresh, and Barely Perceptible" Women's Fragrance

Another I was thinking was Eau De Guerlain. It is a unisex scent, but it is really nice on. A lovely lemon accord that mellows out. It wears fairly close to the skin, so after the inital citrus/lemon burst, about 15mins or so (your drive to work maybe?) it wafts quite nicely. I have a mini in my drawer at work and I love to dab it on when I get the 3pm nods. Wakes and cheers me up in a jif.
    It is not very floral or musky, but it is nice.

Maybe Goutal's Eau d' Hadrien? I've actually only tried Nuits d' Hadrien, but I think the original would be a bit closer to what your looking for. I also find Malle's En Passant to be 'clean' and subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013
    Exactly. My initial suggestion is to tell her, my sister, to find a good body wash or a light body spray.

-Sloan
    And there are some excellent washes and sprays out there. I like Honey I Washed the Kids by Lush, things like that. And most perfume houses make soap versions of their scents, so if she likes one she finds to strong in perfume form, they may have the bath line.
    “Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar.”
    -Pablo Picasso

Eau Dynamistante from Clarins could fit it this category. Very subtle and fresh.
    “I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”-Anais Nin

I suggest Helmut Lang EDP. It opens with a lot of herbs but settles down to a beutiful clean musk with a touch of baby-powder. It stays close to the skin and is really comforting in a non-foody kind of way. I feel very innocent and clean everytime i wear this. It's not very common and could be found for a good price on eBay.

Lacoste pour Femme is clean and dries down to a soft, barely perceptible skin fragrance.

Talking Re: Suggestions for "Clean, Fresh, and Barely Perceptible" Women's Fragrance

flower by kenzo (original, not the pafum version or the new flower orientale) has a really nice powdery, close-to-the-skin scent. envy me by gucci also fades into a fresh floral that is a skin scent. also, try l'eau par kenzo or all of the mat; series by masaki matsushida (except mat; chocolate, which is a bit too gourmand or foody- mat; yellow, mat; orange and mat; original all very imperceptible). 360 degrees white by perry ellis is good too, if you arent afraid of wearing something thats a little bit stronger than light blue. what else... off the top of my head, i remember stella in two - amber (the solid) to be a very nice barely perceptible scent. it has be now discontinued, but cristalle EDT by chanel also is a very faint, fresh, clean scent. if you arent a fragrance snob, body shop white musk is also a good choice. buy it in the perfume oil, and put just a little on.

lovely by SJP is also a good soft, skin scent, but i was stuck by how masculine it really was... i was surprised it wasnt marketed at men. it should have been called handsome by SJP and been marketed in a blue, square bottle. to me, the perfume is nice but just screams "refined but sexy man." nonetheless, its one of the most exciting celebrity scents to be launched, and it stands out among all those disgusting fruity-floral scents everyone seems to make these days.

if you like baby-powder scents, petit et maman by bvlgari is a dead ringer for clean and soft. i have yet to try it, but aura by thierry mugler is supposed to be "a second skin, or glove" or something along those lines... its part of the perfume: story of a murderer collection. speaking of thierry mugler, mugler cologne is also a really good energizing, clean, fresh and light scent. lacoste touch of sun was also really light, fresh and HAPPY. they're supposed to do a limited edition version called touch of spring in the following months, and i think that might also be fresh... i cant wait to try it.

i will stop my rambling now and hope that you will find something suitable
    "she may be called miss, but she prefers mademoiselle." <3 ines

oh and i forgot - the softer florals of l'artisan are also very suitable. ignore the more intriguing scents like fou d'absinthe and go for something like chasse d'papillons (i think thats what its called) in the EDT, not the extreme version. good luck!
    "she may be called miss, but she prefers mademoiselle." <3 ines

When I wore Index Tangerine Lychee by Fresh everyone said it's nice and not overpowering. They had to be right next to me in order to smell it.

I secound Eau Dynamisant by Clarins. It is really frech. It has to settle a minute on the skin before it becomes really nice.
    And I third Clean, but this one is quite expensive.
    my own suggestion: Pure White Linen By Estée Lauder. It is from 2006, and perhaps she wants a new fragance.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Red face Re: Suggestions for "Clean, Fresh, and Barely Perceptible" Women's Fragrance

I would really go with any of the scents by Philosophy. They are all really simple, clean and light.

Bulgari 'Au The Vert Eau Parfumee Extreme', excellent clean, fresh scent. Also Issey Miyake 'L'Eau D'Issey', Fresh Scents by Terri 'Zoe' and Caron 'Nocturnes'.

I'll second many of the recs already made, especially Gendarme, which I wear in non-fragrance situations (dr. appointments, et al) and dare anyone to say I smell of anything more than soap! Also Bulgari Eau Parfumee and my all-time, all-occasion favorite, Cristalle edt, which I wear on job interviews with utter confidence in its non-perfumeyness.

I like Sensei White Notes for a clean and light floral fragrance. It disappoints me with its lightness in fact.

And I second Eau Dynamisante too - except I can never quite spell it correctly! Its very fresh and the only cologny type frag in my collection.

Chanel Cristalle - citrus chypre
    Philosophy Amazing Grace - white musk
    Fresh Clean
    Fresh Provence - lavender