Code of Conduct

Thread: Macy's SUCKS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Macy's SUCKS!!!

I've had it up to "here" with Macy's.

They are an abomination of a business.

The fragrance counter in particular is an absolute joke.

Macy's has a TERRIBLE selection, to begin with...The only things you will find there are the biggest sellers of all-time, along with whatever current releases they've been paid to display and push.

The SA's are borderline retarded and incredibly rude and dismissive to add insult to injury. If they get the impression that you will not be making a purchase, they will virtually ostrisize you.

Macy's is very stingy with samples as well. Unless you make a major purchase, don't expect to get any (and even if you do, it will be Eternity, etc.) And to embarress themselves even further, they are STILL trying to sell off the John Varvatos samples as Christmas ornaments. This is pathetic and typical of a street vendor, not a major dept. store. This is incredibly tacky and unsophisticated.

The prices are ridiculous as well. I cannot criticize them for charging "full retail" for stuff, but prices DO come down (elsewhere), product becomes available (elsewhere), and businesses can either choose to adapt or lose major revenue. There isn't ONE single fragrance available there that I couldn't find for LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE.

If there is ANYONE (educated consumer or not) who choses to pay full retail and shop at Macy's, and lets these idiot SA's guide your purchases...I have one thing to say to you: YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT!

That's right, folks. I'm not even mad at Macy's. They're only trying to survive and make money. No....I'm mad at the retards that actually perpetuate this joke of a company by shopping there. You deserve to lose your money and be treated rudely if you cannot see through the veil of American, consumerist bullshit that is perfectly exemplified at Macy's. Go ahead and pay $70 for your little bottle of Kenneth Cole RSVP, you jackass.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Macy's SUCKS!!!

You know what I do when I don't like a store?

I don't shop there.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

you would have liked Gimbels

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I would never shop there, not anymore! They "got" me once or twice in my early collecting days (about a year ago!), but now I only make a pass by the counter to humor myself. If they start asking me questions (as I pass and hopefully do not make eye contact), I will gladly give them the opportunity to embarress themselves yet again, though.

"Have you tried Obsession?"

No, Lady, I've been living in a fucking cave for 25 years. This is a major metropolitan area. Are you kidding me?

"The gift set is available for only 90 dollars"

Well, then, I guess I'll just take your word that it's a good fragrance and pay you three times the price of what I could get it for at freakin' Wal-mart.

(I obviously wouldn't be so confrontational in reality, this is just what I would LOVE to say)
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic
    If there is ANYONE (educated consumer or not) who choses to pay full retail and shop at Macy's, and lets these idiot SA's guide your purchases...I have one thing to say to you: YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT!
    i think this pretty much says it all about your very misguided and needlessly inflammatory post.

I umm..hmmm..well...am speechless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Shrug. Macy's is alright. The salespeople usually leave me alone when they realize I usually know more than they do. And I've had some good experiences w/ SAs there, too. It's like, the only store where the SAs haven't told me I'm shopping in the wrong department, lol. One time I had put some Eternity Summer on the back of my hand and sniffed it occasionally as I was walking around. A SA came up & asked me if I wanted to try the new Eternity Summer and I told her I already had some on, and I had her sniff my hand. She was utterly surprised at how good it smelled on me. She put some on her arm to see how it would smell on her, and she really did like it, lol.

Another time I was shooting down every recommendation a SA was giving me and giving pretty detailed descriptions of why I didn't like them, letting her know that I really was familiar w/ the scent. She ASKED ME to take her around to some of the ones that I did like, and tell her why I liked them so she could get some sales pointers . It was actually really fun. It would've been better if she had paid me, though .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

The other day I went there to return a Christmas gift. The sales lady kindly gave me a gift card for the return.
    I then went to the Men's fragrance counter and started sampling different fragrances. I finally chose Chrome. The sales lady gave me two samples and was not pushy, snobby just polite.
    They didn't have a lot of choices(maybe 20 or so).
    I wont buy from there again because there wasn't anymore I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    you would have liked Gimbels
    Lol ... or how about Woolworth's ...

Post Thanks / Like

I've had quite good luck with the Macy's store here in Fort Wayne (which is one of the former May Co./L.S. Ayres stores). The SAs aren't pushy, and they actually ask me for more information on upcoming fragrances. They love chatting with me, too.

And the vendor reps at this store are very nice... expecially the ones for Giorgio Armani, Clarins (Thierry Mugler/Azzaro), and Beaute Prestige International (Gaultier/Miyake).

So, maybe it's just a regional thing. After all, Federated has 7 regional Macy's divisions (East, West, North, Florida, Midwest, South, and Northwest).
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like

That's right, folks. I'm not even mad at Macy's. They're only trying to survive and make money. No....I'm mad at the retards that actually perpetuate this joke of a company by shopping there. You deserve to lose your money and be treated rudely if you cannot see through the veil of American, consumerist bullshit that is perfectly exemplified at Macy's. Go ahead and pay $70 for your little bottle of Kenneth Cole RSVP, you jackass.
    This post is unnecessary to say the least. Moderators, can we have negative ratings for posts please?

Post Thanks / Like

No rentboy, I'm not misguided at all. I've seen examples of idiocy in every single Macy's I've visited over the past 10 years, even back before Marshall Field's when it was called Hudson's.

And yes, flame on. I'm sick of this. Go ahead and waste your money.

Watching America buy into ignorant, consumerist bullshit makes me sick and also makes me lose faith in my society. Clothing, music, fragrances, cars, you name it - There are people out there trying to trick you into believing there is value there when there isn't. Nothing makes me want to puke more than seeing some bitch wearing Chanel shades and a Coach bag. If America has decided that "that" is the desired goal (to blow your money on an illusion of value) then deport me because I'm not going to play your little game.

I'm not sure what it was that made me even go off about Macy's like I did in my original post. All I know is I'm sick of the pattern; I'm sick of the SA's, I'm sick of seeing people buy into the same old sales routine. I'm sorry to have possibly insulted anyone, but at the same time, you should know better than to pay more than twice the price of something you could otherwise get somewhere else. And if money is not an issue for you, I guess my only advice would be to learn the value of a dollar and/or send it to someone who needs it. I'm just as frivalous as the next guy, but I wasn't born yesterday. Even if I was making six figures a year, I'm not going to take my money into a place with the same selection that Wal-mart has, and pay some bitch 3 times the price to sell me something for the sake of her commission. Sure, this can be said about almost all major department stores, but Macy's is obviously the worst I've experienced (on a long-term basis).

Post Thanks / Like

and go ahead and censor me, delete the post, whatever you want. I'm not going to walk on eggshells at all time, in fear of, god forbid, offending someone on the internet. Would you like me to go back through all of my posts and remove all the "shits", "retards", etc. so that the eyes of our more fragile readers don't bleed?

This is obviously a rant of negativity, which is not typical of me...But I'm simply fed up. And if I can deliver my opinion to roughly 100 people or so (the # of views), then at least I've been heard.

----------------------

I've calmed down now and do feel like I owe an apology. To whom- I wouldn't know, but one thing I know is that it's hard to call anyone an idiot without stirring things up. I just can't see any reasonable justification for shopping at Macy's fragrance counter...not a common customer, not a fragrance connessuier. It just doesn't make sense from any angle to me, and to see people being "taken advantage of", which is the case here, IMO, really gets me fired up.

----------------

And I suppose I AM glad to hear that some people don't have to deal with this crap. Maybe the district manager of Michigan needs to be fired, because all these SA's know how to do is swipe your credit card and piss you off.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 25th January 2007 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Atleast this thread is a bit different than the ones that go "Help my Creed is fake! I have been had on Ebay by user GonnaConYouWithMuhFakeCreed69!"
    -

I love cologne.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the sentiment and actually agree, for the most part. Macy's does a lot of raising mediocrity to a high level with lots of smoke and mirrors. And, as you mentioned, the sad thing is that many people buy into it. I made a similar complaint as you a few months ago when a member linked to the Today Show where Chandler Burr recommended some interesting fragrances, only to have the hosts act like 5 year olds (or, perhaps, act like many of the people about whom you're complaining). The only fragrance they even mildly tolerated was Clinique Happy.

BUT, having learned this the hard way myself (TRUST me on that one...), there are better ways to start a debate or have a good discussion about the problems of America's consumerism than calling people "fucking retards." To non-Macy's shoppers, it just seems crude (I don't shop there either, for the same reason as you). To a Macy's shopper, it is downright insulting. Not every Macy's shopper goes there for KC RSVP, after all. And, different Macy's have different selections, depending on location.

Anyway, you're free to your opinion and I really hope your post isn't censored at all. As you said, it's the internet and we shouldn't MAKE people play nice, nor should we temper emotions. But, at the end of the day, I do think that it makes it harder to have a dialogue, debate, or discuss an important issue when members might feel like they'll be attacked (plus, it also makes one wonder if you really want to have a discussion or if you just want to rant?) Not that you'd do that, but "fucking retard" scares away a lot of good viewpoints who might want to debate, but not have a flame war.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 25th January 2007 at 08:11 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Post Thanks / Like

just a suggestion, it might be time to get back on the meds or step outside away from the computer or something. when you get so angry about what other people are doing and get that ridiculous "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE DOESN'T DO THINGS EXACTLY LIKE I DO THEY MUST BE IDIOTIC RETARDS" tone, you wind up looking far less intelligent than anyone you may be criticising.

people do all kinds of things for all kinds of reasons. people may go to shop at macy's for the convenience of it, maybe because price/cost/money is not their most important deciding factor, because they don't care enough to invest any further energy into it, or just because they go where they're used to going and like it. to discount any or all of those reasons by filtering it through your personal view makes you look (frankly) more than a bit silly.

step back, take a deep breath, and understand that not everyone shares your same frame of reference. and they may very well have their own *GOOD* reasons for doing things. that doesn't make them an "idiot" any more than you are for following your own prerogatives.

Post Thanks / Like

Tron, I think you're making some really good points but your overly negative and brashful tone ruins the message for some.
    I definately agree with the thing about girls who rock Chanel shades and a Coach bag. Big red light.

Looking at the big picture, I don't think it's fair to attack Macy's in its entirety. Allow me explain why.
    Macy's is primarily a clothing store. It's clothing sections, while much more substantial, are not all that different in practice from the fragrance section. They supply consumers with popular brands and styles at retail prices. For me, someone who knows little about clothes and does not care to know more, Macy's is a great place for me to shop. I'm sure people who are more into fashion think it totally blows though. I happen to know a lot about fragrance, so to me their fragrance section sucks, but to the average consumer it's just fine. Maybe it's unfortunate that I'm not more educated about fashion and that other people aren't more educated about fragrance, but that's the way it is and it isn't necessarily Macy's fault. American consumerism is a big issue, but it is also very complicated and I think that attacking Macy's is barely scratching the surface.
    In conclusion, the Macy's fragrance department is horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Rach, that was the most intelligible retort/comment ever to something I've posted, and I must commend you. You've supressed the urge to retaliate in haste, and you've also considered the fact that although I use profanity, I might have something worthwhile to say. I agree with you about everything you've said. I had even gone back and made somewhat of an apology, prior to reading your post.

I'm very much aware that whatever valid point(s) I might have made (in this thread or any of my others) will surely be diminished in value (to some people) when inarticulately spouting vulgarities. We're on the same page there. I'm surprised they remain. I also, wholeheartedly agree that we shouldn't be forced to "play nice" or "temper emotions". IMO, The internet is the same as being out in public and to censor someone is only to deny reality. So thanks for that.

Happy 500 posts to me!

Post Thanks / Like

and go ahead and censor me, delete the post, whatever you want. I'm not going to walk on eggshells at all time, in fear of, god forbid, offending someone on the internet. Would you like me to go back through all of my posts and remove all the "shits", "retards", etc. so that the eyes of our more fragile readers don't bleed?

This is obviously a rant of negativity, which is not typical of me...But I'm simply fed up. And if I can deliver my opinion to roughly 100 people or so (the # of views), then at least I've been heard.
    Why don't you write an intelligent, coherent email to Macy's then or post it in the City Shopping Guides forum. And profanity only lowers the overall legitimacy of your message. As it stands, your post is simply a direct insult to us 'retards' that might shop at Macy's because it's convenient or work there to survive in this materialistic world (BTW, I don't do either).

Furthermore, calling someone a 'retard' is quite insulting and insensitive to those of us that might have a retarded relative or otherwise know a retarded person. It is an actual mental condition that cannot be helped. Therefore, it is MORONIC of you to imply that a retard should even know better than to shop at Macy's. Now a moron or an idiot however, is someone that has the intelligence to know better but does it anyway. Kinda fits the author of this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    I love cologne.
    Me too!
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Not sharing MY opinion does not make one an idiot.

Appearing to be an uncaring, financially irresponsible, uneducated, and easily persuadable consumer does, as far as I'm concerned.

I consider myself unique to the point that sharing common opinon with anyone is a rarity for me, so the last thing I'm going to do is criticize others for not seeing things MY way. The people with whom I have a problem are the people who don't seem to have their "eyes open" at all. THEY are the ones who perpetuate consumer ignorance. It doesn't matter if they're shopping for cologne or the latest Jessica Simpson CD. And yeah, I'm calling out all Jessica Simpson fans! There is nothing about her abilities or talent that warrants her success. The only reason she's successful is because her dad marketed her (which I can understand -she's hot). Just another example of the powers that be, spoon-feeding America it's identity.

Post Thanks / Like

Rach, that was the most intelligible retort/comment ever to something I've posted, and I must commend you. You've supressed the urge to retaliate in haste, and you've also considered the fact that although I use profanity, I might have something worthwhile to say. I agree with you about everything you've said. I had even gone back and made somewhat of an apology, prior to reading your post.

I'm very much aware that whatever valid point(s) I might have made (in this thread or any of my others) will surely be diminished in value (to some people) when inarticulately spouting vulgarities. We're on the same page there. I'm surprised they remain. I also, wholeheartedly agree that we shouldn't be forced to "play nice" or "temper emotions". IMO, The internet is the same as being out in public and to censor someone is only to deny reality. So thanks for that.

Happy 500 posts to me!
    Hey, happy 500 posts.

Anyway, thanks for the note. Working at a public university, unfortunately to keep your job you have to learn to temper the urge to yell "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" even though you want to do it on a daily basis. Sometimes to your students, sometimes to your colleagues, sometimes to the University Provost...

Anyway, bad language has never bothered me (when in a pinch, a good George Carlin quip is as good as gold), so I saw what you were trying to get at in your post and I agreed, for the most part. I just know that there are MANY people that can't see past a random "shit" or "fuck" and so your otherwise valid point might be missed entirely because of presentation. And, as for the "retard" angle, that too can be touchy and of course you didn't mean it the way many might take it. But, it's like when my students say, "That book we read was really gay," meaning the book was bad, stupid, uninteresting, or otherwise unworthy of being read. That really gets to me, even though the students don't realize it's perjorative. It's just their synonym for "bad."

...back to ripping on Macy's... my favorite Sales Associate at Macy's story involves a Japanese friend looking for Hermes. He pronounced it correctly, but she'd never heard of it and brought him Hummer. He expected Rocabar and was given this big, hideous Yellow and Black box. He just frowned and walked away...
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 25th January 2007 at 08:40 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Post Thanks / Like

Not sharing MY opinion does not make one an idiot.

Appearing to be an uncaring, financially irresponsible, uneducated, and easily persuadable consumer does, as far as I'm concerned.

I consider myself unique to the point that sharing common opinon with anyone is a rarity for me, so the last thing I'm going to do is criticize others for not seeing things MY way. The people with whom I have a problem are the people who don't seem to have their "eyes open" at all. THEY are the ones who perpetuate consumer ignorance. It doesn't matter if they're shopping for cologne or the latest Jessica Simpson CD. And yeah, I'm calling out all Jessica Simpson fans! There is nothing about her abilities or talent that warrants her success. The only reason she's successful is because her dad marketed her (which I can understand -she's hot). Just another example of the powers that be, spoon-feeding America it's identity.
    there you go again... at some point you might want to try understanding that your opinion =/= objective fact that applies to everyone, no matter how strongly you feel about something. anyhow, i'm out of this thread. clearly you're wanting to "stir things up" and doing your best to be inflammatory

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for beating me to the "your gay", "your a retard" explanation.

It would probably surprise some to find that I volunteer with the mentally challenged!

Post Thanks / Like

And rentboy, you're off the map, buddy. You can't take yourself out of your own ignorant little box to realistically consider what I'm saying. You want to be a victim; you want to be right. Go about your way, walking on eggshells. When you come across someone who has something edgy to say in public, do you simply retreat in this passivity, or do you actually see what they have to say? I'd assume the former. If you can't see through a few "fucks" or "idiots" and some opinionation, just stay in your house, don't turn on the tv or internet, and surely don't go outside. You won't like the real world, where people speak their mind. I have a much bigger problem with people who think they are policing other people's opinionation, while coming off as even more ignorant themselves in the process.

This ought to do it, eh? After all, according to rentboy, my only intent was to cause problems, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Some Macy's do suck yeah but some are nice. The one in the Tacoma Mall with a alright selection, there SA's are SOO ANNOYING!! GODD IT PISSES ME OFF!!! I sniff one thing and they come up to me telling me theres giftsets for only $5 more than the bottle!! Then after I say no thank you I'm just browsing ANOTHER ONE COMES UP TO ME "HAVE U TRIED ACQUA DI GIO?" OMFG I LEAVE ME ALONE!!

One time my friend shouted out WHY CANT I JUST SHOP IN PEACE, and I couldn't stop laughing. That really shut the SA's up. God I know more than fragrances than all of them. They end up asking me about fragrances!!!

Ughh, I'm becoming a online shopper now and only take reccomendations from SA. Macys and Nordstrom SA's are always like Angel Men/Geir/etcetc there like eww that's old men cologne try some ONCE AGAIN ACQUA DI GIO!!!!!!!
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

the frag SA at the macy's men store is particularly annoying!

to think I had a thread deleted for saying "promise the bitch anything, but give her arpege"

1st.....Eternity or whatever the scent will cost the same at Nordstrom, Macy's, Von Maur, Dillards, Sephora, Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue, Barney's, Neiman Marcus and on and on.....So......You are Wrong.
    2. Macy's has nothing to do with samples....It is the individual fragrance company and the venders that supply the samples.
    3. To place all Macy's stores in the same group is not very smart....Because they all Do Not have the same items.
    4. Macy's is in business to Make Money....If they buy into a brand that will not sell....then they are out of money and space. They only have so much room for fragrance....so what sells is what stays.
    5. Not all people Love fragrance like we here at Basenotes. I work at Macy's as a vender for L'Oreal designer fragrances ( Armani, Ralph Lauren, Lancome, Diesel, and Drakkar.) While working this past Christmas....I was surprised at the number of customers who had never smelled Gio. I was shocked....I would quess that at least 50 customers had never smelled this....some had never heard of this. If I approached my job thinking that Gio is 10 years old and everyone has smelled this....it would not be long til I was out of a job.....and Yes....these people are just doing their jobs....
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy
    just a suggestion, it might be time to get back on the meds or step outside away from the computer or something. when you get so angry about what other people are doing and get that ridiculous "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE DOESN'T DO THINGS EXACTLY LIKE I DO THEY MUST BE IDIOTIC RETARDS" tone, you wind up looking far less intelligent than anyone you may be criticising.

people do all kinds of things for all kinds of reasons. people may go to shop at macy's for the convenience of it, maybe because price/cost/money is not their most important deciding factor, because they don't care enough to invest any further energy into it, or just because they go where they're used to going and like it. to discount any or all of those reasons by filtering it through your personal view makes you look (frankly) more than a bit silly.

step back, take a deep breath, and understand that not everyone shares your same frame of reference. and they may very well have their own *GOOD* reasons for doing things. that doesn't make them an "idiot" any more than you are for following your own prerogatives.
    Ditto. You took the words right out of my mouth.

I think someone needs a xanax or two or twenty!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    I love cologne.

Best. Post. Ever.

-Sloan

Post Thanks / Like

I love South Park because it is crude and offensive but at the same time intelligent and insightful. For the most part this thread is just crude and offensive without any redeeming value. If you had something of value to say, even if I strongly disagreed with it, I would support keeping it but your "Macy's SUCKS!!!" post is just an immature rant. Time to grow up.

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    Lol ... or how about Woolworth's ...
    Woolworth's was good. you didn get to see 700 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank everyday.
    People go to Macy's cause that's where the stuff is. If you haven't seen or heard George Carlins ideas on why we consume. We need stuff to fill our living space. If we get too much stuff. we need a bigger place, to fill with more stuff.
    So calm down, learn how to skateboard or something, drink lots of water and since this has happened, I mean Macy's pushing you over the edge, I'm sure there's a class action suit going on somewhere vs them.

Good Luck

poor guy overdosed on stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Macy's SUCKS!!!

I like SA's. Some of them look like they might be tasty. Maybe with an Aqua de Gio chaser.

The other day I was at Dillards to cop some JHL. I thought this stuff was almost impossible to find retail till Phantagarow told me about it being at dillards. Anyway the SA and I started jawing about how the current Burberry for men is not like the old stuff 1990's version. She started telling me about how her boss used to wear that and he smelled so good.

I agree though that they have alot of the mainstream blech there. Marshall Fields used to have some higher end stuff but I have not been back since they were bought by macy's. Marshall Fields is where I tried Jaipur when it first came out. Not really what you would call your average Wal-mart scent there.

Rant on Man. It cleanses the Soul. I too am weirded out by folks not buying a product because it works or is good but because some company is trying to sell a ( thought, Idea, feeling, chic whatever). You put a ( name your favorite designer here) name on a bag of cat crap and people who want to be seen as hip or now will buy it in droves. Weird man just plain weird.

I'll get down off the box now and take my antipsychotic meds again. Unless the voices tell me not to. Lol

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

And rentboy, you're off the map, buddy. You can't take yourself out of your own ignorant little box to realistically consider what I'm saying. You want to be a victim; you want to be right. Go about your way, walking on eggshells. When you come across someone who has something edgy to say in public, do you simply retreat in this passivity, or do you actually see what they have to say? I'd assume the former. If you can't see through a few "fucks" or "idiots" and some opinionation, just stay in your house, don't turn on the tv or internet, and surely don't go outside. You won't like the real world, where people speak their mind. I have a much bigger problem with people who think they are policing other people's opinionation, while coming off as even more ignorant themselves in the process.

This ought to do it, eh? After all, according to rentboy, my only intent was to cause problems, right?
    Wrong! That's a flame. I'm pissed. This is garbage and an ad hominem attack. Rentboy doesn't like your abusive insults and has the courage to tell you so, and you don't like it and tell him he's got a small mind. You're the jerk, Scentronic, you jerk. This thread is locked. The language in it violates the Basenotes rules:

#2: Nothing offensive
    -Posts, signatures and avatars which may be considered offensive are not permitted and may be removed or edited without notice.
    -The definition of offensive is down to the Basenotes moderation team. As a general rule - if you wouldn't be happy with your boss or grandmother reading it then it probably isn't suitable.

#6: Stay on topic
    -The Basenotes Community is not a venue for personal or private vendettas. Keep your personal business as just that – personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies.

#8: Be respectful
    -Flaming or personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Be respectful of others.
    -Treat people how you wish to be treated.
    If someone doesn't have the same views as you, it does not make them a moron.

#9: Avoid hot topics
    -We have the right to lock or delete topics which have the potential to get out of hand.

Chris says right now: This flaming stops now. The insults of members stop now.

Another very pertinent rule:

#10: Stop when you are told
    -If you are advised to stop a discussion by an administrator or moderator then do so. Threads will be locked should discussion continue after you have been advised otherwise. If you wish to carry on your debate after you have been advised to drop it, please use private email.
    -Under no circumstances attempt to restart a locked thread.

Sure, maybe shopping somewhere makes one mad and makes one want to pick a fight with the store. Why would one want to come here and pick fights with members?

No more garbage language or posts. I wish I'd seen that this thread was so inappropriate earlier.

I'm locking this garbage. There's no longer any there there to the subject.

--Chris.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.