Code of Conduct

Default Any designer sensual evening scent recommends?

Hello

I'm looking for recommendations for a new scent for my darling wife. As a classy complex woman she has given me some criteria

So ... looking for a sensual evening scent with good sillage and longevity, but not too 'heavy' or sweet. Daytime scents that she likes are DKNY Woman, Dior Addict Eau Fraiche and Very Irresistible.

I've gotten her some decants since I started my fragrance obsession. She didn't like Mitsouko and couldn't take to Bois des Iles (I kept that for myself). Generally she doesn't like Chanel or Guerlain scents. She loves Malle Carnal Flower (and I love it on her) so I'm saving up for my next trip to the London distributor - but looking for a designer rather than niche house scent at the moment.

Oh, and she used to like Biagiotti Venezia before it became so hard to get hold of.

Well hope that's enough info! Look forward to any suggestions. Thanks.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

Default Re: Any designer sensual evening scent recommends?

I wonder if she would love Le Parfum de Therese by F. Malle

L 'Instant de Guerlain is not an old classic Guerlain that smells "old", most women love it, the parfum bottle is beautiful for a special gift and unlike their latest one 'Insolence' it 's not sweet or too heady.

opium by yves saint laurent. the parfum extrait is the best, but even the EDT has powerful sillage (although its a bit sharper). other scents in that vein... shalimar by guerlain...

others that come to mind:
    dior poison or hypnotic poison, addict
    armani code
    narcisco rodriguez for her, musc for her
    kenzo flowerbykenzo le parfum, flower orientale
    caron poivre
    chanel coco, allure sensuelle
    versace crystal noir
    prada intense
    stella by stella mccartney parfum extrait
    cartier delices de cartier
    carolina herrera chic, 212 sexy
    robert piguet bandit
    calvin klein obsession, obsession night
    roberto cavalli serpentine
    jean paul gaultier classique, fragile

i hope that helps
    "she may be called miss, but she prefers mademoiselle." <3 ines

Armani Sensi
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

Talking Re: Any designer sensual evening scent recommends?

Love,love,love Hermes Ambre Narguile, also EL Youth Dew Amber Nude and Opium Fleur Imperial. All great, You also can't go wrong with Narciso Rodriguez. Good luck, everyone is different.

Narcisco Rodriguez
    Stella MacCartney Stella
    Piguet Bandit
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

In my opinion, Obsession Night by Calvin Klein, Armani Code by Giorgio Armani & Hypnôse by Lancôme are nice evening scents.
    Good on you for getting others' opinions
    Let us know what you/she end up choosing!

I think Givenchy's Organza is a very sensual and classy fragrance with great sillage!

Some people have said they find it too sweet but this has not been my experience (and I don't like sweet frags).

Why not give my dear Scherrer 2 /Jean-Louis Scherrer a chance: It ist a warm, very feminine and powerful fragrance - just gorgeous!

Bergamote, Mandarine, Ananas, Anis Etoilée / Badia
    Jasmin, Iris, Tubéreuse, Miel
    Vanille, Santal, Benjoin, Héliotrope

Verry Irrisistable Sensual Parfume (its diffrent then verry Irrisistable, to me, its the night time version to the scent)

Armani Code (some have already mentioned that)

Gucchi Rush

D&G Sicily

and to perfumegirl- if she doesn't prefer chanel or gruilan fragrances, i don't think she would care for Estees older fragrances like youth dew. *shrugs* if you disagree, i would like to here your reasoning. not to be rude, i am just a SA and l ike to hear diffrent veiws ^^
    Last edited by Tink; 26th January 2007 at 01:47 PM.
    Current Top Five: Burberry Londen, Love Spell, Miss Dior Cherie, J.Lo Live, Provocative Interlude
    Myspace

Well thanks for all the great suggestions. Isn't Basenotes a great place?

We are off to Manchester for the day tomorrow (DW took the brave decision to go back to university - she had a hellish time getting assessments done over Christmas and has just handed them all in - so a bit of shopping and a lazy afternoon over tapas and a couple of bottles of Rioja is just the thing). We can try some of the houses that aren't stocked in our home city like Cartier, Hermes and Narcisco Rodriguez.

Narcisco Rodriguez was mentioned by a few people so we'll make a special effort to find and try that. We'll certainly let you know what we go for - many thanks again.

eau exquise - never heard of Scherrer but the notes sound gorgeous - have to look into UK suppliers.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

I agree that you can't go wrong with Narciso Rodriguez. It's fabulous - sensual, rich, and warm.

Orientals: She may enjoy Prada, Dior Hypnotic Poison, Hermes Elixir des Merveilles, Must de Cartier

Floral: Jean Patou EnJoy, Flower by Kenzo, 212, Fracas,Annick Goutal Songes,RL Romance, Dianoche Night

Along the lines of Venezia:
    Shanghai
    Bulgari Omnia
    Bulgari Blv Notte
    Obsession Night
    Balenciaga Cristobal
    Irma Shorell Venezia Replica ( http://www.irmashorell.net/Perfume-a...giotti-venezia)
    Not designer but a must-trys for Venezia lovers: Ginestet Botrytis (http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...ection=1&rv=on) and Frapin 1270 (http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...=22600&section=)

If you go to the basenotes directory and look up Carnal Flower or what ever you like, go there, and at the bottom of the page it will suggest five perfumes. If you like this then you'll probably like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink
    to perfumegirl- if she doesn't prefer chanel or gruilan fragrances, i don't think she would care for Estees older fragrances like youth dew. *shrugs* if you disagree, i would like to here your reasoning. not to be rude, i am just a SA and l ike to hear diffrent veiws ^^
    She suggested the Amber Nude version of Youth Dew, isn't it one of the newer EL scents?

Amber Nude was launched in 2005, December maybe? Michael's wife might like that a lot if she liked Venezia! Great rec.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    She suggested the Amber Nude version of Youth Dew, isn't it one of the newer EL scents?

what i ment was older smelling. amber nude still has that "old" scent
    Current Top Five: Burberry Londen, Love Spell, Miss Dior Cherie, J.Lo Live, Provocative Interlude
    Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Tink
    what i ment was older smelling. amber nude still has that "old" scent
    Tink do you need a shovel to dig yourself into this "old" smelling hole deeper?

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    Why not read the rewievs of this frag here at BN? It is praised for sticking to the orirginal, yet being a bit reformulated. So in this case it is someting good it is old-smelling.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Well the scent she chose was ... (drumroll) ... Narcisco Rodriguez For Her EdP.

We had a great day out yesterday and tested many of your suggestions. I particularly liked Kenzo Flower and Cartier Must, but NR was fantastic. It's quite different from what she normally wears and has notes that she doesn't normally warm to (honey and musk). The main notes I get are jasmine, honey, musk and lots of amber. It is warm, round and sultry - it doesn't shout but it lets you know it's there. Great recommendation.

After choosing NR at Selfridges we wandered over to Harvey Nicks and had a great chat with the SA there. He showed us some Piguet scents and she tried Fracas ... and thinks she's found her holy grail! Very similar to Carnal Flower - good spot Tova - it's a big and powerful floral, with (I think) tuberose dominant but a range of other notes like ylang-ylang and jasmine. It opens like a jazz drum solo, a fracas indeed, and has an incredible drydown, great sillage and longevity. On a first testing she preferred it to Carnal Flower, it has a slightly dryer base (no coconut?) and it is more clearly feminine than Carnal Flower.

So I know exactly what to get for St Valentine's Day

I wasn't standing idly by while all this testing was going on! I really liked Piguet Bandit (for a fragrance listed as feminine rather than unisex I found it frankly, well, macho). I also found my next bottle purchase Aqua di Genova - by a long distance the best classico style cologne I've tested. Much better than Aqua di Parma.

Thanks again and good to see that she chose a 'new' and an 'old' fragrance from your recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by tdi

Chanel number 5 gets good reveiws but majority of young adults would rather die before putting it on.

i am was just saying to what he described she liked, that def would be a no.

Just because something gets rave reviews doesnt been its an automatic love to everyone, it has to be in your scent catagory
    Last edited by Tink; 28th January 2007 at 01:55 PM.
    Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by eau exquise
    Why not give my dear Scherrer 2 /Jean-Louis Scherrer a chance: It ist a warm, very feminine and powerful fragrance - just gorgeous!

Bergamote, Mandarine, Ananas, Anis Etoilée / Badia
    Jasmin, Iris, Tubéreuse, Miel
    Vanille, Santal, Benjoin, Héliotrope
    A second vote for Scherrer 2, it's probably my very favorite fragrance!

Also:
    Hermes Rouge (lighter, less sweet, a bit less sillage but still good)
    Caron Pour Une Femme
    Armani Sensei
    Boucheron EDP

Good luck, and enjoy the search!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

And "oops!" Sorry to have added my 2 cents (2 scents? ) after a decision had already been made -- read the first couple of pages of the thread and skipped to the end. Well, a few more suggestions for the NEXT time you and your lovely wife go out on the town to buy fragrances. Hope you had as great a time as it sounds!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...