Code of Conduct

Default Interesting experience that I though I'd share.

Hey fellow basenoters, I just wanted to share with you an interesting experience that I had last night. I met this one girl at her home last night. I had on my SMW of course and I could barely smell it anymore because I had sprayed it on hours earlier that day.

To make a long story short, we walked outside when I was about to leave and started talking about scents because she likes them too (more along the lines of gourmand scents), I wasn't sure or not that I could still be smelled and she told me that she smelled me in the house, but wasn't going to say anything. She also said that she was going to ask her sister if she smelled me too after I had left. She said that she really likes the SMW and she has never smelled anything like it, she was used to the curves and polos and stuff like that.

There is really no point to this except that most of the time a lot of women do infact smell you, they just may not say anything to you about it unless it just happens to come up in conversation some how.

smeller

Default Re: Interesting experience that I though I'd share.

Along the same lines, I believe one should not expect direct compliments when wearing a frag, but subtle behavior clues may be noticed when you do it right.

I'm saying it for myself, as I rarely get explicit compliments, no matter how great I'm smelling. But sometimes I can detect quite explicit reactions. If you're good at watching body language, you are able to notice that people do smell you.

I guess the moral of this story is that when you think your frag. has worn off it hasent and people can still smell it.
    Awesomeguy

Post Re: Interesting experience that I though I'd share.

That's kind of strange interpretation to be honest, Mr. rosbergs3

Quote Originally Posted by rosbergs3
    I guess the moral of this story is that when you think your frag. has worn off it hasent and people can still smell it.
    That too.

I guess that I've been reading where people said that they've never recieved a compliment on their frags, I guess that this is one of those experiences that people do smell you, they just don't say anything about it.

women have a keener sense of smell

I'll throw in one more observation:

Your personality/body language determine how 'approachable' you are. Obviously the more approachable you are, the more likely you are to be complimented on your fragrance.

I got the best compliment ever the other day while a very attractive girl was fitting me for a suit. I was wearing Penhaligon's Endymion.

She dramatically and genuinely asked, after an obvious deep inhale, "Mmmm, if you don't mind me asking, what is that cologne you're wearing? It smells sooo good!" After telling her, she explained that at first she thought it was familiar, but then found a unique depth to it and that she loved it! I had to (modestly, of course) tell her how it's from England and it was pretty rare in the U.S. She seemed a bit disappointed... So when I went back to pick up the suit, I brought her an extra sample that I had (to give to her boyfriend). It even had the Penhaligon's card attached, with the contact info, etc. She seemed very impressed and thankful. We've been very friendly with eachother since.

I'm not trying to shark her, (I'd never do that, seriously!) but I won't be disappointed if, uh, well...
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Smile Re: Interesting experience that I though I'd share.

Scentronic, way to go dog -- nice form.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by tyrell3000

To make a long story short, we walked outside when I was about to leave and started talking about scents because she likes them too (more along the lines of gourmand scents)
    I think the moral of this story is to go buy some of A*men, Lempicka, Hanae Mori, Rochas Man, Animale Animale, Devotion, Yohji, Sables or some other gourmand as soon as practicable - and put a lot on next time you see her.
    Renato

If the ladies say it's OK, continue to spray!