Code of Conduct

Default Help! Lutens Miel de Bois - How to get it off!?

I tried this yesterday after my Chanel PM Concentree wore off (all too quickly I might add).

Since then, I've tried scrubbing with various Bath & Body Works hand soaps, and have taken both a bath (last night) and shower this A.M.
    The crook of my elbow STILL smells like Miel de Bois - albeit faintly!

I did not like this scent, so it's stickiness was a bad thing. Just fair warning to anyone thinking of sampling this one!

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Default Re: Help! Lutens Miel de Bois - How to get it off!?

Miel de Bois is definitely one of those that is a "love it or hate it" scent. I didn't like it at first, but after wearing it a few times (or, maybe, after it wore ME a few times), I really grew to like it. Now it is my favorite honey scent.

So, give it time...
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 28th January 2007 at 04:18 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Washing the skin with Witch Hazel is very effective at removing strong scents. I have used Witch Hazel to get rid of the scent of an unwanted fragrance that just didn't want to go away, and I have found that it works very quickly and very thoroughly.

Miel de Bois sounds terrifying.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

bleu autumn haze

it's some sort of rule ... the scents you want to remove, you can't.

hmmm I'm sort of on the fence with Miel de Bois, I will give it high marks for its tenaciousness. Of course, that could be a bad thing ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Dependent

I find that an inexpensive cologne cuts through anything, even layering. Splash it on and rub it off. Splash on / rub off.

I use 4711 and I think the board is sick of hearing about it all the time but it's great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility
    I tried this yesterday after my Chanel PM Concentree wore off (all too quickly I might add).

Since then, I've tried scrubbing with various Bath & Body Works hand soaps, and have taken both a bath (last night) and shower this A.M.
    The crook of my elbow STILL smells like Miel de Bois - albeit faintly!

I did not like this scent, so it's stickiness was a bad thing. Just fair warning to anyone thinking of sampling this one!

Paul
    How enlightening.

the cedarwood and moss drydown of miel de bois also to me reminds a lot Chanel PM edt Concentrée and that's partially why I like it: I like both of them.
    And for sure they must be hard to scrub away: they're potently long lasting!
    But they're also both kinda love or hate, for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    I use 4711 and I think the board is sick of hearing about it all the time but it's great stuff.
    I'll back you up on this! I use the 4711 creme soaps.

And Paul! I'm having the same problem this weekend. I was in an odd mood on Friday and decided to wear Eternity Summer '06 to the bar to hang out w/ some friends. Now, after 2 showers (and the last one I was deliberately scrubbing!) I can still detect it on my left wrist!!! And the funny thing is, my right wrist still smells of the John Varvatos I wore last night! There's not even a trace of JV on my left wrist, just ES. So strange...at least I'm not minding the lingering ES, lol. I still love this one. It's just kind of getting annoying that it hasn't scrubbed off yet.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    How enlightening.
    Thinly-veiled sarcasm there, eh Pluran?

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

I liked Miel de Bois when I smelled it at Barney's. If you have a sample or decant that you wanna sell or swap, PM me!

Easiest Guaranteed Effective Method:

Send it to me, immediately. I'll even pay postage!

Dave

When I must remove a scent, for whatever reason, I've found that a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol will take care of most, if not all of it.

I haven't tried the witch hazel, but I've read that although it will clean, it won't remove scent. I don't mean to purposefully contradict the guy who suggested it, (especially since I've never even tried it) I'm just reporting what I've read.....Without going into details that will most likely freak you out or disgust you, I'll tell you that it is used in a certain semi-sexual act to clean "something", but retain the smell. Just what I heard...
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Dependent

and there's Lava soap. Momma used to love it when the Lava was on sale. Removes everything including a layer of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by linnea
    I liked Miel de Bois when I smelled it at Barney's. If you have a sample or decant that you wanna sell or swap, PM me!
    Linnea, you can HAVE this one, gratis! PM me your addy... I also have Santal Blanc, and Arabie samps if you want them, also gratis...

Paul

~ Robert Brault

Linnea, you can HAVE this one, gratis! PM me your addy... I also have Santal Blanc, and Arabie samps if you want them, also gratis...

Paul
    Paul, I think you should give Arabie a chance - it does take a while to 'get it'. As for Miel de Bois, I found it too boring for my tastes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    and there's Lava soap. Momma used to love it when the Lava was on sale. Removes everything including a layer of skin.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Thanks for the warning ! It sounds like it makes the other honey loaded Lutens concoctions weak by comparison *shocker*
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento
    Easiest Guaranteed Effective Method:

Send it to me, immediately. I'll even pay postage!

Dave
    Sorry Dave. Linnea beat you by ten minutes!

P

~ Robert Brault

Sorry Dave. Linnea beat you by ten minutes!

P
    P, No harm done.

Linnea is simply helpfully guarding me from over-spending, which I would have done if I'd liked the sample a lot.

Cheers, Dave

MDB is definitely a love or hate it scent.

Count me as an admirer.