Code of Conduct

Thread: Atomizers?

Default Atomizers?

Where can I find a couple of nice ones. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Atomizers?

i bet thereare pefumer'ssiteswhere you canbuy decent atomizers
    but i totally suggest the nordstrom ones at the women's counter
    they are about $6...glass with metal cover....expensive but i'd say it's alright

about atomizers...my mom uses these mini spray bottles all plastic that she bought from a beauty supplie store kinda for body splashes or hairspray...
    should i use it for my prada....i'd say it's around 30ml in size
    kinda big...not sure
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

eBay seller Paradisetown1 has 2.5ml plastic atomizers for around US $0.50 each in quantities of 25+. I have ordered before and they don't leak. They are "snap-fit" type, not screw-in, so just squeeze the nozzle down onto the bottom part. The dip tube should wind up in the very bottom, near the edge.

Markc decants in this type, and I have had great luck with them as well.

My $.02

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

I second the reccomendation for the Nordstrom atomizers.

They are very attractive and come in silver/silver and black/gold.

They are about 5 - 7 ml, if I had to guess.

Since they are a glass vial housed in a plastic-lined metal case, they are very durable and will not leak or accidentally spray in your pocket or purse.

You could probably fire it at the wall and it wouldn't break or leak! (don't hold me to it, though!)

I've got 6 of them and plan on getting one for just about all of my fragrances, now that the accumulation spree is over. Lets see...that will cost about $150. Maybe not all at once...
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic
    I second the reccomendation for the Nordstrom atomizers.

They are very attractive and come in silver/silver and black/gold.

They are about 5 - 7 ml, if I had to guess.

Since they are a glass vial housed in a plastic-lined metal case, they are very durable and will not leak or accidentally spray in your pocket or purse.

You could probably fire it at the wall and it wouldn't break or leak! (don't hold me to it, though!)

I've got 6 of them and plan on getting one for just about all of my fragrances, now that the accumulation spree is over. Lets see...that will cost about $150. Maybe not all at once...
    totally agrree
    i actually thought of buying atomizers for each of my scents...but of course not all at once
    wishlist:

Default Atomizers

Hi there!

I am looking for a retail supplier of 10 ml frosted glass atomizers. A few months ago I did find a (US) online shop that supplied exactly what I want (in fact, some baseoneters use their products for their decants) but since then, my computer has crashed and thus, I no longer have their site in my favourites and subsequent searches have proved fruitless. Can anyone help?

Cheers!
    QE

Default Atomizers

Hey guys, a quick question...I'm going to purchase 3 pocket atomizers from Sephora for my 3 favorite Creeds- GIT, SMW, and TAB. I would think the atomizers would be clean and ready for decanting, but should I clean the atomizers thoroughly with alcohol or something first just to be on the safe side? Thanks so much, Brandon

Default Re: Atomizers

I'm confused.. Sephora doesn't sell Creed...
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

My bad, I have the Creeds already but am going to pick up a few empty atomizers from Sephora to decant the Creeds into just to have when I travel and such. I would think offhand that it would not be necessary to do any kind of cleaning whatsoever to them as they're supposed to be brand new, of course...but, I suppose I think of the example of buying new drinking glasses or something...you'd definitely need to wash them prior to use.

I love http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com/

They provide all kinds of atomizers, roll-ons, as well as the pipettes and funnels to make it quick and clean!

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith001 View Post
    Hey guys, a quick question...I'm going to purchase 3 pocket atomizers from Sephora for my 3 favorite Creeds- GIT, SMW, and TAB. I would think the atomizers would be clean and ready for decanting, but should I clean the atomizers thoroughly with alcohol or something first just to be on the safe side? Thanks so much, Brandon
    if you want....if it looks cheap and not of high quality....i wouldn't use it on such "precious" fragrance....i used $6 atomizers( metal covered glass) from nordstroms....on....my first 3 scents...Pi, Mat;Very Male, and Dior homme....
    wishlist:

http://www.pilotvials.com/
    I have seen silver atomizers at target.

I don't think it matters.. I don't think the atomizers will affect the scent I've never had any problems with that type of thing
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I have never cleaned unused and new spray bottles or rollons. Seems not to have affected any fragrance I have put in them.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I have several of the Nordstrom atomizers, and never rinse them first. They should be fine. I just found the ones at Sephora for the first time the other day, but they are 9 or 10 bucks, so I'm going to wait until Nordy's gets more in.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking the same thing but spending so much on Creeds, I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks again.