Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Longing For Spring - What's in Your Scent Wardrobe?

This is echoing the thread on the men's forum but with a feminine flavour.

What perfumes are you eager to get into next season? Even though the days are still dark and grey, the call of re-awakening nature can be felt, if not heard, stronger each day.

What are the perfumes you are eager to wear just as soon as the season, temperatures and weather permit?

My current spring beauties tempting me are:

Crown Perfumery Marechale
    Caron Bellodgia EDP
    Caron Montaigne EDP
    Penhaligons Lily & Spice
    Caron Fleurs de Rocaille
    Guerlain Champs-Elysees EDT
    Guerlain Chamade
    Guerlain AA Gentiana
    Guerlain Mitsouko EDT
    Jean Patou ENJoy
    Jean Patou Sublime
    Jean Patou Colony
    Jean Patou Patou For Ever (+ Mitsouko)
    Dior Diorella
    Hermes Hiris
    Cartier So Pretty
    Chanel No.19 EDP
    Paloma Picasso Mon Parfum EDP
    Yardley Sandalwood
    TBS Japanese Musk (vintage)
    Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Citronnier
    Serge Lutens Un Lys
    Serge Lutens A La Nuit
    Serge Lutens Daim Blond
    Balmain Vent Vert
    Jasper Conran Woman EDP
    Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass
    Cacharel Anais Anais
    Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds
    Van Cleef & Arpels First
    Jo Malone French Lime Blossom
    Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey
    TBS Tobacco Flower
    TBS Minteva
    Demeter Poison Ivy
    TBS Passionflower
    TBS Pink Pepper
    Gres Cabotine
    Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
    Paul Smith Women
    Parfums Jamaica White Witch EDP
    Cerruti 1881 pour femme Eau d'Ete 2003
    Cerruti 1881 pour femme
    Diesel Feminine Green
    Shiseido Femininite du Bois
    Givenchy III
    Worth Je Reviens
    Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt
    Gianfranco Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre
    YSL Champagne / Yvresse
    Houbigant Demi Jour
    Houbigant Essence Rare
    Montana Parfum D'Elle
    Montana Parfum de Peau
    Balmain Jolie Madame
    Balmain Miss Balmain
    Pierre Cardin Choc
    Etro Shaal Nur
    Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi + Nemat Myrrh

NB: My masculine choices are listed on then men's thread.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Default Re: Longing For Spring - What's in Your Scent Wardrobe?

Oh, I hope for many new goodies for this spring! I have a lot of sniffing to do

Some I share with you:
    Mitsouko
    Je Reviens
    Hiris
    Anais Anais
    Blue Grass (this is probably the frag that has given me the most compliments!)

Also Diorissimo, Mat;, Laguna, Lily Dior, Mure et Musc, White Linen Breeze (if I can get my hands on it...), Oscar Bambou, Eau de Dolce Vita, Eau de Ruby Lips...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Let's see...
    Pink Sugar
    Caleche
    La Chasse aux Papillions
    Musc de Java - Les Nereides
    Hanae Mori Butterfly
    Terracotta - Guerlain
    Acqua di Parma Profumo
    Design - Paul Sebastian
    Carolina Herrera
    Balmya - Balmain
    Jolie Madame
    Vent Vert
    Blonde Eau Fleurie - Versace
    and last but not least...
    L'Heure Bleue which has been tucked away all winter because I prefer it as a summer night scent.

I have to have the kitty in Musse's avatar

Smile Re: Longing For Spring - What's in Your Scent Wardrobe?

Champs Elysees, but I've been wearing it this warm winter, too.
    Violetta di Parma
    Straw Hat (not quite the same as the old stuff, but passable)
    Lalique Flora Bella
    O de Lancome, can't wear it in the winter.
    Mitsouko, wearing it now, as well.
    a Russian scent, Hyacinth
    L'air du Temps
    Acqua Allergoria Herba Fresca - but why does this turn to caraway seed on me - my Central European background???? I keep trying it, though, since I bought it.
    White Shoulders - my poor man's Joy.

[QUOTE=moondeva]This is echoing the thread on the men's forum but with a feminine flavour.
    Balmain Jolie Madame
    [

[QUOTE=moondeva]This is echoing the thread on the men's forum but with a feminine flavour.
    Balmain Jolie Madame

I have read about Jolie Madam but am not familiar with it. I read the two reviews in the directory and my curiosity is piqued! tell me what it smells like to you...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loukoumi
    Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    This is echoing the thread on the men's forum but with a feminine flavour.
    Balmain Jolie Madame
    I have read about Jolie Madam but am not familiar with it. I read the two reviews in the directory and my curiosity is piqued! tell me what it smells like to you...
    "Jolie Madame is ever the 'lady' wearing a soft violet aldehydic floral which lingers on the inside of her buttery soft leather gloves."

You should definitely try to get hold of some Balmain Jolie Madame . It is a great scent. Unlike Chanel Cuir de Russie, which degenerates very quickly into horse saddle / blanket and fatty / tallowy aldehydes, Jolie Madame manages to balance the fine line between strong, animalic notes and remaining a wonderful perfume perfect for any lady.

Top: Artemesia, Bergamot oil, Coriander, Gardenia, Neroli
    Heart: Jasmin, Jonquil, Orris, Rose, Tuberose
    Base: Castoreum, Civet, Leather, Moss, Musk, Patchouli, Vetiver

Balmain's Jolie Madame begins as a classic, elegant floral with a major violet accord. But even as you are enjoying the fresh opening and the deeper heart notes, the complex leather chypre base notes are emerging and pushing forward. The major character of the base is a soft, expensive leather like that of an extremely beautiful, buttery soft, luxe caramel haute couture feminine leather jacket, custom made to fit perfectly. There is no 'new car interior' to be found here. The classic florals along with violets give a touch of powder to the base like expensive make-up but in a chic manner rather than old fashioned talc. The castoreum, civet, and musk appear to be missing except that the scent just seems to get better and better as it dries down with the scent, seeming to become one with your skin in such a way that an unsuspecting male / female may think that you smell this delicious naturally and fall in love. You will probably fall in love with yourself before they get a chance...
    Last edited by moondeva; 31st January 2007 at 01:50 AM.

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Great thread! I've been plotting spring scents, too, and craving transparent florals. Here's my list:

Daim Blond (suede for spring)
    En Passant
    Ivoire de Balmain
    Tann Rokka (Kizu) transparent woods with ylang ylang
    a light lilac -- probably Ineke After My Own Heart
    something very casual, with freesia and grass notes -- maybe Diptyque Ofresia? Balmy Days and Sundays?
    something rose -- Barbare? Paestum? Voleur?

I'm also planning on wearing Champs Elysees again, and trying Jolie Madame.
    Last edited by coumarin; 31st January 2007 at 02:48 AM.

Put very simply, and amateurishly, a beautifully sweet violet-like fragrance made sophisticated by a deeper undertone, which I now recognize as leather. The layers are beautifully integrated.
    I used to subscribe to Elle magazine in French during the early and mid seventies. The ad for Jolie Madame (retro at that time) showed a gorgeous young model in a black hat and veil reminiscent of the forties.
    Ya gotta smell it to "get" it.

I don't wear scents for seasons, but for moods. I still categorize them in phases, somewhat, though. So my dreams of the next phase of spending all my money fixate on buying bottles or samples of :

L'Artisan L'Ete en Douce
    Ineke After My Own Heart
    Bond No. 9 West Side
    Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger
    Le Labo Tubereuse 40
    Sarah Horowitz Light
    Ormonde Jayne Sampaguita
    Crazylibellule and the Poppies Ananas Imperial
    Il Profumo Nymphea
    Montale Crystal Flowers
    Mazzolari Marina
    Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel
    Flora Napa Valley Cielo
    JAR Bolt of Lightning (I can dream!)

These are what I have in mind for Spring:
    Folavril Annick Goutal
    Antonia Flowers
    Calycanthus by Acca Kappa
    IO "Capri" by Carthusia
    Tiare by Chantecaille
    Champs-Elysées by Guerlain
    Eau de Charlotte by Annick Goutal
    Madison Soiree by Bond No.9
    La Chasse aux Papillions by L'Artisan
    Oeillet Sauvage by L'Artisan
    Fleurs de Citronnier by Serge Lutens

Many Annick Goutal scents say Spring to me, especially Folavril and Eau de Charlotte, but also Eau de Ciel and Heure Exquise.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Hey Moondiva: I'm in awe of your perfume lists. Your more of a perfume maven than I am. People I know, think I'M over the top, at least I know I'm in good company. I live in Florida, and since it's hot out, most of the time, I don't pay attention to seasons to decide what scent I'll wear. So for me, if I want to wear something spicy or heavy, I just do it. Whatever catches my fancy or mood at the moment, is what I choose. To me, being in Florida as long as I have, I don't think about that aspect. I just grab a bottle & spray...

Spring is for my favorite scents!

Un Lys
    Fleurs d 'Oranger
    Rose Barbare
    Clair de Musc

I m tempted by Chelsea Flowers this year, I had a sample of it and liked it but I find it too expensive for something that smells very good and like spring but so generic for a niche fragrance, I might go for a decant if not a small bottle.

I am loving my winter scents these days, and although I would wear any scent depending on mood, I undoubtedly think my mood will skew towards lighter frags for Spring.

That said, things I will wear from my 'drobe include:
    Dolce Gabanna Light Blue
    Guerlain Mahora
    Clinique Chemistry
    Balenciaga Cristobal
    Van Cleef & Arpels Murmure
    Rochas Tocade
    Dream Angels Halo

I also plan on wearing spicy woody boozy things in warm weather, like Idole Lubin and Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustinaM
    Hey Moondiva: I'm in awe of your perfume lists. Your more of a perfume maven than I am. People I know, think I'M over the top, at least I know I'm in good company. I live in Florida, and since it's hot out, most of the time, I don't pay attention to seasons to decide what scent I'll wear. So for me, if I want to wear something spicy or heavy, I just do it. Whatever catches my fancy or mood at the moment, is what I choose. To me, being in Florida as long as I have, I don't think about that aspect. I just grab a bottle & spray...
    Welcome 'home' to Basenotes, JustinaM! :wave:

Thank you for the compliment! I truly do love perfume and believe that there is a wardrobe of perfect scents for everyone out there.

I appreciate that living in a temperate climate may free you from the tyranny of seasons but do you not find that your preferences / collection is already 'automatically' tempered by the climate you live in? I know that I am less inclined to reach for certain winter HG's unless the themometer drops below a certain point. For no other reason that, for me personally, it doesn't matter sometimes just how much I crave a scent it will just not be 'right' unless the temperature is right.

Take YSL NU EDP and her brother YSL M7 - I adore this on cold grey winter days. I have found for most of this unseasonabley warm / bright winter that both have smelt distinctly 'off' or wrong - even though I craved them. But then the temperature dropped, it dropped so low that we had snow... and suddenly they were both scrumptious and delicious again!
    YSL Nu EDP in warmer weather is all 'clean hamster cage wood chips sprinkled in pepper' a nice scent but definitely not for me. But in the frozen midst of winter it is a multifaceted complex, deep incense beauty with exotic starkly elegant floral heart over smooth creamy woods. Divine!

My point is that your environment may be directing your choices / preferences more than you think.

My ultimate spring perfumes:

Spring Flower
    Zohar - my orange blossom perfume
    Tamya - jasmine sambac, yuzu, cedar and musk
    Les Nuages de Joie Jaune - besides the orange blossoms, there will be mimosa blossoms where I am planning to spend my spring, so this will be particularly fitting!
    Narciso Rodriguez EDT (can be worn anytime really, but I worn so much of it last spring that I've come to associate it with this season).

I am planning to spend at least 1/3 of my spring away from this icebox, so I will be able to wear perfumes that really work well in warm weather - Le Parfum de Therese and Philosykos are the two I am taking with me for sure, which I rarely have the proper weather to enjoy in this part of the world where I live...

Hopefully I won't be packing any more scents than that into my suitcase this spring - it's so much easier to travel light. And also this way you end up associating specific scents with very special travel-memories.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Based on the 70+ degree weather we had a few weeks ago, I know Carnal Flower will be unspeakably beautiful when the weather is warm. I'm also looking forward to spending some time with Cristalle EdT, and to buying samples or full bottles of En Passant, Premier Figuier, and Jicky.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

I'm amazed how many listed my 'winter' fragrances in their spring lists! I can't get near First, Profumo or Jolie Madame until autumn.

In winter the air becomes very ozonic and minimalist here, with hardly any fragrance whatsoever, so come spring I start craving all those wonderful light green, fresh, floral fragrances. Also, the smell of cold, thawing earth is extremely wonderful then, so I like Demeter's Snow best in the spring.

Comme une Evidence is my BIG spring scent, along with the beloved Apres L'Ondee.

Others:
    Nanadebary Green - such a fresh, floral, pretty green
    En Passant
    Compagnia Delle Indie Donna
    Mugler Cologne
    Jean Nate
    Agraria Balsam
    Gianfranco Ferre
    Royal Water
    Thymes Eucalyptus
    Cucumber Baie
    Bulgari Au The Verte, & Blanc
    ADP Colonia & Colonia Assoluta
    Eau De Reglisse
    Fiori Di Capri
    Orchidee Blanc
    D&G Light Blue - this has a Sweet Gale smell to me
    Champaca
    Red Palisander
    Eau Dynamisante

It's just felt like winter here for a week or two....no yearnings yet. But I have been away from some since autumn...

kai
    Mimosa pour Moi L'Artisan
    Demeter Lettuce (newbie)
    Demtere Lilac (newbie-layer with Lettuce!)
    Cucumber Baie Fresh
    Highland Lilac
    Lily and Spice Penhaligon's
    Montales White Musk
    Elisabethan Rose Penhaligon's
    Eau de Camille AG
    Bluebell Penhaligon's
    Verte Violette L'Artisan
    Silver Rain La Prairie--the cutest bottle IN THE WORLD. I have a blue shadowed raindrop tattooed on my thigh....
    En Passant Malle
    Pur Desir de Gardenia
    Jalaine's Gardenia'
    Philosykos Diptyque
    Ralph Lauren's Blue

And I want to try some more Demeters--Cucumber, New Zealand, Salt Air, Thunderstorm....

I need to hear more about Ineke's Of the Heart....I read about it already, and seem to be in a lilac frame of mind.
    Last edited by Shycat; 31st January 2007 at 08:45 PM.

TO MOONDEVA: Sorry to disagree with you, but I have NU EDP and wear it in 85 degree weather. My doctor smelled it on me, and loved it, so I gave her my bottle. All my fragrances are heavy & spicy, and I never think about the weather influencing my choices. Never did , never will. Even when I was living in N.Y., and there was winter weather, always wore the same type of fragrance, no matter what the weather. I have never worn a "light, summery fragrance, don't even like them. Nothing & nobody influence my choices in fragrances or in anything else for that matter. I do my own thing.

Red face Re: Longing For Spring - What's in Your Scent Wardrobe?

For Spring, I love:

Kenzo Flower
    Guerlain With Love
    Mitsouko
    Shalimar Light
    Crabtree & Evelyn Savanna Gardens
    Henri Bendel Orange Blossom
    Calvin Klein Eternity Moment (on rainy days only)

Also can't wait to try out my new Lily of the Valley from Crabtree & Evelyn.

Am scent-sister with Katori and Shycat on Mitsouko and Kai - and how 'bout Eau de Mervielles and Costes and My Newest Best Friend White Lilac from Ava-Luxe (which I'm wearing anyway even though it's ALMOST February). Arden's Green Tea and Tommy Girl and some light roses and muguet and JASMINE and freesia - and - and.....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I have not really thought that far ahead yet but I am hoping to find something new for Spring. I've been thinking about Kai or something along that line. I don't love florals on myself but I have tried Monyette Paris and Yosh Stargazer ( tooo heavy of afloral for me). I am very open to suggestions though

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    Am scent-sister with Katori and Shycat on Mitsouko and Kai - and how 'bout Eau de Mervielles and Costes and My Newest Best Friend White Lilac from Ava-Luxe (which I'm wearing anyway even though it's ALMOST February). Arden's Green Tea and Tommy Girl and some light roses and muguet and JASMINE and freesia - and - and.....
    Well, Hello, scent-sister!

If you like Arden's Green Tea, you might also like Bvlgari's. It's my favorite green tea.

Also, a friend of mine who loved Tommy Girl also loved Bvlgari Pour Femme.

I'm definitely looking forward to my muguet, too!

Kotori

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori
    Well, Hello, scent-sister!

If you like Arden's Green Tea, you might also like Bvlgari's. It's my favorite green tea.

Also, a friend of mine who loved Tommy Girl also loved Bvlgari Pour Femme.

I'm definitely looking forward to my muguet, too!

Kotori
    Thanks, Babe! Will check 'em out when next at the frag counter! Used to love Coty's Muguet de Bois - what's your fave? (Ava-Luxe has a beauty!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Champs elysees too Pleasures,Contradiction and Pure Poison.I wear them during winther too,but these are particularly "springy"too me