Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Today I bought ... (for February 2007)

A new month, a new charge-card statement.
    So, what's in your wallet--nothing?
    Ah, but what's being added to your fragrance collection?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Today I bought ... (for February 2007)

I won a $1000 bet with the Head Honcho...I really should buy some clothes & shoes but I know that it will go to perfume & earrings
    It's going to be a GREAT month!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    I won a $1000 bet with the Head Honcho...I really should buy some clothes & shoes but I know that it will go to perfume & earrings
    It's going to be a GREAT month!!

Congratulations Tinker!

My utmost and deepest admirations are aimed at you at this moment .
    Oh the fun you shall have and well deserved too .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Ever since I stopped smoking, I've found that I can't handle many of my foody favorites... so, I followed up on my animalic chypre fascination today with a vintage bottle of Miss Dior.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djuna
    Ever since I stopped smoking, I've found that I can't handle many of my foody favorites... so, I followed up on my animalic chypre fascination today with a vintage bottle of Miss Dior.
    Go, girl! You are going to smell amazing!!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Yesterday...
    A decant of my newest love, Let Me Play The Lion; A fill-up of Opone, samples of Heely Cardinal, Frapin 1270, Parfumerie Generale Tubereurse Couture, LV Alamut, Slatkin Absinthe.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    So, what's in your wallet--nothing?
    Exactly! Nothing, rien, nada, niente, nichts...someone wanna swap cash for buttons?
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

A new month....it feels like a fresh start! I am still waiting for my bottle of Nanadeberry that is on back order from Aedes. I am trying to restrain myself because I am planning on buying Chinatown and possibly Black Orchid at the end of this month. I don't really consider samples or small decants a purchase (at least this is what I tell myself) so the possibilities are endless.

I finally gave in and bought the 100ml bottle of Iris Poudre....ahhhh, so lovely.....this love affair with the Frederic Malle line is going to cost me dearly.

Feminite du bois! I decided to ask if they had it at the local department store...and they did!*happy* Still haven't spent the money I got from my mom and aunt for my birthday,so that was kind of my "alibi"to get it

These are for hubby:

Blue Sugar
    Antidote
    Silver Shadow

I might wear them from time to time... I'm talking mostly about Blue Sugar it's quite yummy!

EDIT: I forgot to add Canali too!!!!!!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Received my bottle of Sa Majeste la Rose today along with samples of the following from Aedes:

Molinard's Nirmala (FIVE STARS, Ladies, see notes under Frag that most surprised you)
    Molinard's Gardenia
    L'Artisan's Safran Troublant (VERY PROMISING AT FIRST SNIFF), La Chasse de Papillons, Vouleur de Roses, and Drole de Roses
    L'Eau d'Italie Sienne l'Hiver (LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS, Incense, churchy and outdoorsy at the same time. Catholics, former and current, take note!)
    Diptyque Tam Dao

I will be at the ready for my FLower Power week with my new Serge Frag.
    I am being called by Roses these days. Not sure why. I have a nice bottle of Weleda Wild Rose oil to layer with , too , after bath and shower.
    A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do.

Renee
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I just splurged...though nothing too sophisticated I'm afraid!

I got a bottle of Hypnotic Poison (liked it when I tried it in a Duty Free several years ago but never got around to buying any), a small bottle of Youth Dew and Mugler's Alien. The last couple are almost blind buys...I smelled Alien on a magazine strip but am unsure it'll work on me.
    I will report back once I've had chance to wear them!

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes
    Feminite du bois! I decided to ask if they had it at the local department store...and they did!*happy* Still haven't spent the money I got from my mom and aunt for my birthday,so that was kind of my "alibi"to get it
    Excellent choice! I have it on today and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

No.19 edp..UPDATE: OUT OF STOCK so I ordered more Farnesiana edp
    Habanita
    Caron's Rose edp
    Last edited by tinker424; 3rd February 2007 at 06:26 PM.

A decant of Rose Barbare, and a mini of FM Parfum de Therese (yes, I'm thinking spring).

Guerlain Vetiver Extreme and Lalique Encre Noir. Can someone tell that I really fancy vetiver based scents ;-)

-T-

bleu autumn haze

I bought a bottle of Todd Oldham on ebay just now. I bought it unsniffed, who mentioned this recently in a thread?? Enabler you are!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

3.4oz Chanel No 22 at Gloss.com

Yesterday I bought a big bottle of Marc Jacobs Blush for $11.00 at Marshall's. I'm on a jasmine kick and this is a very pretty jasmine.

Today I got my Demeter samples in the mail, and a decant of Carol's Daughter Lisa Ocean Rain Body Spray. Freebie CD Ocean and CD Groove.

Finallly, Snow, Thunderstorm, New Zealand, Cucumber, Ocean, Salt Air, and Poison Ivy will Pick Me UP. Maybe it's what I've been missing all this time!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I just bought a 1 oz. decant of Hermes Ambre Narguile for $50 (shipping included). I feel very lucky.

I see I'm already spending more in 2007 than I thought I would. But, logically speaking , I'm mostly replenishing dwindling supplies of my favorites, so the money is all well spent.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

3 Feb 07
    Broke down and bought a bottle 50ml Body Kouros by YSL and a bottle of 40ml Omnia by Bulgari they are both USD22.
    I love that sweet inscensy smell from Body Kouros...

It's all TWolf and RTamara's fault(s).....JUST TODAY indulged in Cabochard (due to the former) and Waleda Wild Rose Body Oil (of which I'd never even HEARD until I got sucked in by Base Notes) thanks to RTamara.

Sigh.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

TaoLady - the Cabochard is amazing! You won't regret it.

I bought a full bottle of SL Fleurs d'Oranger. I love it, but already I'm thinking "should it have been A La Nuit? Should it have been Dzonghka? Should it have been..." Seriously. Shut up and enjoy the flowers, Sara.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

bleu autumn haze

In a moment of weakness, I bought an Angel mini on ebay just now ... It sort of seems like a good idea to start collecting some of the minis that they have made over the years. This one makes two that I now own, I think I read that to qualify for a collection, you have to have three ... off to ebay for more shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    It's all TWolf and RTamara's fault(s).....JUST TODAY indulged in Cabochard (due to the former) and Waleda Wild Rose Body Oil (of which I'd never even HEARD until I got sucked in by Base Notes) thanks to RTamara.

Sigh.
    I resisted Waleda Wild Rose Body Oil two nights ago at Wild Oats Market. I stuck to my guns and got Golden Jojoba oil as a carrier. I already have a large bottle of Sweet Almond Oil for my skin, and more rose frags than I can keep track of--like 19, to be painfully exact. I don't need Waleda Wild Rose. I don't need Waleda Wild Rose. I don't need Waleda Wild Rose. I don't need it. I don't. I don't. Really.

Today I got two 30ml bottles of Lolita Lempicka - L Eau de Parfum; and one 30ml bottle of Amor Amor.

Last week I got a 75ml bottle of Shalimar Eau Légère - Light, 50ml edp of Black Cashmere (I'm stocking up on this one).

Prada for hubby.

Salvador Dali

02/04/07:

Chant de Aromes 3.4oz
    Parfum Sacre 1.7oz
    Fracas edp 1.7oz + free shower creme
    Calandre 1oz

Today I bought the heaviest, sexiest male fragrance for myself.. yes and I'm a woman! Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein (125ml) Love ot or hate it, it is purely self-indulgent. I have loved it on others for over 10 years and now its my turn to sniff my wrists and let it woft in my hair.. why not!
    Last edited by smelly_in_melb; 5th February 2007 at 09:28 AM.

I bought some CDs to accompany my smellies... I know it sound ridiculous!
    I bought:
    Beth Gibbons & Rustin - Out of Season
    Faithless - Forever Faithless (The Best of)
    Faithless - To all new arrivals

I love Beth's vocal... her voice goes really well with the Black Aoud.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    I resisted Waleda Wild Rose Body Oil two nights ago at Wild Oats Market. I stuck to my guns and got Golden Jojoba oil as a carrier. I already have a large bottle of Sweet Almond Oil for my skin, and more rose frags than I can keep track of--like 19, to be painfully exact. I don't need Waleda Wild Rose. I don't need Waleda Wild Rose. I don't need Waleda Wild Rose. I don't need it. I don't. I don't. Really.
    :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I bought two bottles today. The first was the one I set out for, Madame Rochas. I tried this last week and liked it, but today I'm disappointed, all the more so because I could only find a 100ml bottle. It has dried down to a smoky dryness redolent of a nearby ashtray. The same thing happens to me when I wear any tuberose fragrance. Where are the flowers? What is wrong with my skin?

The second bottle was a lovely little 15ml of La Perla dressed up in a black drawstring bag which is great for transporting in the handbag. Why don't other perfumes come in this perfect size? The fragrance itself is also quite lovely, a relief after several failed 'classics'.

...and if decants count, today it was ELO's Putain de Palaces; Carnal Flower and Musc Ravageur. Sigh.

bleu autumn haze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    ...and if decants count, today it was ELO's Putain de Palaces; Carnal Flower and Musc Ravageur. Sigh.
    yep! decants count!

i bought pre-order decants of the new chanels! eeeeek! did you guys see what luca turin said? i can't wait!
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Nuits De Scherrer edp...the renamed Nuits Indiennes

Oops, already failed at my 'buy nothing in Feb.' plan: snagged a decant of Montale's Sweet Oriental Dream. But it was either the decant or a FB because I adore the stuff, so I figured it'd be more responsible to do the decant first...poor justification, yes, but my sample's nearly gone, and I'm 100% unwilling to live without it!

I just got home with Bvlgari pour Femme, Ellen Tracy, more Gloria a package in the mail, and of course more almond lotion and essential oils. I have enough almond lotion to moisterize the city, but oh how good it smells. Cyanide poisoning? Oh well, that's the price you pay, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu
    I bought a bottle of Todd Oldham on ebay just now. I bought it unsniffed, who mentioned this recently in a thread?? Enabler you are!
    That was me! I remember really enjoying this scent. I wore it in college. Let me know how you like!
    --------------------------------------
    A vintage Eau de Jolie Madame from eBay. I have been seeking out this one in vintage formulation for weeks and keep losing the auctions. It's EdP, but I figure if it's vintage formulation, this should still be a good place to start.

Also on my vintage questing is Miss Dior or Diorella (or Diorama, which I take it would be very difficult to get and probably quite expensive). Which one would you experienced noses recommend?
    Last edited by mochi227; 6th February 2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Well I *bought* it last month (barely), but it was delivered today - Fresh's Hombre de Flores Polianthes Tuberosa. I'm very pleased with it (not least by the fact that with postage, I got a full bottle on eBay for £6) - the tuberose note is true and beautiful, and I love love love the way the ambergris in the base works with it. There's also what I think might be oakmoss - it's soft, warm and floral all at once.

I'm less keen on the opening tangerine, but that top note vanishes within a few minutes leaving a rather longer-lasting cucumber which, unlike most cucumber notes, doesn't shout 'synthetic'; it's blended very delicately and lifts the tuberose.

Caron's Aimez Moi (50ml $14.99 with FREE SHIPPING ) Now, I'm not a big fan of Aimez, but I am a bona-fide Caron whore. Sorry Guerlain it's not you, it's me.

I just purchased,

Shalimar (parfum, a re-try after about 20 yrs.)
    Dolce & Gabbana for woman (not sure about this one yet)
    Bal a Versailles by Jean Desprez (love, love, love this frag!)
    Bellodgia - Caron (re-purchase)
    Parfum Sacre - Caron (definitely one of my best purchases to date! Love it!)

Am going to purchase a sample of Sisley's Soir De Lune and one of Sables. I'd really like to try these too.

The first purchase of the year: Eau Impériale tester, a real bargain for 15 €.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Rochas Poupee and Balahe.... just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by TDDanae
    I just got home with Bvlgari pour Femme, Ellen Tracy, more Gloria a package in the mail, and of course more almond lotion and essential oils. I have enough almond lotion to moisterize the city, but oh how good it smells. Cyanide poisoning? Oh well, that's the price you pay, I guess.
    That's the spirit!

Well, I had been contemplating purchasing Kai ( even though it has been a long time since I smelled it and I had never actually put it on my body! I just want it to be summer sooooo bad.) I decided to drop by this little boutique this afternoon to see if there was anything I couldn't live without and there it was....Kai! I took that as a sign that I was meant to buy it....so I did! By the way, I love it.

Bought L'Heure Bleue. Tried it in from the Guerlain Boutique this morning before work. Had to go back and buy the EDP after work. It's surprisingly beautiful and works very well on me. Love it!

Ineke After My Own Heart -- a little spring preview.

...Weleda Wild Rose Body Oil to go under all those roses I got. MANY thanks to RTamara for this find.

I think.

Love Magical Moon so I got a bottle of Hanae Mori's Butterfly, a good deal. I don't like it as much as MM, which is my HG, but it is lovely and not my usual cup of tea, so good for days when I want a change.

30ml of WHITE LILAC from Ava Luxe
    I posted the 20% off code on the Discount thread

I actually bought this at the end of January, but it only arrived a couple of days ago, so I waited to post until now so I'd feel a little less guilty about my extravagance...

I bought a bottle of Guerlain's new Bois d'Armenie blind. Stupid of me, because my skin has historically had trouble with the Guerlainade. But OH! I do believe this one is "it" for me. Still cautiuosly figuring it out, but so far... gorgeous, beautiful, haunting, perfect. HURRAH!!!!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I bought bottle of Eau du Soir by Sisley. This a real wake up call of a fragrance, with delicious herbs and citrus demanding attention. A little of this will go a long way, so I must be careful not to overdose with it and become potent.

The bottle I bought is 30ml, and I believe there is also a 15ml bottle. Well done Sisley for offering these smaller amounts.

Yves Saint Laurent - Body Kouros earlier this month and just a few monutes ago, Floris - Lily of the Valley. I have no idea what the last one will be (well, almost single note lily of the valley, duh) and just fell for a low price on Ebay. In a week or so we'll see

After a year of accumulating points at the drugstore, I finally redeemed them today. Went hog wild and had a great time. Got the following for "free"... it doesn't get sweeter than that!

Guerlain - L'Instant
    Guerlain - Samsara
    Guerlain - Champs Elysees
    Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle
    Armani - Sensi
    Stella McCartney - Stella

All smaller bottles, all EDP... will be a delightfully scented February. Now to sneak them into my fragrance drawer without the hubby seeing them.

Have a good weekend.

Just came in the mail:

Nocturnes (parfum) - Caron
    Venezia (EDT) - Laura Biagotti
    Sublime- (miniature parfum) Jean Patou

Can't wait to try these out!

I got myself a big 100ml bottle of MyQueen edp.

Salvador Dali

Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire

Looking forward to its delivery!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

1/4oz vintage Mitsouko parfum (pre-reformulation). Will she love my skin or will she not? I can't wait to meet her