Code of Conduct

Default I want another great niche!

first apologize to all for the new threads!
    im looking for another great and lovely niche frag after ft and bde samples , how about dzongkha from l'artisan?(is it suitable for men quite?) or neroli sauvage and erolfa from creed?
    how about l'artisan's frags and other niches?

Default Re: I want another great niche!

I haven't tried anything by Creed except for Love in White. It's gorgeous, but did not work with my skin chemistry.

I feel the same way about Dzonghka (didn't work with my skin chemistry although it's a fabulous scent). It would be perfect for men OR women.

I love L'Artisan...I hope you find something you adore! Niche scents are fabulous.

thank linnea
    any other opinion from basenoters?

i decided to buy 3 or 4 different samples and don't know to order 5 ml or 1.3 ml? im worried to buy 1.3 ml samples and can't understand love them or not love!

Farshad, it really depends on how much you apply and how quickly you know if a fragrance is for you or not. 1.3 ml serves most people about 3-4 applications, but certain scents require a more liberal application. 5 ml should definitely be enough to give a fragrance a decent test-run for various days.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

saw in a post that dzongkha is more a feminine scent than a manly fragrance! is it right?
    Last edited by farshad; 28th January 2007 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farshad
    saw in a post that dzongkha is more a feminine scent than a manly fragrance! is it right?
    I don't think so. Dzongkha is a very unique (some may say 'odd') scent, but it doesn't strike me as being overly feminine.

Anyway, I would recommend the Neroli Sauvage and Erolfa before Dzongkha, if only because they're a little easier to get used to than the Dzongkha.

Also, have you read the reviews and such of Dzongkha, Erolfa and Neroli Sauvage in the directory? There is TONS of information there and I'm sure that you can get a better sense of the fragrance than from just a few posts here. Quite frankly, we've discussed Erolfa and NS so many times, I imagine many of us are talked-out about it.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 28th January 2007 at 03:58 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    I don't think so. Dzongkha is a very unique (some may say 'odd') scent, but it doesn't strike me as being overly feminine.

Anyway, I would recommend the Neroli Sauvage and Erolfa before Dzongkha, if only because they're a little easier to get used to than the Dzongkha.

Also, have you read the reviews and such of Dzongkha, Erolfa and Neroli Sauvage in the directory? There is TONS of information there and I'm sure that you can get a better sense of the fragrance than from just a few posts here. Quite frankly, we've discussed Erolfa and NS so many times, I imagine many of us are talked-out about it.
    thank , i have seen all the reviews
    which one of ns & erolfa can get more compliments? which one is more quality scent? also don't like to go whith an old fashioned cologne(even like 1990 frags) .. im lookinig for the niches that receive much compliments and are very nice .
    Last edited by farshad; 28th January 2007 at 05:36 PM.

im looking for another great and lovely niche frag after ft and bde samples , how about dzongkha from l'artisan?(is it suitable for men quite?) or neroli sauvage and erolfa from creed?
    It would help immensely if you would tell us what general scent type or category you are most interested in (e.g., incense, fresh, fruity, herbal, etc.), or for what purpose you are looking for your new niche scent to fulfill (office, clubbing, casual, etc.). Indeed, information on both of these points would be most helpful.

Without one or both of these pieces of information I cannot make a truly informed recommendation.
    Last edited by wicozani; 28th January 2007 at 06:09 PM.

Personally, I think Neroli Savage gets tons of compliments. I own several L'artisan fragrances and so far...NO compliments. Whenever I wear NS, there is bound to be someone that will ask me what I am wearing. It's also on Ebay for about $45 US from creedirect. As far as longevity, NS and most L'artisans are about the same.

I read that you are in Iran and Ebay might be out of the question...I don't know. Where do you live in Iran? I spent a couple of years in Tehran back when I was in school.

Good luck with your search.

Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani
    It would help immensely if you would tell us what general scent type or category you are most interested in (e.g., incense, fresh, fruity, herbal, etc.), or for what purpose you are looking for your new niche scent to fulfill (office, clubbing, casual, etc.). Indeed, information on both of these points would be most helpful.
    thank for the guide ,
    im not so interested to only 1 or 2 types of frags .. just want something not dated ,not cheap smelling and to receive lots of compliments .

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Personally, I think Neroli Savage gets tons of compliments. I own several L'artisan fragrances and so far...NO compliments. Whenever I wear NS, there is bound to be someone that will ask me what I am wearing. It's also on Ebay for about $45 US from creedirect. As far as longevity, NS and most L'artisans are about the same.

I read that you are in Iran and Ebay might be out of the question...I don't know. Where do you live in Iran? I spent a couple of years in Tehran back when I was in school. Kelley
    thank dear , im living in tehran
    can i get much compliments for NS surely? isn't it dated fragrance?

Farshad,

Maybe something is being lost in translation, but what Wicozani means is that with niche fragrances, there's almost NO way to generalize and make recommendations without knowing you. Even when you say you "just want something not dated ,not cheap smelling and to receive lots of compliments" it's REALLY hard to do that with niche.

For example, niche scents that smell GREAT on me may not work on you, with your chemistry, or in your climate. Likewise, something that might be GREAT on you, may not work on me. For example, when I visit my sister in Arizona (a hot, dry climate), certain fragrances smell MUCH better than when I'm in Japan (a VERY humid climate).

So, in general, Neroli Sauvage is not a dated scent and is one that works quite nicely. But, who knows if it might smell dated on you or not? At the end of the day, you're just going to have to get a bunch of samples and try them. That's really the ONLY way you can tell what's going to work for you.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

L'Artisan is the best niche house, in my opinion. All their creations are unique and original, but they don't make you smell completely strange. The only downside is that many of these scents often lack a good longevity. I like that though because it wears close to the skin. There are some really good fragrances from this house including: Tea for Two, Ambre Extreme, Dzing!, Voleur de Roses, Mechant Loup, etc.

Creeds are less "niche" to me but if I were you then I would deffinately go with something like Neroli Sauvage. I just got myself a bottle and it's fantastic! Citrusy and crisp. Some other's from Creed to look at are: Bois du Portugal, Santal Imperial, Original Santal, Original Vetiver, and Acier Aluminum. Those are among my favorite from the Creed House.

Some random niche scents worth trying: Santal Noble by SMN and Chergui by Serge Lutens. They are rich, warm scents for this cooler time of the year.

Thumbs up Re: I want another great niche!

Hi Farshad,
    I can report you mine of experience with l'Artisan.
    I have listened and follows here the opinion of the "great" supporters on basenotes and that is to know and to appreciate needs to try.
    Then for l'Artisan little by little I have purchased about twelve samples and decant of the house and I have made a will them everybody.
    I must sincerely tell you that to the beginning at least to try so complex essences she has not been me easy but at the end I have individualized indeed 3 of it or 4 that i liked they.

Of these at least two they are absolutely for me extraordinary:
    Tea for Two and Passage d'Enfer.

But you must try, to reflect a pň to suspend for a few times and then to retry again. Will see that at the end will surely find at least a perfume of your pleasure and without spending a fortune! Make us know.

Hi, mr.setter
    http://basenotes.net/wardrobe/8905

"Il profumo dei fiori non puo' andare controvento, ma il profumo delle buone azioni compiute da uomini virtuosi si effonde in tutte le direzioni."[Dhammapada]

i probably will go for these samples tomorrow: Dzongkha , Neroli Sauvage , chergui .
    but i have a question about chergui , how about its femininity? may it be more feminine for my friends that smell it?
    Last edited by farshad; 30th January 2007 at 08:23 AM.

Smile Re: I want another great niche!

hi farshad
    it is nice to find someone from iran on basenotes .
    i am interested in kniwing where did you find these niche frags in iran because i am seaching for them too.
    i personaly like all creed and lartizan frags.
    yours
    emad

Quote Originally Posted by emad
    hi farshad
    it is nice to find someone from iran on basenotes .
    i am interested in kniwing where did you find these niche frags in iran because i am seaching for them too.
    i personaly like all creed and lartizan frags.
    yours
    emad
    hi dear emad , are u in iran?!
    the niche frags don't exist in iran unfortunately! found them in basenotes and becomed a fan of this market . my thought changed and my next purchase probably is the below samples:
    voleur de roses
    neroli sauvage
    chergui(maybe not because of the descriptions of its femininity)

Smile Re: I want another great niche!

hi farshad
    yes i live in tehran and am a fragrance fan or let me say it in this way i think i am fragrance addict therefore i almost visit most of fragrance places . creed fragrance were available in tehran about two years ago i bought GIT SMW TABAROME and Millésime Impérial l but they were cut due to sanctions agaist iran. they are going to be available near norouz in a couple of fragrance shops not more and creed still didn't deside on the shops it wants the shop to be very elegant. if you are interested i will tell you when they are available but where did you find
    voleur de roses
    neroli sauvage
    chergui
    i am interested in them too. did you find l'artizan any where.
    Last edited by emad; 31st January 2007 at 12:34 PM.

I recommend you to test the following:

Erolfa (Creed)
    Green Valley (Creed)
    Isfarkand (Ormonde Jayne)
    Castile (Penhaligon's)
    Eva (Santa Maria Novella)

All of them will get you plenty of compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by emad
    hi farshad
    yes i live in tehran and am a fragrance fan or let me say it in this way i think i am fragrance addict therefore i almost visit most of fragrance places . creed fragrance were available in tehran about two years ago i bought GIT SMW TABAROME and Millésime Impérial l but they were cut due to sanctions agaist iran. they are going to be available near norouz in a couple of fragrance shops not more and creed still didn't deside on the shops it wants the shop to be very elegant. if you are interested i will tell you when they are available but where did you find
    voleur de roses
    neroli sauvage
    chergui
    i am interested in them too. did you find l'artizan any where.
    wow! its unbelievable and enjoyable to see a member from iran and tehran! i live in tehran too , so happy . but where & when can i find creed frags in tehran?
    didn't find any of l'artisan , serge lutens and other niches in tehran .. sorry
    Last edited by farshad; 31st January 2007 at 06:48 PM.