Code of Conduct

Default Help! I need to find something for 2/14!

Sooooo, it's our first valentine's day and my gf likes the Escada fruity things, and Be Delicious. Now, I don't hate these things, but they're way too sweet - they make me forget she's a woman, not a girl.

I need to find something fruity on the top but also "darker." Something like Light Blue, but a little little more woman-like, not teenager-like.

Thanks a ton

Default Re: Help! I need to find something for 2/14!

Tom Ford Black Orchid! It's dark, fruity and a real stand-out for me; I'm buying a bottle this month.

The opening is a little curious; there's truffle in there. (I love this truffle note; others disagree!) That said, the top notes vanish and leave you with a wonderful tropical fruit heart layered over an earthy, woody (patchouli, but not hippie-ish) base.

The bottle's beautiful as well, if she's into bottles.

Take a sniff at Miss Dior Chérie if you get a chance! I also like Sentiment by Escada, Burberry Tender Touch and Euphoria (Calvin Klein).
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Blog Entries

She is lucky to have such a generous boyfriend - even if your motives are a little selfish!

As recommended countless times: why not go sniffing yourself and make her up a small bundle of hand picked samples for her to try, along with the promise of a full bottle of the one she loves? Or may be take her out on a romantic mini sniffa and choose one together? This is the stuff romances are made of...

My recommendations are:

Givenchy Very Irresistible
    Naomi Campbell Exult
    Jean Patou ENJoy
    Jean Patou Sira des Indes
    Jean Patou Patou For Ever
    Chopard Mira Bai
    Calvin Klein Obsession Night
    Cartier Delices
    The Body Shop Neroli Jasmine
    Guerlain Shalimar Light
    Guerlain Colours of Love
    Guerlain Love Is All
    Borghese Il Bacio
    Laura Biagiotti Laura
    Liz Claiborne Curve Blush
    Yves Rocher Ode a L'Amour
    Viktor & Ralf Flowerbomb
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
    Ava Luxe Forbidden Fruits
    Ava Luxe Love's Truish Blue Light
    Fendi for women (2004 version)

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Red face Re: Help! I need to find something for 2/14!

Quote Originally Posted by rksp25
    Sooooo, it's our first valentine's day and my gf likes the Escada fruity things, and Be Delicious. Now, I don't hate these things, but they're way too sweet - they make me forget she's a woman, not a girl.

I need to find something fruity on the top but also "darker." Something like Light Blue, but a little little more woman-like, not teenager-like.

Thanks a ton
    RKSP--

Have I got the thing for you. I also like the Escadas and Be Delicious, but only for lighter fare. Have you tried Gucci Eau de Parfum II? Little square bottle, pink liquid... berries, mandarin, and cedarwood, Oh, My!

Here's a description:

"Gucci Eau de Parfum II is a companion to the original Eau de Parfum, Eau de Parfum II is a soft, fruity floral that sparkles with notes of mandarin, blackcurrant, violet, and blackberry, smoothed with jasmine, heliotrope, and cedarwood. Playful, yet elegant. Notes include Mandarin, Bitter Orange, Blackcurrant, Violet, Blackberry, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Cedarwood."

Otherwise, you might try the Aqua Allegorias by Guerlain. You can find them at Sephora stores. They have grapefruit (Pamplelune), lemon, kiwi... but they're more sophisticated than the Escadas.

Have a fun search!

Really good suggestions so far! I do want to secound Miss Dior Chérie and Gucci EdP II, both are fruity and are a little more "substansed" compared to Escada and Be Delicious.

Good luck, and let us know what your choise will be!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I wonder whether Miss Dior Cherie might be a bit too sweet (in the way the Escada fruity things are) for your taste? The dominant fruit note in it is strawberry, and I find it reminds me of boiled sweets and penny chews - which might just be going in the direction you said you were trying to avoid.

Hi there. I actually think Chanel Chance is fruity and sweet, but not overly so. Also Chanel Mlle is sweet but there's patchouli in it to make it darker. I would suggest you go on sniff some fragrances then follow your nose when it comes to choosing.

Some other suggestions for a "grown-up" sweet scent:
    Hypnotic Poison
    Burburry London
    Boudoir
    Serge Lutens Douce Amere
    Lolita Lempicka L
    Angel Innocent
    Guerlain L'Instant
    Dior Addict / Addict eau Fraiche
    Lou Lou
    Euphoria
    Flowerbomb
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Bvlgari Black

just to see her reaction
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Musc Ravageur...one of the sexiest and most romantic fragrances I can think of. Plus, you could both wear it!

I second Dior's Cherie. I own this, it is not too sweet and smells like strawberry sorbert.

I have also smelled Kenzo Amour on paper, it is quite nice and it reminds me of Chinatown by Bond No. 9. Hmm... I heard that cherry blossom, rice steam, white tea, frangipani, heliotrope, thanaka wood, incense, vanilla and musk are in the bottle.

Fleurs d 'Oranger (Lutens) the most beautiful fruity floral!

it 's super super sexy but for a woman not girly at all, stunning quality floral combination (jasmine, tuberose, orange blossom, white rose, orange peel, hibiscus seeds), something very special too for a valentine.