Code of Conduct

Default Polo Double Black and Armani Black Code...modern scents done right

These scents both strike me as "modern" scents. They have a very contemporary feel. Nothing heavy-handed about either, and they work well at the office or at "play". True, you may have to apply 8-10 shots plus deodorant to achieve the desired effects, but you also won't offend anyone in your radius. If you did the same with Polo Green or Acqua di Gio, I believe you would "clear" the room.

I think these "black" scents are very well-executed. They're also kind of "idiot-proof" which is a definite plus. Another plus is that I think they're both year 'round scents. Wear 'em in July, wear 'em in February.

If I were a young professional guy just starting out, these would be solid investments. Two good center-pieces to build off of.

Default Re: Polo Double Black and Armani Black Code...modern scents done right

I like that idea. It's quite true. I don't like regular Polo Black but I've recently smelled Double Black and liked it quite a bit more. Black Code is a fantastic scent that will stick around for years. They are great for the base of a wardrobe.

Good observations, Chuck. They remind me that I've thoguht the same thing about Armani Mania. I love its saffron note, but it's a similar idiot-proof concept, I think, and works all year in no matter the setting.

In several ways I think it's good perfumers and perfume companies think in this way--making scents to be signatures that are ever present for their users, except when they have no longevity.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

You're totally right about Mania. Very much the same type of scent. Smells great and no matter how heavy you apply, you will not offend anyone. I wore Mania for one of the biggest job interviews I ever had...and I can't wear it now because the memory association makes me nervous when I smell it!!

And yes, I got the job.

I agree! Not offensive but still pleasing. I do have to disagree with Aqua di Gio. It's one of the most unoffesnive scents out there, I don't see how it could clear out a room, unless that room was full of Basenoters!
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Totally agree about Black Code. Hey, did anyone notice they're now referring to it as simply "Code"? I got confused and so I checked the bottle I have at home. It still said "Black Code" but the ones in the store now say "Code." I guess that's one way to tell whether you're buying a fresh bottle!

I bought the deodorant about 2 months ago at Macy's and it still says "Black Code" on the deo stick.

I guess they're moving the old stock.

I agree......We also know that the masses will not buy into many of the Niche scents....It's not going to happen. These are Very Nice fragrances when compared to the main stream scents that come at us in large numbers. I do have and Love both....Armani Code Pour Homme is the Better and I feel that both are Modern Classics.
    These are 2 that I will never be without....that's for sure.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303
    I agree......We also know that the masses will not buy into many of the Niche scents....It's not going to happen. These are Very Nice fragrances when compared to the main stream scents that come at us in large numbers. I do have and Love both....Armani Code Pour Homme is the Better and I feel that both are Modern Classics.
    These are 2 that I will never be without....that's for sure.
    Gary
    Though I don't have them -actually I own very few scents- I keep them in high regard, especially Armani Code, I previously mentioned it in this forum.