Code of Conduct

Default ? re: Lapidus Pour Homme

I'm considering ordering this blind because I've seen it compared to Balenciaga PH, my current favorite and unfortunately discontinued fragrance. I was just wondering how similar the 2 are. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Thrax

Default Re: ? re: Lapidus Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by DJB
    I'm considering ordering this blind because I've seen it compared to Balenciaga PH, my current favorite and unfortunately discontinued fragrance. I was just wondering how similar the 2 are. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.
    Balenciaga Pour Homme= Ted Lapidus + Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    Balenciaga Pour Homme= Ted Lapidus + Kouros
    pretty much sums it up!

I got to try Lapidus today. It's OK I guess, but nothing great, and very synthetic smelling. It doesn't even come close to the beauty that is Balenciaga PH.

I went through many bottles of Kouros back in the 80's, and it was my sig for a while. I smelled it today again after all these years and it was not at ALL as I remembered it. Funny how our perception of scent can change over time.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois