Code of Conduct

Default Just got Imperial Millesime

Never have I thought that I'd have a chance to try Creed here in Thailand, but then, one web site had a sample, a small vial of 2 ml juice. It tempted me as this scent has been discussed a lot here. It costs about US$3.5 and I didn't hesitate to buy it right away. It arrived this morning and I just applied it on my wrist.

Silence....oh, I don't know why I feel this but I think I have smelled something similar to this one. What is it? I have been thinking and couldn't yet find out. Anybody know? Does Pleasure by Estee Lauder has a slight similarity to this?

God.......I think I am in love with it. Is it Eau de Tolliet or parfum base? It seems to be quite strong.

And, is US$166 worth the 4 oz bottle? This seller said he could get it for me for this price.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Thrax

Default Re: Just got Imperial Millesime

I got my 4.0 bottle from another basenoter for $50. It was 90% full with box and cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    I got my 4.0 bottle from another basenoter for $50. It was 90% full with box and cap.
    Howcome i dont bump into such basenoters !!!!!!!!!!
    Or why don't they bump into me!!!!!

gupts

I would be wary of individuals (besides Basenoters) who can get Creed for real cheap. Major stores like scentiments can get you a 4 oz Creed for about $100 or less. If you can wait, Creeddirect on ebay has AWESOME deals, but different stock at different times. Scentiments doesn't have the 4oz in right now, but they have the 2.5oz. I would recommend waiting until they get the 4oz in, because it's $5 more than the 2.5oz, both new in box. Patience is a virtue.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    God.......I think I am in love with it. Is it Eau de Tolliet or parfum base? It seems to be quite strong.

And, is US$166 worth the 4 oz bottle? This seller said he could get it for me for this price.
    Hey KiatBKK,

The Creed Millesime's are touted to be EDP strength.

My advice to you would be to be patient, and keep an eye on the sale/swap boards here on BN. I have also had good luck with MI on Ebay. Can you access Ebay in Thailand?

Anyway, I don't think anyone would fault you for wanting it sooner rather than later. It is, IMHO, a great frag!

Have you tried Unforgivable? Very similar to Millesime Imperial.

My experience with Creed fragrances is that they project extremely well for the first hour or two and decrease steadily after that. I find the same to be true of Millesime Imperial. After about 4 hours it's very close to the skin. It still lasts very well on me, it just doesn't project for as long as I like.
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem \ Christian Dior Dior Homme \ Creed Himalaya \ Creed Millesime Imperial \ Hermes Terre d'Hermes \ L'Artisan Dzing!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwalkoski
    Have you tried Unforgivable? Very similar to Millesime Imperial.
    Yeah, Unforgivable released by Sean John has been noted to smell a lot like MI. MI is one of Diddy's favorite fragrances, so I can see why he wanted his cologne to smell like it.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Thank you for all the comments. I don't rush in getting it as it seems to be too expensive. I'd be happy to pay about US$100.

It's been 11 hours now since I applied it on my wrist and I still can smell it. Wonderful smell really.

Okay, here's the question for Aussies or those who have been there. Can I get Unforgivable from Australia? And where to shop for the best price? My friend is coming back in March and he can get it for me. I don't see it in stores here.

Forgot to answer one question about Ebay. Yes, we have an access here, but I wouldn't deal with anyone out of Thailand as there might be a problem with the delivery and the duty tax. Also about the payment.
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 2nd February 2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

MI was my SOTD yesterday. It lasted long enough on me: about 6 hours although I could still smell it wafting up from time to time. That's four stars longevity in my book. I also like the smell itself, very lively and "green." I don't know if I'm comfortable paying that much for it, but I've done crazier things.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    Okay, here's the question for Aussies or those who have been there. Can I get Unforgivable from Australia? And where to shop for the best price?
    Hello,

Yes. Unforgivable is pretty easy to find here.
    Tell your friend to go to a large department store like Myer.
    Alternatively, it is also available from "The Perfume Connection" (I have no affiliation with them - but have bought fragrances from them).
    They are a reputable company with stores in many locations.
    Check out their webstore: www.perfumeconnection.com.au.
    Frankly, I do not know who has the best price.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by musky_monkey
    Hello,

Yes. Unforgivable is pretty easy to find here.
    Tell your friend to go to a large department store like Myer.
    Alternatively, it is also available from "The Perfume Connection" (I have no affiliation with them - but have bought fragrances from them).
    They are a reputable company with stores in many locations.
    Check out their webstore: www.perfumeconnection.com.au.
    Frankly, I do not know who has the best price.

Good luck.
    It's very rare that Myers or David Jones are cheaper than Perfume Connection. I only noticed Unforgiveable at Perfume Connection last week. Which means that in a month or so, it might show up cheaper at local web sites.

That said, I can't say that Unforgiveable instantly reminded me of MI.

Also, when I did test it, MI disappeared after only a few hours on my wrist, whereas GIT, SMW and Erolfa had a lot more lasting power.
    Renato

Ahh so I see you live in Thialand? I was there on vacation a month ago and I loved it!! It's so beautiful there and so many things to do! And it also doesn't hurt a 2 hour full body massage is only $7!

Anyways, when I was in Thailand I didn't find ANY fragrances besides in the airport!! I found plenty of fake CK and Polo fragrances in those supermarkets that have MK restuarants and stuff. And even the airports don't carry creed and I'm pretty sure I didn't find Unforgivable. I would just try to purchase online at www.scentiments.com for the MI.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Hi thisbekevinn, yes, right, there're many fake fragrances here, mostly from Singapore and Hong Kong. We don't have Creed here, and if there were, it would have been very expensive. Scentiments offer very good prices. If I lived in the U.S. I might purchase 10 scents each month!

The shopping mall you went to should be MBK, near Siam Square. If so that is No. 1 shopping mall in Thailand as the prices are not fixed, you can bargain and shop till you drop.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

scentiments is evil.....

....in a good way !
    -

Scentiments does not do international orders. It can be really difficult finding fragrance discounters that do international shipping. Even to Canada!