Code of Conduct

Default best alternative of creed's fleur.......

i am trying to find the best alternative(which might be better also)but please based on the formula of creed fleur de the rose bulgare...i find the creed one to be a little bit more heavy than the one i want...the one i want is not on my imagination..i have smelled it once......but did not ask..it is like the fleur de the rose bulgare but a bit more <<church>> in the smell and with peper maybe ,maybe a bit more spicy also......it seems simple and complex at the same time....what comes in your mind?

now before you help me let me tell you that i have tested 1)serge lutens se majeste la rose 2)frederick malle une rose 3)annick goutal rose absolue 4)penhaligons elisabethan rose 5)lorenzo villoresi donna and some other and none of all these reached the smell of the fleur de the rose bulgare

any suggestions?

Blog Entries

Default Re: best alternative of creed's fleur.......

Quote Originally Posted by antonio_montana19
    i am trying to find the best alternative(which might be better also)but please based on the formula of creed fleur de the rose bulgare...i find the creed one to be a little bit more heavy than the one i want...the one i want is not on my imagination..i have smelled it once......but did not ask..it is like the fleur de the rose bulgare but a bit more <<church>> in the smell and with peper maybe ,maybe a bit more spicy also......it seems simple and complex at the same time....what comes in your mind?

now before you help me let me tell you that i have tested 1)serge lutens se majeste la rose 2)frederick malle une rose 3)annick goutal rose absolue 4)penhaligons elisabethan rose 5)lorenzo villoresi donna and some other and none of all these reached the smell of the fleur de the rose bulgare
    any suggestions?
    I have heard it reputed that Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose is similar (in fact better) than Creed FdtRB. It may be too strong for you though.

I haven't tried it personally so cannot give you a direct, informed alternative but you chould checkout the following:

Ava Luxe Incense Rose - A deep smoky rose fragrance with a dry aloeswood (oude) base.
    Ava Luxe Queen Bess - A spicy rose fragrance inspired by Queen Elizabeth I (bess)- one of England's most beloved monarchs. Queen Elizabeth I was lovingly known as "The Red Rose of the House of Tudor".
    The fragrance starts out with very spicy notes of cinnamon, clove, cardamom, saffron, and carnation. The honeyed rose heart notes consist of English tea rose, Bulgarian rose, Turkish and Moroccan rose absolutes. The woody/earthy base consists of sandalwood, patchouli, ambergris, cedar and amber.
    Ava Luxe Roses - A harmonious, graceful bouquet of roses from around the world. Bergamot , Sicilian lemon, and green grass provide an opening burst of freshness. The dominant heart note is Russian rose absolute which is sweet and fresh with subtle spiciness. The heart notes are Bulgarian rose damascena, rose maroc, rose otto, Turkish rose, rose de mai, and tea rose. Honey, amber, incense, sandalwood and mossy base notes offer an air of sophistication and elegance.
    Ava Luxe Rasa - A sexy and slightly provocative blend of musks infused with spicy red rose. A very womanly fragrance. (actually I think this could also be worn well by a confident male).

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Oh, had I known it was FDTRB that you have tried, I would have told you there is nothing like it, really.
    It's exceptionally true to the scent of real roses.
    Myself I am not a rose fan, yet have a decant because I like to smell the real essence from time to time to remind me how perfumes are usually completely artificial (not this one!).

I am betting that since you smelled it on someone and most people are not that into perfume (at least not niche brands), it would most probably be something quite mainstream bought at a department store or duty-free.
    And if I am right about the chronology, it could be Paris by YSL most likely...Or even Nahema by Guerlain (second choice)
    If you give us some pointers on how the person who wore the elusive perfume was (personality, style, age etc) it might help.

no...no...no...

this person is a lady around 60 years old that is way ahead of the 99%of people

she has studied in france sorbonne university and she is the kind of person with no financial need.....her style is also unique...the best french designers would envy her(i bet)

the fragrance believe me is way better than the creed fleur de the rose bulgare....it is more sweet..it is rose+spicy churchy thing......it is more complex and more clean....and it becomes your identity at once........

it must be from a french perfume house........it seems to be sophisticated......it seems to be one of those old perfumes that noone pays attention to make anymore.........

which french perfume houses still make these kind of perfumes?

could it be caron?is caron one of these?could it be perfume sacre?i have not smelled it but i have heard many good words about it ....

i have also thought the possibility for this person to know maybe a lady from france that makes her perfumes and gives it to limited quantity...could that happen or the most possible is that it is on my imagination and this thing even a king would not ask for?that this demand is out of our world totally?

Hello, Antonio!
    Your description of roses and churches made me think of the house of Caron, particularly Nuit de Noel, which is all roses, and incense, and reminds me of midnight mass at Christmas. Parfum Sacre may also be another good choice. For me, Or et Noir is rich roses, with a bit of lemon-I don't think I smell incense in it, though. I do find them all rich and complex, but not heavy in the least.

If your friend is so sophisticated, I think it's entirely within the realm of possibility that it is made for her: however my experience leads me to believe it is probably more mainstream than that. Very few people would commission a scent for themselves. Do you have access to testers of Caron? Hope you let us know your findings!

sincerely,

Carole

It sounds like Miriam Mirani Aqaba (http://www.mirani.com/aqaba.html) or Regina Harris Rose Maroc (http://www.reginaharris.com/fragranceframe.html).

Or maybe L'Artisan Voleur de Roses? This is similar to Cabaret, but heavier on the patchouli.
    Maybe 10 Corso Como?
    People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo?

Maybe you mean Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie? It has Bulgarian rose, amber, and musk.(Fleurs de The Rose Bulgare has rose, green tea, lemon, bergamot, and mandarin. Creed also has Fantasia de Fleurs which is rose, iris, and amber.)

Bvlgari Rose Essentielle has a "pure" rose note, like FdTRB, but it doesn' have spice or pepper (neither does TdTRB to my nose). Caron Rose is lovely, but not spicy or incensy.

Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose is very, very strong and, to me, isn't at all like FdTRB. Tea Rose is quite distinctive, and it matches your decription but it doesn't sound like your friend is one to wear $10.00 TJ Maxx fragrances.

i was impressed by rose poivree by the different company. I'm a guy and I was searching for a rose scent myself awhile back and thought this would smell really good on a woman. No spice or incence if i remember right though. I know comparatively very little about rose smells, have nothing else to say. Your definitely not thinking Voluer de roses, i'm sure of that.

Red face Re: best alternative of creed's fleur.......

If you're looking for something more mainstream that you might have smelled out an about in public, a very fresh rose is the Bulgarian Rose by the Fresh Index. The last time I saw it was at C.O. Bigelow. It may be, again, a bit mainstream for your tastes, but it's not as strong as some of the others, like The Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose... which is strong, highly offensive, and in my opinion is not like a Bulgarian rose at all.

As far as recommendations, I second L'Artisan Voleur de Roses and Bvlgari's Rose Essentielle.

I hope you find what you're looking for!