Code of Conduct

Default More on Thierry Mugler's ICE*Men.

From CosmeticsNews and NowSmellThis:
    • Perfumer is Jacques Huclier
    • Modeled by Greg Plitt
    • Based on a "fresh patchouli accord"
    • Bottle (designed by Jean Jacques Urcun) is same as 2006's Angel Men Summer Flash
    • Launches worldwide in April (except in US, where it will launch in September)
    Also, a new women's fragrance (Eau de Star) will be introduced at the same time... more information is on the ladies board.
    Loyal Basenoter since 2004. And getting ready for the next big step in my longtime hobby: bringing niche to my neck of the woods... Xscentrik is coming soon.

Follow our progress on Basenotes and here: Facebook Twitter

Default Re: More on Thierry Mugler's ICE*Men.

Since I seem to like Patchouli, I'll have to check this out!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

So that's the name they decided on? I look forward to this one, its too bad they have to not release it in the US at the same time as everywhere else.

Basenotes Plus

As it's Mugler i will have to have it
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thanks for the info!

That sounds very good to me, since I LOVE patchouli! Can't wait until April!

-T-

Basenotes Institution

Wink Re: More on Thierry Mugler's ICE*Men.

1. Dont' LOVE A*men - I fell out of love a year or so ago
    2. Still intrigued by the "iced coffee" notes mentioned in the WWD article...so I will definitely TRY it
    3. Somehow I'm thinking "superhero"...you know the Ice Man that was part of Spider Man & his Amazing Friends cartoon I used to watch when I was little...and somehow superheroe's and high end fragrances just feels comical and a little silly
    4. VERY intrigued by the face of Ice*men - Greg Plitt...he's really um...stimulating. Did you see his biceps in the ad...jeez!

I will have to check this out for sure.
    Gary

Don't you think that D*Men would have been a better name for the new men's fragrance? It would have been a nice play on the 'Angel' theme.

To me, ICE*Men sounds like one of those 'ice' beers (you know... Fosters Ice, Bud Ice, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23
    1. Dont' LOVE A*men - I fell out of love a year or so ago
    2. Still intrigued by the "iced coffee" notes mentioned in the WWD article...so I will definitely TRY it
    3. Somehow I'm thinking "superhero"...you know the Ice Man that was part of Spider Man & his Amazing Friends cartoon I used to watch when I was little...and somehow superheroe's and high end fragrances just feels comical and a little silly
    4. VERY intrigued by the face of Ice*men - Greg Plitt...he's really um...stimulating. Did you see his biceps in the ad...jeez!

I think Greg Plitt is the perfect fit for the Mugler men's fragrance range. He has that comic book hero look (almost like a superman) - I believe this was the whole theme Theirry based Angel Men on.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    I think Greg Plitt is the perfect fit for the Mugler men's fragrance range. He has that comic book hero look (almost like a superman) - I believe this was the whole theme Theirry based Angel Men on.
    I dont get it .. the " *Men " series of Mugler scents are fun, comic-book inspired fragrances. Rather than copy CK, et al and use serious-looking dreamy models or athletes to market them, why not use snazzy and cool comic sketches or drawings instead ? I see a marketing disconnect here.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I dont get it .. the " *Men " series of Mugler scents are fun, comic-book inspired fragrances. Rather than copy CK, et al and use serious-looking dreamy models or athletes to market them, why not use snazzy and cool comic sketches or drawings instead ? I see a marketing disconnect here.
    I know in the case of ICE*Men it would probably end in a quick cease and desist from Marvel Comics. At least to me, that seems a little too close to ice-Man from X-men.