Code of Conduct

Default More on Thierry Mugler's ICE*Men.

From CosmeticsNews and NowSmellThis:
    • Perfumer is Jacques Huclier
    • Modeled by Greg Plitt
    • Based on a "fresh patchouli accord"
    • Bottle (designed by Jean Jacques Urcun) is same as 2006's Angel Men Summer Flash
    • Launches worldwide in April (except in US, where it will launch in September)
    Also, a new women's fragrance (Eau de Star) will be introduced at the same time... more information is on the ladies board.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: More on Thierry Mugler's ICE*Men.

Since I seem to like Patchouli, I'll have to check this out!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

So that's the name they decided on? I look forward to this one, its too bad they have to not release it in the US at the same time as everywhere else.

Basenotes Plus

As it's Mugler i will have to have it
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thanks for the info!

That sounds very good to me, since I LOVE patchouli! Can't wait until April!

-T-

Basenotes Institution

Wink Re: More on Thierry Mugler's ICE*Men.

1. Dont' LOVE A*men - I fell out of love a year or so ago
    2. Still intrigued by the "iced coffee" notes mentioned in the WWD article...so I will definitely TRY it
    3. Somehow I'm thinking "superhero"...you know the Ice Man that was part of Spider Man & his Amazing Friends cartoon I used to watch when I was little...and somehow superheroe's and high end fragrances just feels comical and a little silly
    4. VERY intrigued by the face of Ice*men - Greg Plitt...he's really um...stimulating. Did you see his biceps in the ad...jeez!

I will have to check this out for sure.
    Gary

Don't you think that D*Men would have been a better name for the new men's fragrance? It would have been a nice play on the 'Angel' theme.

To me, ICE*Men sounds like one of those 'ice' beers (you know... Fosters Ice, Bud Ice, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23
    1. Dont' LOVE A*men - I fell out of love a year or so ago
    2. Still intrigued by the "iced coffee" notes mentioned in the WWD article...so I will definitely TRY it
    3. Somehow I'm thinking "superhero"...you know the Ice Man that was part of Spider Man & his Amazing Friends cartoon I used to watch when I was little...and somehow superheroe's and high end fragrances just feels comical and a little silly
    4. VERY intrigued by the face of Ice*men - Greg Plitt...he's really um...stimulating. Did you see his biceps in the ad...jeez!

I think Greg Plitt is the perfect fit for the Mugler men's fragrance range. He has that comic book hero look (almost like a superman) - I believe this was the whole theme Theirry based Angel Men on.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    I think Greg Plitt is the perfect fit for the Mugler men's fragrance range. He has that comic book hero look (almost like a superman) - I believe this was the whole theme Theirry based Angel Men on.
    I dont get it .. the " *Men " series of Mugler scents are fun, comic-book inspired fragrances. Rather than copy CK, et al and use serious-looking dreamy models or athletes to market them, why not use snazzy and cool comic sketches or drawings instead ? I see a marketing disconnect here.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I dont get it .. the " *Men " series of Mugler scents are fun, comic-book inspired fragrances. Rather than copy CK, et al and use serious-looking dreamy models or athletes to market them, why not use snazzy and cool comic sketches or drawings instead ? I see a marketing disconnect here.
    I know in the case of ICE*Men it would probably end in a quick cease and desist from Marvel Comics. At least to me, that seems a little too close to ice-Man from X-men.