Code of Conduct

Thread: Leonard PH

Default Leonard PH

Lately, almost everything I try and am blown away by is DISCONTINUED : (
    Thankfully, I know where to get a few bottles of it...

Leonard PH is some pretty amazing stuff, with an herbal citrus opening, spicy floral middle, and leathery base. Has anyone else tried this?
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Default Re: Leonard PH

It's excellent.
    Last edited by pluran; 13th March 2012 at 03:28 AM.

Smile Re: Leonard PH

I have tried it from a mini. It was ok but there are so many other discontinued frags I like better. I guess that is why this hobby is great. Everyone likes something different. I have heard others on this board say that Leonard is similar to Van cleef and Arpels. I have not compared the two myself.

Rick
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Last edited by pluran; 13th March 2012 at 03:29 AM.
    It's not getting what you want -- it's wanting what you've got.

I have Leonard, Trussardi, and VC & A's (vintage), and it's true that they're all similar in nature with a tad overlap, yet they all have their distinct personalities. I would use them all for the same situation, and my favorite amongst them is always changing. Love the burning incense smell in the Leonard, though!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy
    I have Leonard, Trussardi, and VC & A's (vintage)
    There's a newer version of VC&A?
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

I love LPH. I bought a huge bottle on ebay cheaply. It's old school classy but not dated.

My only complaint: short-lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelwithoutaclue
    I love LPH. I bought a huge bottle on ebay cheaply. It's old school classy but not dated.

My only complaint: short-lived.
    It lasted about 6 hours on me.

This is one of my fevorites. It's a rich, mysterious, and melancholic scent. Too bad it's discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    It's similar to Van Cleef & Arpels and Trussardi Uomo with strong affiliations to Givenchy Gentleman as well, although it's much better than that one IMO. Of these four, I prefer Van Cleef & Arpels and Léonard Pour Homme. Léonard is the most unique IMO. Deep, rich and mossy, the smell of October with burning leaves in the wind.
    WOW!!! what a beautiful, beautiful description......

Basenotes Institution

I am this close to buying this blind - is it a 'safe' blind buy for me guys (I ask those of you who know my tastes/reactions/fav notes/etc)?

Dependent

is the Leonard PH edp 1oz worth $100.00 in the marketplace?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    is the Leonard PH edp 1oz worth $100.00 in the marketplace?
    There's an EDP of Leonard Pour Homme?? I thought there was only one concentration.

I've been singing its praises for years. Truly one of the smokiest frags I've ever come across, and yet (oddly) somewhat soapy at the same time. Lovely autumn/winter frag.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    There's an EDP of Leonard Pour Homme?? I thought there was only one concentration.
    Sorry Mike, I made a mistake. I have my eye on both a bottle of Leonard pour homme and Versaille ph edp. Got confused, normal state of affairs.

Basenotes Institution

OK so markc was extremely generous and sent me some Leonard Pour Homme to play around with - before I blind bought it.

I have only given it one full wearing, so I'm not ready to write up a mini review of it yet - but: I got a blast of aldehydes from this fragrance from the top all the way through the drydown. I looked for the soap, the burning leaves, the notes that everyone's mentioned in this thread. However, it seemed as if those notes were playing in the background, behind the wall of aldehydes, bright as stainless steel to my nose, almost like the olfactory equivalent of flourescent lighting.

Could it be the climate here in Miami that's playing with this? Maybe I over applied?

This is also one of my favorites. It has bergamot, cedar, tobacco, leather, and ambergris. It is very smokey. Definitely one of the discontinued classic gems. I recommend a light application (althought I myself find it hard to resist!). It's perfect for fall and winter weather. I would put it in the same category as the others mentioned as well as Chanel Antaeus. True, however, all have their distinct personalities.
    Recently, I tested Narciso Rodriguez For Him and it also reminded me of this group of fragrances. I'm considering purchasing it for that reason.
    ***I also think Leonard PH is one of the (if not THE) saddest and most melancholic scents I've ever smelled. I wonder what other members think of this aspect it (perhaps worth a separate thread?).***
    RM