Code of Conduct

Question would i like 'original santal' ?

i like to much 'joop! jump'(is the best perfume for me right now) but i want to find another perfume to like it more than joop jump! . so i think without smell it 'original santal' maybe more nice than joop jump .i cant find in store to has original santal to smell it and the shipping cost for 3ml bottle is to mush for me.
    i like sweetness to perfumes. like black paco rabbane .
    i like heavy and depth perfumes. like raulph lauren silver romance
    i like the perfume to be warm in the smell. like joop jump as i think. ( the best perfumes for me i think is the perfume with a warm smelling .if the perfume isnt warm i dont like it very much )
    i dont want to be very fruity. as euphoria calvin klein .
    i like a woody perfumes like raulph lauren silver romance .
    i'm age 18
    i like eternity kalvin clein.
    i like very much raulph lauren silver romance maybe as joop jump!
    i want the perfume to be romantic and masculine.
    i cant say sweetness is opposite of masculine .
    ok..

what did you say buy or not original santal ? or buy another perfume ?

if you think a perfume that maybe is for me i would be happy to hear it .
    a creed perfume it would be better if it is .
    thanks very much . and sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by Chesswit; 3rd February 2007 at 03:46 AM.

Default Re: would i like 'original santal' ?

I am probably the only one here who loves Original Santal. I also have a decant of Joop! homme, and the two are definitely not similar. I cant stand Joop homme! while Original Santal has fast become one of my favorite Creeds.

On me, Original Santal shows two faces.

In summer, the coriander and orange blossom are more prominent, and the sandalwood is clouded out by these two notes.

In winter though, the sandalwood is more prominent, and is evident from the beginning. I like sandalwood, so its been great wearing original santal this winter. I get a prominent sandalwood note with hints of coriander and orange blossom resulting in a great sandalwood scent.

I would recommend this scent, but definitely try before you buy.
    -

It's utterly disgusting. To me.

When I want sandalwood, I want sandlawood, not some fruity concoction which the sandalwood is barely perceptible.

If you want a Creed with sandalwood, buy Santal. Now THAT'S a sandalwood fragrance. Wore it last night as the SOTE and was blown away. One of the very best.
    Last edited by Rebelwithoutaclue; 3rd February 2007 at 04:56 AM.

I find Original Santal to be a masterpiece. The topnotes can be a little weird (I get a distinct lipstick note), but the drydown is breathtaking. Judging by the other frags you like, this sounds like it's right down your alley. But try it first - as you know, it's quite pricey.

I like OS too, but there are a few things to take note before you purchase, first it does smell a lot like many female scents. Second it is way too sweet, probably one of the sweetest out there. Lastly I'm not sure if it would fit your romantic/ musculine etc thing, it sure is high quality and refined ( it's a creed), but there is certainly a controversy in its androgynous, almost feminine approach.

Default thanks..

thanks very much for your comments guys

and a question maybe someone knows what santal is ? what the name means original santal ?
    thanks very much.

Santal is sandalwood. It is an aromatic wood.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I haven't smelled Joop! Jump, but I have smelled the original Joop!, a frag many people seem to compare Original Santal to. TBH I was instantly revolted by something in it. I quickly concluded I couldn't stand it.

Original Santal, OTOH, I found to be a very nice smelling perfume. It is kind of sweet, but I don't find it as sweet as many others seem to. It may be because of what zztop mentioned, since I smelled it in the winter.

My opinion is, as others have already said, test it first.

Original Santal is a wonderful fragrence!

It may not be the best for sandalwood purists, but it is great none the less!

If it didn't have the word "Santal" in it would it be liked by more people?

I dont know how Original Santal can be considered "sweet". Ok, maybe compared to Bois Du Portugal it might be "sweet". But there are many others which are far more "sweet" than Original Santal, for example:

Creed Royal Delight
    Trumper Sandalwood (far more cluttered and sweet than OS - I dont like it as much)
    Chanel Egoiste
    A*Men/B*Men
    90% of Serge Lutens offerings
    ...amongst others

Or maybe its just skin chemistry.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Santal is sandalwood. It is an aromatic wood.
    thanks man

i will buy this perfume...without testing it... i cant testing much shipping costs for the testing bottle .good luck to me

thanks for your help..

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I dont know how Original Santal can be considered "sweet". Ok, maybe compared to Bois Du Portugal it might be "sweet". But there are many others which are far more "sweet" than Original Santal, for example:

Creed Royal Delight
    Trumper Sandalwood (far more cluttered and sweet than OS - I dont like it as much)
    Chanel Egoiste
    A*Men/B*Men
    90% of Serge Lutens offerings
    ...amongst others

Or maybe its just skin chemistry.
    This is true. I find Rochas Man, A*Men and many others to be way sweeter than OS. It's all relative...