Code of Conduct

Default Polo Sport Exteme's pepper vs Azzaro Visit pepper

The smell of pepper, fresh cracked black pepper in particular, is one of my favorite scents. I am looking for a fragrance with that note. Would Polo Sport Extreme fit the description? I have read that it is a peppery fragrance that is also warm and fresh. Currently I have Gucci Pour Homme and Azzaro Visit and would put them as the most peppery fragrances I own. If I were to get the PS Extreme would I be duplicating the PH or Visit? I also have Bulgari Extreme, Paul Smith Extreme, Sander Man, and D&G PH all of which have a good dose of pepper in them.

Thanks

Default Re: Polo Sport Exteme's pepper vs Azzaro Visit pepper

Polo Sport Extreme is far more peppery than Visit. So is Oscar for Men for that matter.
    Renato

As another alternative, and you probably have seen the thread, Molton Brown now has a black pepper fragrance out. I have used their body wash (very nice) and if their fragrance is anything close it may be what you are after. Could be worth trying to get a sample.

When I started my hobby, Polo Sport Extreme was one of my very first purchases. I read a lot of reviews on perfumeemporium.com and Polo Sport Extreme was one fragrance that had no bad review at all at that time.

So I bought it blind then and everytime I was wearing it (mostly in summer) I really loved it and found it very underrated. Nowadays it doesn't get much chances, but it's still a great fragrance. I will wear it soon - that's a promise.

Azzaro Visit is more dignity, more graceful, not sporty at all,

.... but one single spray of Piper Nigrum is far superior for both IMHO. The only thing with Piper Nigrum need some time to settle, fifteen minutes or so, but it lasts a long time. A very interesting scent used sparingly and a lot of surprises on the way.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 3rd February 2007 at 05:57 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Polo Sport Extreme is far more peppery than Visit. Renato
    I completely concur, owning both. If it's cracked fresh black pepper that you desire, you cannot get any better than Polo Sport Extreme in my opinion. While I like Visit better overall (it's more versatile, for starters), I've never became comfortable with Piper Nigrum.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani
    I completely concur, owning both. If it's cracked fresh black pepper that you desire, you cannot get any better than Polo Sport Extreme in my opinion. While I like Visit better overall (it's more versatile, for starters), I've never became comfortable with Piper Nigrum.

Jeff
    Ditto to that. Piper Nigrum is interesting but doesn't project all that much.

Also, make sure you check out and test Oscar for Men if you can. At first sniff it doesn't smell extremely peppery, but the output is constant all day long. I'm not sure if it's my nose getting aggravated from it, or if is the scent itself, but it seems far more peppery after 8 hours than when I first put it on.

Renato