Code of Conduct

Thread: New Creed

Default New Creed

based on this boards recommendation I went out and bought GIT and really loved it. Its been a few months and I was hoping you could help me out with a new scent.

also, I was able to grab the GIT for les than $80 through some link to reduced price colognes. If you could provide that link again it would be greatly appreciated.

thx.

Default Re: New Creed

You should get samples of Millesime Imperial and Bois du Portugal.
    If you are more adventurous, try to get a sample of Vintage Tabarome
    from Creed's Private Collection.

Vintage Tabarome is definitely a "try before you buy" scent. Theres no denying its incredible quality, but its an acquired taste. It took me a while to get its deep and dark tobacco notes (I was applying too much!), but now I own a big stonkin' flacon of it.
    -

Bois du Portugal would be my next choice. A more masculine scent than GIT and lasts a little longer.

Green Irish Tweed is definitely a "try before you buy" scent. Theres no denying its incredible quality, but its an acquired taste

I also recommend Bois du Portugal as your next Creed. Creed is somewhat unusual in that their scents run from one extreem to the other...from the best through the worst.

Get samples first

thanks for all the input. Where can I get samples from? Thats a great idea, I would love some.

Smile Re: New Creed

Quote Originally Posted by asleep
    Bois du Portugal would be my next choice. A more masculine scent than GIT and lasts a little longer.
    100% Quote! For me IMHO Bois du Portugal is the very best-one fragrance of the Creed House! Anyway, rule n 1 extract from the "basenotes bible": first try sample or decant and after only after buy this! ;-)

Hi, mr.setter
    http://basenotes.net/wardrobe/8905

"Il profumo dei fiori non puo' andare controvento, ma il profumo delle buone azioni compiute da uomini virtuosi si effonde in tutte le direzioni."[Dhammapada]

just noticed your post, i absolutely loved GIT.. been meaning to buy a bottle but would be a waste since i still have some in my decant.

anyways, id recommend Silver Mountain Water since you seem to like Fresh.

Bois du Portugal and Himalaya. I enjoy Silver Mountain Water but up close on my skin it goes sour but from afar it still smells good.

You should try Erolfa it's a good manly scent that i have grown to love. The dry down is amazing

Wink Re: New Creed

I agree with the advise these fine basenoters are giving you to get a decant first. There are plenty of folks on the for sale or swap boards here that have decants for you. Very generous folks too. Creedirect on e-bay has some great prices and are in my estimation quite reliable. I recently had a wrong size shipped to me by them for an auction and they went out of thier way to make it right for me.

Love the vintage tab too. You'll get lots of suggestions because everyone has a fave. I think Creeds are definatly different than any mass market items I have ever tried.

Most of all have fun trying them.

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors