Code of Conduct

Default HazMat in linens!

I cleaned out my linen closet today. I had some old sheets that had migrated to the bottom of the stacks and never seemed to be put on the beds, a couple of cotton blankets the kids don't use anymore.....and a set of Givenchy parfum minis that were apparently my Free Gift with Purchase of any $53 Givenchy fragrance. I was pretty surprised, since I've never owned anything by Givenchy. I do remember my husband bought a perfume for his mother one year, and that's all I can imagine.

I have tiny little parfums of Organza, Organza First Light, Very Irresistable, Amarige D'amour, and

Amarige.

After moondeva comments on decanting and diluting Amarige EdP before dabbing it on, I sit looking at a little parfum bottle as though it held nitroglycerin.

I don't expect to like these, as I think I've tried most of them in the dept stores and passed them by.....Does anyone have strong opinions on them?

Default Re: HazMat in linens!

Can only speak for Amarige which I ADORE!! A small bottle is in my permantly-packed cosmetic case for travel 'cause for me she's one lady you can take anywhere! :bounce:

Now I have to explain - I am "une femme d'age certaine" with attending dry skin and somewhat (maybe) diminshed smellability (although I always check with younger friends to make sure I haven't overdone) and some of the diva fragrances that are atomic blasts on the younger wearers are tamed by me. I'd put Amarige in that category - a heady floral with some fruit notes that is as commanding and elegant as the designer himself.

Here's some info about the nose that created Amarige: "Dominique Ropion trained at the legendary Roure Bertrand Dupont laboratory before going to work with Jean-Louis Sieuzac, one of the perfumery world's great technicians. Today he's a star perfumer at IFF. An adventurer who abandons himself to instinct, Ropion is on a quest to create new, harmonious accords by pairing ingredients which are extreme opposites. His work is special because of the tension between precision and freedom."

Try one little dab with a jar of Noxema hand - see thread http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=192400 - and if she throws you to the floor and you absolutely can't stand her I'LL TRADE YA!!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

When I first started Basenotes, I wanted something with nutmeg and Organza was suggested. I smelled it and thought wow this is great! Then after a month it started getting this minty smell that sort of made me sick and I threw it out. It was bought new at a department store and I tested and found out it wasn't old. It might just be my skin chemistry because I am one of those that can't wear everything.
    I have tested the Amarige and didn't find it that strong, but didn't like it well enough to buy. But Givenchy Pi for men, WOW!!! I love this stuff.

Thank you, ladies! Perhaps tomorrow....after a grocery trip for Noxema!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    [...]I have tiny little parfums of Organza, Organza First Light, Very Irresistable, Amarige D'amour, and

Amarige.

After moondeva comments on decanting and diluting Amarige EdT before dabbing it on, I sit looking at a little parfum bottle as though it held nitroglycerin.

You mustn't be dictated to by my fear / experience, Shycat. I may just be extra sensitive to it because I used so much of it when I was a smoker and whilst quitting smoking. And as we all know chemistry is king so Amarige may turn out to be a mewling pussycat on you.

I would love to try the parfum... I cannot imagine that they could possibly have a version out there that is twice as potent as the EDT!!! May be it will be a completely different animal and actually be sweet heavenly ambrosia compared to the EDT - with much less sillage. EDTs are usually much coarser and abrasive than the parfums anyway....

I do not mean to insult Shycat, but are you sure it isn't just a miniature EDT rather than the pure parfum? I have never seen the parfum available. My brain just finds it so hard to take that in...and the possibilities it means.

What an amazing find!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I got out my glasses and my magnifying glass (bifocals due it Feb. 10) It says PARFUM on the little bottles. On the back of the box, it has line drawing pictures of each bottle, the name, and again parfum. The ingredients are listed as alcohol, parfum, aqua, and then the synthetic ingredients. Each one has linalool and geraniol, and a host of other things.

I've been a bit stressed, perhaps even suicidal, so I opened each one and touched a top of hand, wrist, and one crook of elbow. I'd say I have on a total still of less than one drop.

My eyes are watering, my throat is closing and my head is twisting around for fresh air behind me.

Thank god I didn't have any pea soup!

The Amarige seems an intensely sweet white floral--pikake jasmin. Arghh, one smells like a sweetened construction worker arm pit (ingredients list coumarin on a couple.) Now I can't recall which is which with the Organzas but nothing is good. I feel it all in the back of my throat. Every breath makes me yearn for a gas mask. Dear Lord, this is insa,e

Honestly, the Amarige is the best, no doubt. I can see the love. Of course I shouldn't have put them all on at oncy, since any one makes me remember Avagodro's number and houw many moelcules are actually in a gram molecular weitht-- like 6.02 x 10 to the 23. That sa lot of molecu les and now I'm off to shower and send a gazillion molecules down down down the drain drain drain.

If I stop posting suddenly....those I owe decatns to can contact my extate...just make sure musse gets my little Fracas parfum.

Wait a tick, now I smell like bubblegum.

this is just like a bad LSD trip (or so I've heard.)

Blog Entries

::waiting anxiously for Shycat to finish her shower:: Are you alright my dear?? Shycat? Speak to me!!! Whatever you do - stay AWAY from the bright light...!!!

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

LOL! Yes indeed, no bright lights for me! Shower, scrub, and a microderma scrub, and some Cetaphil. Mere traces remain, soon to be lost in a bowl of chocolate ice cream....back to normal. Or should I go with Heavenly Hawaiian? Oh, definately back to normall!

Cool Re: HazMat in linens!

OMG, I didn't know Givenchy could be THAT dangerous.

Last edited by lievje; 4th February 2007 at 02:20 PM.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Shycat, don't you know cleaning out closets is bad for your health! The last time I cleaned out this huge pantry that I have I found a brand new, totally forgotten, quite expensive Williams Sonoma pan . However, I found it because it slid from the top of a huge pile and fell on my foot ( I said words I don't think I have even heard). I hope you have recovered from your toxic Givenchy cocktail

Talking Re: HazMat in linens!

Definitely bad for your health. The orthopedic surgeon who treated my bad shoulder said housework is very bad for you. I'm sure that's what his wife says, too.

....this has been absolutely THE fun-est post EVER! (But don't forget what I said about the trade, ShyCat!!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hi Shycat. Gee, when I said I didn't care for the Givenchy's, I never dreamed the perfumes could have that effect on a person. But the Men's Pi is really good, not like the other's. I'm sending a lot of caring thoughts.

Taolady, you got dibs. I wrapped the whole box in Saran since a few million molecules were smudged around the tiny collars.

I'm no fool, Taolady, I had asbestos abatement done on a rental house several years ago. I want your signature on a "hold harmless" clause, and solid one time payment.

I can offer a 5ml decant of Broadway Nite that is a mere 1 1/2 yrs old and has been sprayed only on Sundays in December 2005. I will include a gently sampled Oud Queen Rose which is very special and also will disinfect any surface it touches.

But wait! That's not all! For a limited time on this special TV offer, you can also get two 2ml decants! That's 4ml of beautiful fragrance NOT FOUND IN STORES! Choose from Chinatown, Encens et Lavande, or A la Nuit and many more! Don't miss this special offer! It won't be made again! Call CrazyCat now!

Certain restrictions may apply. Offer void where prohibited. Sales tax 6% in CA. Check your PM's Taolady and we'll work something out. I've always wanted to try Guerlain's Jardin de B. Love, Patsy

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Taolady, you got dibs. I wrapped the whole box in Saran since a few million molecules were smudged around the tiny collars.

I'm no fool, Taolady, I had asbestos abatement done on a rental house several years ago. I want your signature on a "hold harmless" clause, and solid one time payment.

I can offer a 5ml decant of Broadway Nite that is a mere 1 1/2 yrs old and has been sprayed only on Sundays in December 2005. I will include a gently sampled Oud Queen Rose which is very special and also will disinfect any surface it touches.

But wait! That's not all! For a limited time on this special TV offer, you can also get two 2ml decants! That's 4ml of beautiful fragrance NOT FOUND IN STORES! Choose from Chinatown, Encens et Lavande, or A la Nuit and many more! Don't miss this special offer! It won't be made again! Call CrazyCat now!

Certain restrictions may apply. Offer void where prohibited. Sales tax 6% in CA. Check your PM's Taolady and we'll work something out. I've always wanted to try Guerlain's Jardin de B. Love, Patsy
    SOLD! Breathlessly await PM. (JdeB set aside pending decant!)