Code of Conduct

Default Moisturizer For Breakout-Prone Skin?

Hi! I have very fair skin that's prone to breakouts and scarring, and I do basic, common-sense things to keep it under control: I exfoliate, use purifying masks, steam, use medicated cleansers, etc. However, now that I'm almost 25, I should be moisturizing and using a sunblock every day, and I can't seem to find a moisturizer/sunblock that doesn't make my face freak out. Does anyone here have any experience with this, or any recommendations?

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Default Re: Moisturizer For Breakout-Prone Skin?

Eucerin sun block 30SPF. And for moisterizer plain old Eucerin.
    Last edited by TDDanae; 5th February 2007 at 05:38 PM.

I am very fair skinned and I freckle easily. I use Obagi sunblock on my face daily and it is not greasy at all. I used to use the whole Obagi skin care line. My favorite moisturizer is Philosophy Hope in a Jar. My skin is very prone to breakouts also and neither of these has caused me any problems.

I use the fragrance-free Olay moisturizer with SPF 15 - you can get it at the drugstore for about $8, and it doesn't make me break out. I've also used the Mary Kay TimeWise moisturizer with SPF 15, but the MK brand costs about twice as much as the Olay.

I agree that it's important to use sunscreen even if you're not going outside that often.

I have heard good things about the Alpha H range.
    DONNA

I work in skin care. IF I HAD THE MONEY....I would bath in La Mer Gel, not the Creme de La Mer...the new Gel. However, since I am not loaded...I really had great experience using their On the Go Clearner , Walnut Scrub and Vitamin Moisturizer (it is very light) and spreads thin.
    Top Favorite Houses: Amouage / Tom Ford (name brand or private collection) / Hermes

"Do the next right thing."

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallLaw View Post
    I work in skin care. IF I HAD THE MONEY....I would bath in La Mer Gel, not the Creme de La Mer...the new Gel. However, since I am not loaded...I really had great experience using their On the Go Clearner , Walnut Scrub and Vitamin Moisturizer (it is very light) and spreads thin.
    This thread is 4 years old.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    I use the fragrance-free Olay moisturizer with SPF 15 - you can get it at the drugstore for about $8, and it doesn't make me break out. .
    Thread necromancy, LOL.

+1 to linnea.

This is the only day lotion I've found that has a chemical sunscreen but doesn't make my face freak out. Have used this for about 15 years. I wear this plus foundation and it works to prevent tanning so I assume it's working.

So if your breakouts are from irritation this one may work for you, it has proved gentle for me even when I was having rosacea and all sorts of problems - most of the issues have resolved now (so have hope for the future, djuna) and I can use night creams with fragrance, etc. now but this Olay Complete Sensitive Day SPF 15 is the gold standard for a nonirritating moisturizer with SPF, I am very devoted to it.