Code of Conduct

Default Creed Vintage tabarome unavailable?

I tried to get the Vintage Taborme by Creed, but it seems to be unavailable, at least in Germany. Everybody only sells the Tabarome Millessime.
    Is it out of production?
    Any suggestions on where I could buy?

Default Re: Creed Vintage tabarome unavailable?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwergnase
    I tried to get the Vintage Taborme by Creed, but it seems to be unavailable, at least in Germany. Everybody only sells the Tabarome Millessime.
    Is it out of production?
    Any suggestions on where I could buy?
    Very hard to find indeed. I bought a full tester bottle on ebay once, but I haven't seen a VT tester bottle for years. You probably will have to google for that huge 250ml splash bottle with the glass stopper. It's not available in 75ml bottles unless it is a tester bottle and they are normally not for sale.
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Its only for sale in certain markets. I don't know why. Its not available in the UK (or germany apparently)but is in the USA and france. It is only sold in flacons of 250ml or more.
    Take a trip to paris and visit the creed store ? The prices there are a fair bit lower than elsewhere.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Its only for sale in certain markets. I don't know why. Its not available in the UK (or germany apparently)but is in the USA and france. It is only sold in flacons of 250ml or more.
    Take a trip to paris and visit the creed store ? The prices there are a fair bit lower than elsewhere.
    Same is the case with Creed Bois De Santal, albeit a bit more extreme - its not even listed at any of the Creed websites.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Same is the case with Creed Bois De Santal, albeit a bit more extreme - its not even listed at any of the Creed websites.
    I think that one was a limited edition for the US market only.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    I think that one was a limited edition for the US market only.
    Really? How long ago was that ? and how come scentiments.com keeps getting large flacons of it for the past 2 years?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Really? How long ago was that ? and how come scentiments.com keeps getting large flacons of it for the past 2 years?
    I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. Never seen it anywhere except a couple of US web sellers. Maybe an exclusive for them?

reviews

Smile Re: Creed Vintage tabarome unavailable?

So, if one was to travel in person to the Creed store in Paris, how much cheaper would the fragrances be. And I guess they have everything in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by tegvan
    And I guess they have everything in stock!
    You would hope so!

If not, you could see an inperson demonstration of the "infusion technique"
    -

Cool Re: Creed Vintage tabarome unavailable?

Has anyone from Basenotes been there in person?

Quote Originally Posted by tegvan
    Has anyone from Basenotes been there in person?
    Yes. I was there briefly last september. A 75 ml of EDT which retails in england at £60 cost me just under £45 in the store. Other prices are lower too. I think I remember someone getting a 250ml of REL for abot £120 but I am not sure about that. I have a look for the thread.

Others have also been there.

reviews

Try Neiman Marcus stores (US). They have an online site: www.neimanmarcus.com

Although my search of their site could not produce it, they do carry Vintage Tabarome in some of their stores, and if you're serious about obtaining a bottle, especially a fresh, large flacon, I would contact the stores.

Here's the customer service # in the US: 1.888.888.4757.

Further, I have specifically seen a bottle of Vintage Tabarome at the store in Northbrook, IL, if you need to special order.

Finally, if an international call is not possible, there is a link on the website to "send us an e-mail." You can access the link by going to:
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/se...sistance.jhtml

I hope this helps. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori
    Try Neiman Marcus stores (US). They have an online site: www.neimanmarcus.com

Although my search of their site could not produce it, they do carry Vintage Tabarome in some of their stores, and if you're serious about obtaining a bottle, especially a fresh, large flacon, I would contact the stores.

Here's the customer service # in the US: 1.888.888.4757.

Further, I have specifically seen a bottle of Vintage Tabarome at the store in Northbrook, IL, if you need to special order.

Finally, if an international call is not possible, there is a link on the website to "send us an e-mail." You can access the link by going to:
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/se...sistance.jhtml

I hope this helps. Let me know.
    This could prove to be a high risk strategy as shipping through US customs is pretty unreliable, as frags are not meant to be sent by air, or even in the post at all, if I am not mistaken. Especially so for a large obtrusive bottle.

reviews

I can verify that vintage tabarome is for sale at neiman marcus. I just was "testing" it again today there. You'll pay top dollar, but it's there.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I'd also like to add that some Nieman Marcus' products are anything but fresh. At the St. Louis area (where I spent much time last summer), the majority of Creeds they carried, had a pretty thick portion of dust on them. They had a stand next to the fragrance counter, that had both large flacons and 2.5, 4 Oz spray bottles and they appeared to come from the 19th Century (bit of sarcasm, but trust me they were not fresh.)

Oh, and FYI:

(I was checking on this for myself, as well, since my husband is a Tabarome fan.)

-Private Collection Tabarome is out of stock at Scentiments.
    -There is an e-bay store selling it currently.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by markc
    I'd also like to add that some Nieman Marcus' products are anything but fresh. At the St. Louis area (where I spent much time last summer), the majority of Creeds they carried, had a pretty thick portion of dust on them. They had a stand next to the fragrance counter, that had both large flacons and 2.5, 4 Oz spray bottles and they appeared to come from the 19th Century (bit of sarcasm, but trust me they were not fresh.)

Ah, yes. St. Louis. Many of the items in many of their department stores seem anything but fresh, I would concur. However, in Chicago, the items are never there long enough to get dusty, as there are millions of people shopping at only two local stores.
    Last edited by Kotori; 5th February 2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori
    Oh, and FYI:

(I was checking on this for myself, as well, since my husband is a Tabarome fan.)

-Private Collection Tabarome is out of stock at Scentiments.
    -There is an e-bay store selling it currently.
    --------------------------------------

I got my Vintage Tabarome flacon from scentiments.com - enter your email address and they will notify you as soon as it arrives. I received a "tabarome" notification from and I placed my order within seconds. The juice in the flacon smells much more "fresh" than the decant I had - I guess I lucked out
    -

I've visted the Creed store in Paris. A fine place it is, too.

This store http://www.galerieslafayette.com/int...fontLang=latin

Had Vintage Tabarome on the shelves, last October.