Code of Conduct

Question what would you take on vacation?

In March I'm going on my annual vacation in South Beach. It's just a week of lazing about, hanging out, dining, dancing, seeing friends, and basically taking it easy. Going with my BF and want a wardrobe of about 3-5 scents that will take me from afternoons eating at sidewalk cafes to night strolls on the beach or late nights in clubs.

You can take a look at my wardrobe, but I feel that most of my stuff in there is more cold weather focused. I want something heady and sultry for the warm weather down there. I'm thinking like gardenia or jasmine, but not overly floral, maybe anchored by a sexy musk or amber.

I am going to limit myself to $100. That either means ONE niche bottle or 2 department store buys or whatever that'll get me on eBay. I'd welcome your suggestions, and on this frigid day in February, I'm happy to be thinking about the warm thaw of Spring.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Default Re: what would you take on vacation?

I know I am not supposed to tell you "Take a pick from what you've got" and need to encourage you to get more scents. However, I had a look at your wardrobe and could not help but noticed that you are set for your dream vacation in 2007 :

-- beach, stretching in the sun AA Pampellune (seems like you like it too!);
    -- friends, errands, running around L'Artisan Parfumeur Passage D'Enfer;
    -- sultry/sexy evening scent Guerlain Mahora (tuberose/jasmine and all you want!).

Now that you are 100 dollars richer , please invest some of it into a baggie full of samples to provide variety!

Blog Entries

Second Twolf's recs completely but would like to add Chloe Narcisse (a wonderfully rich, sultry, tropical, feminine summer scent) and Guy Larouche Fidji (a wear anywhere classy green floral). You may also prefer Gres Cabotine to the Fidji.

Definitely take a few samples for variety.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Thank you for both your recommendations! Also, I was looking at Caron Nocturnes. Any word on that one? Moondeva, Fidji has been on my to try list for a while now, as has Cabotine. The Narcisse sounds good too.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Red face Re: what would you take on vacation?

[QUOTE=Twolf]I know I am not supposed to tell you "Take a pick from what you've got" and need to encourage you to get more scents. However, I had a look at your wardrobe and could not help but noticed that you are set for your dream vacation in 2007 :

-- beach, stretching in the sun AA Pampellune (seems like you like it too!);

I totally agree with the AA Pamplelune recommendation for a tropical vacation. Totally light and sultry at the same time!

But if you're looking for gardenia (and I'm not much of a gardenia fan, mind you), I think you might like something by Michael Kors. They're very light, and not too obtrusive, but still distinctive. I like Michael Kors Island especially. I saw that they have a new version, too- Michael Kors Island Hawaii. Sounds nice. They have it at Sephora.

AA Pamplelune for sure! I purchased that perfume just for South Beach and wore only that, now everytime I wear it...I'm instantly taken back. I should wear this tomorrow and take a mental vacation. It's sooo cold here in the N.E.!!

Wink Re: what would you take on vacation?

Go to Barneys or Aedes and get Fleurs d 'Oranger by Lutens!

Ever try Kai? The perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect gardenia, IMHO ! The oil is much, much more subdued to the edp, plus the tiny roll-on is easy to tote around. Now I want some roll-on Kai