Code of Conduct

Default Have U tried 'Apparition Intense' by Ungaro?

The news regarding the new Apparition sounds interesting. Has anyone tried this ?

http://www.osmoz.com/club/news_detai...NGUE=EN&ID=863

Default Re: Have U tried 'Apparition Intense' by Ungaro?

No, but I am really excited to try this!!

Imo, the original was a really lame scent. This sounds enough different though that I have to give it a chance, especially since it sounds so damn good! An oriental by Polge, eh? Let's hope it comes close in quality to his oriental masterpiece Egoiste.

Sounds better than the original - gotta admit that!

-T-

Hey folks, the intense sounds good, but what do you think about the original one???
    Similar to the other fresh fragrances as Chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    Hey folks, the intense sounds good, but what do you think about the original one???
    Similar to the other fresh fragrances as Chrome?
    To my nose the original one is nice and pretty harmless without any real wow-factor in it. The anise-liquorice -combo makes it a tiny bit more interesting and deeper than Chrome, but both are fresh and very easy to digest...

-Tero-
    Last edited by GGA; 8th February 2007 at 11:42 AM.

The original is not that bad....and this sounds better.....this will be interesting.
    Gary

So did somebody try the intense version and how is it in comparison to the original?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I haven't seen this anywhere. I've been looking for it since it was first announced. Is it only in European distribution?
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Actuallly, I just saw it in a Duty Free magazine they distributed on the plane, but I did not see it in several duty free stores in the airports in neither Europe nor US, so I don't know.

I wonder if anybody got a chance to sniff this one by now?

Thanks for solving a puzzle I've had for three months. It was three months ago that I was in huge perfume store in Trento in northern Italy, when I sprayed an Ungaro scent called Apparition from a dark brown or red box on my wrist (I'm partly colour blind, hence my poor description of the box).

A few hours later, I was on a two hour drive back to my home, and the Apparition on my wrist was wafting away fabulously. It was a great little oriental, kind of reminding me a bit of Must de Cartier, but with lasting power. I determined to buy it next time I saw it, and posted about it here, as being one of the better ones I'd come across so far during my trip.

However, look as much as I may, I couldn't find Apparition anywhere. The shop assistants hadn't heard of it. Until two months later, not being able to see the dark box in the shelves yet again, I asked a shop assistant in Florence if she'd heard of it, and she pulled it out. Only it was a light coloured box. And the fragrance - well, it was okay, but nothing like what had intrigued me so much two months earlier.

I wish I had read that dark box properly that day in Trento.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 19th November 2007 at 01:48 PM.

Well, I am glad to hear your positive review, Renato. I always have high hopes for Ungaros, and the original Apparition while being not bad, was not what people would expect from Ungaro. The Intense version sounds much better, but for soome reason it is not available anywhere and I don't understand this kind of marketing - how they are supposed to make any money this way? And then a year from now they will discontinue it because it did not sell well.

I want to try it. Lord knows almost anything would be an improvement over plain ol' Apparition itself.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Bump. I never saw this one in a store so far. I have high expectations because other Ungaro scents were superb. Are there updates on this one?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'd like to try this, too; but so far, there's nothing on the shelves anywhere I've been in the U. S. Is it still only in European distribution?
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

I did a Google search and switched to images hoping to see some fragrance outlets featuring this.

After a few pages of pics that linked to announcements in US pages I got a lot of hits from domains with .CZ at the end. I'm guessing Czechoslovakia? There were a few .IT domains and a few .RU domains.

After several pages it ran out of red bottles.

HTH

Czechoslovakia... would be funny if this scent is available only there, especially since the country did not exist for 15 years. It's Czech Republic now, and Slovakia is separate state.

Anyhow, let's hope the scent is good and we will get to try it soon.

Domain Name Registration ".CZ" is Czech Republic

I should have looked this up originally.

French Sephora has Apparition Intense' by Ungaro

Last edited by fredricktoo; 25th February 2008 at 09:24 PM.

Default Re: Have you tried 'Apparition Intense' by Ungaro?

Still no one to review this?It sounds good on paper!But quite difficult to locate a bottle...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Last edited by fredricktoo; 18th August 2008 at 10:26 PM.

I still prefer brooms.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Sur la Plage

Ungaro Apparition Homme Intense is now being sold at Marshalls for $14.99 (50ml) - but I did not have an opportunity to sample it.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 30th September 2008 at 09:34 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I bought Apparition Intense today and tried it on my wrist, it is a very safe scent, it is sweet and has fruity top notes, after an hour it is very simillar to Dolce& Gabbana PH, and the dry down gets better. It is a wonderful scent for those who like modern scents that are not aquatic. It sits close to the skin and stays about 6 hrs. on my skin. I have to wear it few more times to study it better to make sure if I want to keep it or return it.

I have also seen this for some time at my local TJMaxx.

There are now 3.4 oz. bottles for $19.99 at Marshalls. Before I only saw the 1.7 oz. bottles for $14.99. My friend bought the 3.4 oz. and I sprayed some on my arm. The fragrance is not bad but it's just not my style. It starts out strong but settles down and lasts long. It's a sweet fragrance as mentioned. I can see people liking this one and may be worth a try if you don't want something powerful. This is a casual fragrance.
    Last edited by Ronin; 3rd November 2008 at 06:37 AM.