Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 8 February

Another "museum piece" with major civet note for me today: gorgeous Narcisse Noir.

Have a t'riffic Thursday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 8 February

Hanae Mori's Magical Moon, a real incense treat.

I need a confidence boost today!
    Piles of work up to my neck and I am going to back til 9pm for another teleconference. *Sigh*

I am wearing Jolie Madame (the animalic, intelligent confidence boosting scent)

I am planning to wear Le Male tonight.

Today I'm wearing Bois d'iris.Could't really make up my mind today,but I decided to go for this one at last

Jean Patou Enjoy EDP. Have a great one all.

Penhaligon's Opus 1870
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I'm trying Madame Rochas again today. First I loved it, then went off it completely in the space of a week. I'm wearing it now and am very unsure. To me it smells too smoky, and I'm not in the mood for smoke.

I wish I had a more sophisticated nose.

Exclamation Re: SotD Thursday 8 February

Musc Ravageur

Oh boy, does this reflect my mood
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I'm giving Annette Neuffer's Avicenna its first outing as a SotD - hmmmmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

The world is white and it snows and snows and snows...

I wear Parfum d'Empire - Ambre Russe, to stay warm in this white cold.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    Musc Ravageur

Oh boy, does this reflect my mood
    I've just looked up the reviews for this and they are quite funny. One reviewer finds it so sexy he wants to sleep with himself. So that's the mood you are in. I must try this one.
    I want to try other Frederic Malles as well. Should I be looking for anything special?

Guerlain Vetiver Eau Glacee

-T-

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Another "museum piece" with major civet note for me today: gorgeous Narcisse Noir.

Have a t'riffic Thursday, everyone!
    Gorgeous indeed. I adore the topnotes of Narcisse Noir more than any other scent. On me it tends to soften too soon, but on the occasions when I wear it I feel wonderful.

It's snowing here today, so I wore Hypnotic Poison again. That and Angel are the olfactory equivalents of comfort food, which is what I need when it's cold and horrible out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra
    I've just looked up the reviews for this and they are quite funny. One reviewer finds it so sexy he wants to sleep with himself. So that's the mood you are in. I must try this one.
    I want to try other Frederic Malles as well. Should I be looking for anything special?
    Ehmm, not quite the mood I was in when I wrote that, but it is a sweet thought. I felt more in the line of 'Conan the Destroyer' (good old Arnold Schwarzenegger).

But indeed, this is for me the best Malle there is (but who am I?)
    I also love L'Eau d'Hiver and Noir Epices.
    Maybe you could visit Malle's site and read about the notes: http://www.editionsdeparfums.com/mallesite_gb/index.htm

You can fill in their 'questionnaire' and they will give you a scent advice.
    And when you are really lucky they will even send you some samples
    But don't count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG
    Penhaligon's Opus 1870
    Today is my Penhaligon's day, too...I will be testing Lily and Spice and Bluebell.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Enjoy! Bluebell is utterly gorgeous!

Mugler Cologne Summer Flash
    Wishlist is pointless.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Ligea "La Sirena" today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Yikes, I switched mid getting dressed. The Lily and Spice is so soft.
    So I took a plunge with my Montale sample of Jasmin Full. (in keeping with my flower theme, of course.)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Still in the single digits (*farenheit*) here and I am continuing to wrestle with this expletive cold (the cold winning this morning), so I need something sweet, warm, comforting and interesting today...

L'Artisan's Tea for Two for me. Ladies and gentlemen, I smell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD....
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Dzongkha today - thanks again to Wolfie. It opened with a salty Iris-vetiver statement underlaid with a hint of incense. There's a hint of sharp spiciness too and at least one reviewer has mentioned leather in the drydown. Hasn't happened yet - but I am hopeful.

I really like the Artisan frags I've tried but I have to be dipped in them to experience the strong presence I prefer. (Not a problem - this is a very generous sample!! :bounce

Later: The leather showed up! Gaw-juss!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 8th February 2007 at 01:00 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

No more 'ravaging' scent for me today :bounce:

I changed into the stunning Bois des Îles from Chanel.

Well, from Chanel and a Black Unicorn Lady! Indeed the most enchanted parcel ever

notes taken from the Directory:
    Jasmine, Damask Rose, Ylang-Ylang, Bitter Almond, Gingerbread, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood, Vetiver.

I can hear the patter of tiny lemming feet

I just knew you would love Bois des Iles - but then, who doesn't? It's simply perfect
    Hurry up if you want to feed your lemming, dearest - the next bottles will come only in a 200 ml size!

Had to suspend my rose week because our Montale samples arrived.
    Lots of goodness brimming from that batch of samples.
    Thanks, silvergirl, for swapping.
    Look for the "Montale Reviews" thread coming soon to a place on the planet near you.
    Moondeva, *waves to Scotland,* the USPS promised they would be there in 4-7 days, which means tomorrow or Monday. Not sure I believe them. Let us know.

AA Mentafollia

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    I just knew you would love Bois des Iles - but then, who doesn't? It's simply perfect
    Hurry up if you want to feed your lemming, dearest - the next bottles will come only in a 200 ml size!
    Hi Lady_in_Black! And where could they be purchased, because I never see a place where I can buy either Bois des Iles or Cuir de Russie?
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

So far today I am wearing Eau de Stinky Puppy, having let my new baby Boxer share the bed with us last night (it was his first night in a new home...) See the "Show us your pets" thread for a picture of the most handsome little fella' you'll ever see.

I suspect I'll wear something else after my shower, though. Maybe Kiehl's musk, though I enjoyed my Prive Cuir Amethyste so much yesterday, it might get second wearing.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

testing Ayala Moriel's Film Noir, the "basenotes only" perfume of dark chocolate, patchouli, and myrrh. On this blustering, windy, frigid day, it is the one source of comfort in my commute. Gourmandish but not in an obvious or annoying way, the dark chocolate is velvet and spice; the myrrh adding complexity to this gorgeous brew. I love it!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    :
    You can fill in their 'questionnaire' and they will give you a scent advice.
    And when you are really lucky they will even send you some samples
    But don't count on that.
    Thanks a lot for the tip. I had visited the site but hadn't noticed the questionnaire. I'll keep fingers crossed for samples. L'eau d'hiver is high on my list of 'must try'.

Quote Originally Posted by lievje
    Hi Lady_in_Black! And where could they be purchased, because I never see a place where I can buy either Bois des Iles or Cuir de Russie?
    Lievje, in Europe they can be purchased only at Chanel boutiques. And with the new exclusive line being released, all scents will come only in enormous 200 ml bottles

DIOR'S ADDICT for me on this freezing day!

Ambra (1989)
    Etro
    Amber
    Santa Maria Novella
    CG

Bright, sunny and cold here today. Omnia Crystalline for me.

Thanks Lady_in_Black.

I'm testing 2 Malle fragrances. First is Noir Epices. The notes are: Orange, Rose, Geranium, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Clove, Pepper, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Cedar. I think I don't like this one.

Second is L'Eau d'Hiver. Notes: Bergamot, Angelica, Iris, Hawthorn, Jasmine, Hay, Carnation, White Heliotrope, Caramel and Musk. This one is beautiful!

Rochas' Poupee

L'Eau d'Hiver tops the charts for today, I also put some on for the morning after reading its name four or five times! It is a nice, icy blast of white heliotrope that I like most, me thinks.

Will wear my old trusted friend Coriandre to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    Dzongkha today - thanks again to Wolfie. It opened with a salty Iris-vetiver statement underlaid with a hint of incense. There's a hint of sharp spiciness too and at least one reviewer has mentioned leather in the drydown. Hasn't happened yet - but I am hopeful.

I really like the Artisan frags I've tried but I have to be dipped in them to experience the strong presence I prefer. (Not a problem - this is a very generous sample!! :bounce

Later: The leather showed up! Gaw-juss!
    I too am wearing DZONGKHA today, compliments of Twolf who sent me a generous sample!!! I'm loving the drydown too!

Jo Malone Orange Blossom layered with Bulgari Voile de Jasmin and a couple of spritzes of Kai.

Bois des Iles for me too!

Chanel No 19 today. I absolutly love this one right now! - But this also scares me a bit, for just a fourthnight ago I absolutley loved Shalimar, and thoughted I was going in to a period of just wanting to wear that one. And now I believe I am going into a period of just wanting Chanel No 19... Have I got myself too wonderful frags with too little time in between?
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Polo Sport for Men
    Gary

Divine Messe de Minuit after sauna. Perfect match for cuddling up with Bram Stoker's Dracula!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

It's a whiteout here today. Four inches of snow and freezing
    cold. Yves Rocher's COCOON (still not featuring in the basenotes
    directory!!) is a warm cup of hot cocoa laced with patchouli.

Kingdom for me today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Gris Clair for the first part of the day; will be sampling some Montales this evening to get ready for the upcoming Montale review thread that Purplebird mentioned. (Btw, thank YOU Purplebird for suggesting the swap!)

Le Baiser Du Dragon

Balahe

I tragically wore my very last spritz of Chinatown today I was thinking I could not bear to wait until I got near a Saks to purchase a full bottle ( one whole week), then I remembered I had received a generous sample from a basenoter ( bless you Shycat I may survive until next Friday )

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl
    Gris Clair for the first part of the day; will be sampling some Montales this evening to get ready for the upcoming Montale review thread that Purplebird mentioned. (Btw, thank YOU Purplebird for suggesting the swap!)
    COunt me in for that thread! next week is my Montale week, I think , and I am already dipping into my samples. I have a total of ten or eleven! YAY!

Margareta, I hear you re: No. 19. It is a beautiful fragrance and I could totally see wanting to wear it everyday for a good stretch of time. It seems to have multifaceted qualities to it.
    I have also had good experiences layering it with some sweeter or spicier frags. I was surprised at how nicely it supports others. Must be the green.

Blog Entries

Suffering a bit of a fragrance slump here, but managed to apply some much neglected Etro Etra today. It was delightful - boozy, aromatic, sheer yet deep. Very reminiscent of my much maligned beauty Chopard Madness.

I am now going to search out something animalic so that I can ressurect my poor neglected animalic layering challenge...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

This morning: continued my Je Reviens sampling project with the edt.

This afternoon: Spritzed on Charlie White for an afternoon refresher.

This evening: Murmure by Van Cleef & Arpels is giving me my jasmine fix.

I guess that's enough for today.

I've continued on with my vanilla week with L'Artisan Vanilia yesterday and Aquolina Pink Sugar today.