Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Thursday 8 February

Quote Originally Posted by lievje
    Hi Lady_in_Black! And where could they be purchased, because I never see a place where I can buy either Bois des Iles or Cuir de Russie?
    Lievje, in Europe they can be purchased only at Chanel boutiques. And with the new exclusive line being released, all scents will come only in enormous 200 ml bottles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

DIOR'S ADDICT for me on this freezing day!

Ambra (1989)
    Etro
    Amber
    Santa Maria Novella
    CG

Bright, sunny and cold here today. Omnia Crystalline for me.

Thanks Lady_in_Black.

I'm testing 2 Malle fragrances. First is Noir Epices. The notes are: Orange, Rose, Geranium, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Clove, Pepper, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Cedar. I think I don't like this one.

Second is L'Eau d'Hiver. Notes: Bergamot, Angelica, Iris, Hawthorn, Jasmine, Hay, Carnation, White Heliotrope, Caramel and Musk. This one is beautiful!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Rochas' Poupee

Basenotes Institution

L'Eau d'Hiver tops the charts for today, I also put some on for the morning after reading its name four or five times! It is a nice, icy blast of white heliotrope that I like most, me thinks.

Will wear my old trusted friend Coriandre to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    Dzongkha today - thanks again to Wolfie. It opened with a salty Iris-vetiver statement underlaid with a hint of incense. There's a hint of sharp spiciness too and at least one reviewer has mentioned leather in the drydown. Hasn't happened yet - but I am hopeful.

I really like the Artisan frags I've tried but I have to be dipped in them to experience the strong presence I prefer. (Not a problem - this is a very generous sample!! :bounce

Later: The leather showed up! Gaw-juss!
    I too am wearing DZONGKHA today, compliments of Twolf who sent me a generous sample!!! I'm loving the drydown too!

Jo Malone Orange Blossom layered with Bulgari Voile de Jasmin and a couple of spritzes of Kai.

Bois des Iles for me too!
    Currently wearing: Al Mas Attar by Amouage

Chanel No 19 today. I absolutly love this one right now! - But this also scares me a bit, for just a fourthnight ago I absolutley loved Shalimar, and thoughted I was going in to a period of just wanting to wear that one. And now I believe I am going into a period of just wanting Chanel No 19... Have I got myself too wonderful frags with too little time in between?
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Polo Sport for Men
    Gary

Blog Entries

Divine Messe de Minuit after sauna. Perfect match for cuddling up with Bram Stoker's Dracula!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

It's a whiteout here today. Four inches of snow and freezing
    cold. Yves Rocher's COCOON (still not featuring in the basenotes
    directory!!) is a warm cup of hot cocoa laced with patchouli.

Kingdom for me today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Gris Clair for the first part of the day; will be sampling some Montales this evening to get ready for the upcoming Montale review thread that Purplebird mentioned. (Btw, thank YOU Purplebird for suggesting the swap!)

Le Baiser Du Dragon

Balahe

I tragically wore my very last spritz of Chinatown today I was thinking I could not bear to wait until I got near a Saks to purchase a full bottle ( one whole week), then I remembered I had received a generous sample from a basenoter ( bless you Shycat I may survive until next Friday )

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl
    Gris Clair for the first part of the day; will be sampling some Montales this evening to get ready for the upcoming Montale review thread that Purplebird mentioned. (Btw, thank YOU Purplebird for suggesting the swap!)
    COunt me in for that thread! next week is my Montale week, I think , and I am already dipping into my samples. I have a total of ten or eleven! YAY!

Margareta, I hear you re: No. 19. It is a beautiful fragrance and I could totally see wanting to wear it everyday for a good stretch of time. It seems to have multifaceted qualities to it.
    I have also had good experiences layering it with some sweeter or spicier frags. I was surprised at how nicely it supports others. Must be the green.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Suffering a bit of a fragrance slump here, but managed to apply some much neglected Etro Etra today. It was delightful - boozy, aromatic, sheer yet deep. Very reminiscent of my much maligned beauty Chopard Madness.

I am now going to search out something animalic so that I can ressurect my poor neglected animalic layering challenge...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

This morning: continued my Je Reviens sampling project with the edt.

This afternoon: Spritzed on Charlie White for an afternoon refresher.

This evening: Murmure by Van Cleef & Arpels is giving me my jasmine fix.

I guess that's enough for today.

I've continued on with my vanilla week with L'Artisan Vanilia yesterday and Aquolina Pink Sugar today.