Code of Conduct

Default a scent that doesn't "Wear close to the skin"

I'm looking for a cologne that doesn't wear close to the skin, but people around can smell, but lasts long. One that someone can smell your trails..like "Yep, he's been here" after you pass. The one cologne I know of that does this is Armani Code...oh dear..i can smell that many feet away from the wearer...but it's too powdery for me..

Something fresh, original, clean, strong.

Any reasonable recommendations? (less than 70 dollars please!)

Default Re: a scent that doesn't "Wear close to the skin"

Something that stands out in this regard 212 Men - Carolina Herrera.

Glad to see that you stuck it out even after your not-so-warm welcome in the "Curve Kicks" topic... sorry that some people thought the wrong thing about you. We may not be the best at sniffing "plants," but we do know our stuff about cologne!

Anyways, the best projecting (sillage is the term for the "trail" that a fragrance leaves behind) scents that I'm familiar with are:

Fahrenheit by Dior - On the sweet and fruity side, but the sillage goes miles and miles. Many people say it has a "motor oil" like smell to it, which may not be far off, but there's lots of complexity to this fragrance, and it's wonderful in colder weather.

Joop! - Probably the sillage king of the universe. Very fruity, give it a try first!

Opium pour Homme by YSL - One of my all-time favorites. Puts out good sillage, and smells absolutely wonderful

Kouros by YSL - Possibly the most controverisal fragrance on this board. In a nutshell, it's Nag Champa incense made into a masterpiece of a cologne.

Gaultier˛ - Sweet grape Bubble-Yum bubble gum and vanilla that somehow works incredibly well as a fragrance.

A*Men - Another controverial fragrance. Chocolate, caramel, and other sweet things offset by a "tar" note. Ladies seem to go ga-ga over this stuff, but use sparingly or you'll suffocate yourself.

Rive Gauche by YSL - Cleanliness and class in a bottle. It's like Barbasol shave lotion, but many, many times deeper and complex.

There's plenty more out there, but these are the first ones that come to mind. See if you can't hunt any of these down, and give 'em a shot!

Kouros by YSL and Egoiste by Chanel would have been my choices. Kouros is more potent in leaving a trail....

kouros, they can still smell it at my old job 4 months after i left!
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Givenchy's Pi (EDP) is the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by G Man
    The one cologne I know of that does this is Armani Code...oh dear..i can smell that many feet away from the wearer...
    I've always considered Armani Code to be a very subtle scent. If you think it's strong, then I dare you to try scents such as the following:

Thierry Mugler - A*men
    Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male
    Joop - Joop Pour Homme
    Alfred Sung - Alfred Sung Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    Yves Saint Laurent - Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme Eau de Parfum