Code of Conduct

Default Going out to the bar, Which Cologne?

So a bunch of people from work are going out to the bar on Saturday. I didn't even plan on going, but i found out a girl I'm interested in is going to be attending. So now I'm wondering, What sent to i wear? I'm going to list the colognes i have, maybe you friendly people could give me some feedback on this. Thanks

Creed - Git
    Gucci - Envy
    Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
    Ralph Lauren - Polo Black
    Thierry Mugler - A*Men
    Yves Saint Laurent - Live Jazz
    And lol
    Proctor & Gamble - Old Spice

Default Re: Going out to the bar, Which Cologne?

I would wear A*Men for it is one of long time favorites. The scent will get noticed even in a bar environment, especially once your body temperature goes up.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

A*Men or Envy
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

I'd play it save if your planning on courting. Envy is nice, wear it on your wrists and inner elbow. If she doesn't like it and it's on your neck or chest, you'll probably go home alone.

Good Luck,

Basenotes Institution

A*men - hands down...not my favorite frag, but I'd wear it if I were in your shoes...

Personally, I would not go with A*Men. Despite some posts I've seen to the contrary, I find women tend not to like it that much. I've never had a compliment while wearing it.

Creeds on the other hand (I own MI, GIT and Himalaya) seem to invariably cause women to nuzzle up. One evening I wore GIT to the bar, I had no less than 4 girls say I smelled incredible and ask me what I was wearing. Funny thing is, I'm not even super crazy about GIT (MI and Himalaya I love).

Anyway, my vote goes to GIT.

Genvy all the way.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I've had MONSTER success with GIT; its been unbelievable for me. Look at a thread I posted last year for a great story. Too bad I have a GF.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Envy at the wrists. And try to get some on her wrists. If she's wearing something at her wrists and you like it, ask for a date.

I would go with Envy, to me it is both a safe choice and a good choice. Women seem to really like it. A-Men is a gamble, that is a love it or hate it fragrance. I'm not personally a fan of GIT but it is another good choice.

Which ever fragrance you choose, DON'T OVER APPLY!!! An inviting whiff of fragrance attracts women but an overpowering assault drives them away.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Select the one that makes you feel the most confident and in control. I'm guessing that's likely to be A*Men. She'll respond more to charm and confidence than your fragrance.

I'll chime in, as others have, in recommending either GIT or Envy in this case. A*Men is unnecessary risk in this situation.

But, like sloan said, choose whatever makes you feel most confident, then forget about it. You wouldn't want to think your success was do to a fragrance, would you?

Yes i agree confidence is most important, women can sense that kinda thing very well. But i figure having a nice scent on me can only help, right?

So far i think I'm going to be going with the Git, It's one of my favorites right now.

Now lets just hope i don't pull another stunt like the last time i went to the bar.

Envy and GIT. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston_Smith
    Yes i agree confidence is most important, women can sense that kinda thing very well. But i figure having a nice scent on me can only help, right?

So far i think I'm going to be going with the Git, It's one of my favorites right now.

Now lets just hope i don't pull another stunt like the last time i went to the bar.
    using "Stevies" voice from "The Family Guy".

oh do tell...

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    using "Stevies" voice from "The Family Guy".

oh do tell...
    Well i guess we are all mature people here, Right?

A coworker was moving out south, so we decided to go out to send her off. I knew everything was going downhill when we started drinking about an hour before we even left for the bar. So by the time we even got ready to leave everyone but the DD was feeling pretty good. So we jump in the van to head over, and the girls decide they need to show off some "assets". So we get to the bar and one of the girls whips out.............. a bottle of Jose Cuervo (nasty stuff) so we all have a few swigs off the bottle before we head in. So we head into the bar, i stumble into the bar. Stumbling into a bar is not a good thing, ever.

So we are in the bar, and really we should have been kicked out as soon as we walked in. I had a Guinness and a shot of Jameson, then another shot of Jameson. So as you can all i see i should have stoped drinking at before i even had the Jameson. But no we decide to go out and have a few more shots from the bottle. So out we go stumbling about, this is the point when everything gets "fuzzy". So we get our drinks, and for some reason i feel the need to attack a brick wall with my head, don't worry i didn't damage the wall.

We head back in and i sit down next to some girl. So i'm sitting there and i look over and she's starting at me. So of course being pretty free i say, What you looking at? you want something? And i get an answer i never expected, she says i want your ****. OH Ok, Um Um Um...... 20 minutes later i'm back in the bar.

So we decided to head out, but we got to stop at the 24 hour quick mart to get some food ya know? So we walk in, well stumble in....... and i lay on the floor and start swimming, yes you read that right swimming in the middle of a quick stop at 2:30 in the morning. The cahsier is looking at me like i'm on acid or something, and all the people with me are just laughing there heads off.

And thats pretty much it, i managed to pull myself out of the quick stop ocean and we headed for home.

One of the Funnest, Weirdest, unlike me nights ever. I'm not one to go to the bar to often, or drink to excess either, but something clicked that night. So now you know the story, I'm not one to shy away from telling a story. Even if the story does cast me in a bit of a bad light.

Oh and that girl, well we ended up dating for about a month.

My vote goes to Lolita Lempicka
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

I'm not gonna tell you what you should wear (and believe me I know) until you tell us more stories like that one.

What were you wearing that night?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Re: Going out to the bar, Which Cologne?

A*Men is the only gourmand I'm a big fan of, yet I would vote against it. Although it is very pleasant and likeable if applied correctly, you might want to go with way safer GIT. Way more important issue than the actual fragrance you choose, is to spritz conservatively. Fragrance isn't really very seductive if one can smell it all the time, surprising whiffs that special girl gets when she is close to you can be very pleasant, way more intimate and personal than a cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    I'm not gonna tell you what you should wear (and believe me I know) until you tell us more stories like that one.

I concur!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder

lol, Tag Midnight

I've since moved on from such things.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Going out to the bar, Which Cologne?

Well, if it wasn't British Sterling, then it was...nothing at all?

No wonder she wanted your ****. When the bugler plays 'Colors' the true soldier stands at attention!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

GIT and Envy, of which i say Envy only because the GIT disappears after a few hours or sooner if you get heated up.

Have not tried the Lempicka.