Code of Conduct

Default Fresh - Tobacco Flower, any love out there?

I have had this for about a year now and really enjoy it in warmer weather, but wore it last night and it is really nice in cold weather as well.

Why doesn't this unique smelling frag get more attention? For 3.4 ounces at 55$, it is a good deal. Can you think of any other frag that smells similar?
    Is an EDC but has the longevity of an EDT IMHO.

Feel free to praise or trash

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Fresh - Tobacco Flower, any love out there?

Have you smelled Velvet Rope by Apothia - I think it's strikingly similar to Fresh TF, but with a little 'booze' note in it (juniper, I guess?)

Wink Re: Fresh - Tobacco Flower, any love out there?

I'm really drawn to tobacco notes, but I find TF fades fast on me. Also, there's something sweet going on with all the Fresh scents that I find a little too "easy" for me - no edge. Does that make sense? I would love to find a real nice tobacco scent, I liked The Dreamer for awhile and then came to my "senses". My nose is still searching for that perfect tobacco note. I did try a Creed today, Cyprès Musc, I really loved it and I swear it has something tobacco going on in it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I would love to find a real nice tobacco scent,

I think you would love a bottle of Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

I wore it yesterday and I was actually thinking of you when I wore it because up to yesterday the previous four scents I'd sampled hadn't wowed me, but TV yesterday did wow me. It has the most luxurious pipe tobacco and vanilla note interwoven in the top notes I've ever smelled. The drydown is slightly 'playdoh'-ish, but it's not as annoying as Luctor et Emergo (People of the Labyrinths) is...

Of the five TF's I've tried, this one stands out. And it stands out because of the tobacco.

In addition, it does NOT resemble Fresh's sugar notes at all.

Wink Re: Fresh - Tobacco Flower, any love out there?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think you would love a bottle of Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

I wore it yesterday and I was actually thinking of you when I wore it because up to yesterday the previous four scents I'd sampled hadn't wowed me, but TV yesterday did wow me. It has the most luxurious pipe tobacco and vanilla note interwoven in the top notes I've ever smelled. The drydown is slightly 'playdoh'-ish, but it's not as annoying as Luctor et Emergo (People of the Labyrinths) is...

Of the five TF's I've tried, this one stands out. And it stands out because of the tobacco.

In addition, it does NOT resemble Fresh's sugar notes at all.
    Mike, when I tried Tobacco Vanille my initial reaction was not good - it smelled like a tobacco gourmand. But on your recommendation, I will try it again. So far, my favorite TF is Tuscan Leather.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 13th May 2007 at 11:19 PM.

This one is pleasant enough, but boring, to my nose. I wore it a few times back when I didn't have so very many choices; I did enjoy it when I was in the mood for it. True, it is lighter and less sweet than a lot of tobacco scents. But I repeatedly forget it exists, and I can't imagine that I would ever miss it, crave it, or think twice about passing my decant along to a new home.