Code of Conduct

Default Recommended Online Stores - Europe?

Hullo

I'm always a little wary of purchasing online, but it's looking like I'll have to bite the bullet because I simply can't find a local store which stocks the fragrances I like.

Could anyone recommend an online store which stocks a wide range of quality fragrances at competitive prices, who ship to Spain, and whom offer a reliable service?

Yours truly

Tommy
    I Thang You!

Favourites: Knize Ten, Creed Royal English Leather, Creed Cuir de Russie, Acqua di Parma Colonia, Helmut Lang Cuiron, Creed Zeste Mandarine Pampelmousse

Default Re: Recommended Online Stores - Europe?

In addition to the list of Giannis here's a couple more

www.fragrancedirect.co.uk
    www.dutyfreeperfume.co.uk
    www.garden.co.uk

-Tero-

www.fragrancenet.com (good and fast service, shipping to Europe ca. 11 USD)

Hullo

Thank you all so much verily.

I have just ordered some of my beloved Knize Ten from First in Fragrance.

It's a shame to order online, especially when I had such a great choice of retailers in London. Unfortunately, the choice in Spain is dreadful. A niche in the market for someone!

Yours truly

Tommy
    I Thang You!

Favourites: Knize Ten, Creed Royal English Leather, Creed Cuir de Russie, Acqua di Parma Colonia, Helmut Lang Cuiron, Creed Zeste Mandarine Pampelmousse

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/

Excellent customer service and nice selection.

has anyone used an online company called perfumeonly?

i'd be interested to hear any good or bad experiences.

Yours truly

Tommy
    I Thang You!

I'm also looking for a shop to order online, because I'm looking for some Comme des garçons series 3, really hard to find here in Spain.

What about taxes/ duties/ VAT? Any european customer could tell us an online shop that doesn't charge duties? I mean, most American shops warn you about possible taxes payment once the order reaches your country. Is there the same problem with European shops? I've heard about cases (not fragances, but other items) coming overseas when the parcel has been kept at Customs until the recipient has payed some taxes (VAT/ IVA, etc).

I'd also like to choose Post Service method (and NOT UPS or similar) for shipping so...

any of the above shops match these conditions?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Durban; 5th March 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Cool Re: Recommended Online Stores - Europe?

[QUOTE=Durban]I'm also looking for a shop to order online, because I'm looking for some Comme des garçons series 3, really hard to find here in Spain.

You can find the cDG range at Isolee in Madrid and Bafumeria, twice have their own online website and you can buy stuff.
    If you´re loking for the CDG 3 and you don´t smell it yet I can give you a sample.
    If you need any futher info about perfume shopping in Madrid, for instance, just contact me

chao
    Luis
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

vaya! gracias luis!
    Great online shops I didn't know.
    Now I just have to save some money so I can order 2-3 in just one delivery, jeje.
    Un saludo

Quote Originally Posted by Durban
    What about taxes/ duties/ VAT? Any european customer could tell us an online shop that doesn't charge duties? I mean, most American shops warn you about possible taxes payment once the order reaches your country. Is there the same problem with European shops? I've heard about cases (not fragances, but other items) coming overseas when the parcel has been kept at Customs until the recipient has payed some taxes (VAT/ IVA, etc).
    The good old Treaty of European Union ensures that you do not pay any additional taxes for consumer goods bought for your own use. That doesn't mean that customs won't try to do that - just that they are breach of European law if they do.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

strawberrynet.com has worked for me. The prices are not the very cheapest though.

You might try:
    www.skins.nl in the netherlands
    www.theperfumeshoppe.com in Canada
    www.lessenteurs.com in the UK has a nice sample service
    www.luckyscent.com is great!
    www.fragrancenet.com has proven reliable
    - at least to Norway as all of the above have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsual View Post
    ...www.luckyscent.com is great!
    www.fragrancenet.com has proven reliable
    - at least to Norway as all of the above have as well.
    I searched the forum and still didn't find the answer: Are people forced to pay any taxes or customs when ordering from USA/Canada ?

Quote Originally Posted by kdo View Post
    I searched the forum and still didn't find the answer: Are people forced to pay any taxes or customs when ordering from USA/Canada ?
    Absolutely, most unfortunately. If you're in the EU and order from another EU country, you pay no import duties. If, however, you order from a non-EU country, like the US or Canada, your package is subject to import duties for items worth more than € 22 (or thereabouts, I've forgotten the exact amount). Here in Austria, pretty much all the packages I order from the US are opened; on occasion I get lucky and one slips through.
    For swap/sale: Dior Leather Oud, Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Quote Originally Posted by kdo View Post
    This depends. In theory, yes, everone should pay VAT/customs duties when importing, however the customs very seldom has the time or manpower to go through all packages and tax them. Sometimes online vendors lower the value of the product stated in the customs paper to lower the costs for you, so it depends on where you order from as well. From my experience of ordering online from countries outside the EU (not just frags, but many different things) I'd say it's a bit of a gamble. Sometimes you get "caught" and sometimes you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    This depends. In theory, yes, everone should pay VAT/customs duties when importing, however the customs very seldom has the time or manpower to go through all packages and tax them. Sometimes online vendors lower the value of the product stated in the customs paper to lower the costs for you, so it depends on where you order from as well. From my experience of ordering online from countries outside the EU (not just frags, but many different things) I'd say it's a bit of a gamble. Sometimes you get "caught" and sometimes you don't.
    This has also been my experience. It often happens that the seller declares a value for the fragrance item below the amount paid and below the amount needed for the exacting any import tax (which is approximately 22 Euros where I live). Sometimes, the declared value was high enough to get an added tax but apparently the postal services have simply been too busy or overlooked the declared value! In my case, I've most often NOT had to pay import tax - surprising as that might sound. But it does happen that I have to pay the import tax.

Thumbs up Re: Recommended Online Stores - Europe?

ebear, RichardK, scentsual -- thanks for the replies! Precisely what I needed to know!