Code of Conduct

Default So I have a first date.... need suggestions.

So I have a first date. Got the clothes picked out, where to go but not the scent. My wardrobe is up to date now with my last 4 purchases.

Oh back ground on the lucky girl. 28 teacher, coffee drinker, sarcastic. Thinks of me as big metro... I am for around here.

Clothes for me: dark jeans, blue and white shirt unless I find a new black shirt. Some kick butt brown shoes.

Have fun suggesting
    -iStink

Default Re: So I have a first date.... need suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by iStink
    So I have a first date. Got the clothes picked out, where to go but not the scent. My wardrobe is up to date now with my last 4 purchases.

Oh back ground on the lucky girl. 28 teacher, coffee drinker, sarcastic. Thinks of me as big metro... I am for around here.

Clothes for me: dark jeans, blue and white shirt unless I find a new black shirt. Some kick butt brown shoes.

Have fun suggesting
    Brut, lots and lots of Brut, that should erase the "metro" tag right away... might erase any chance of getting a second date with this woman as well, but hey, we all have to take risks from time to time ;-)

go with D&G. It's inoffensive and generally liked among everyone. save the A*men and Obsession for maybe the 3rd date?

A light spritz of the Nobile. Gentlemanly, elegant without calling attention to itself, a dash a maturity and nothing she is likely to have encountered before.

Joe

PS I said "light"!

I have enough Nobile for a spritz. I'm going to order a bottle soon before its all gone, I do like it a lot.
    -iStink

Metro eh?

Can prob pull off The Dreamer
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

i wouldn't worry about it too much! She'll be dating 50-year old men in a few years.

That's just life.

Are you really interested in this woman? "How" interested? Do you think you might have a future? Scent is the least of your problems.
    blackguard, n.
    3 : an inverted gentleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWEOaosGDi0
    ... oů flotte l'étendard ...
    ... Ich will die Ruhe stören ...
    ... Stand up and admit it! ...

Best of luck on your date . I would recommend you wear Desire for a Man I love that one! Dreamer was also a great suggestion but I did not see it in your wardrobe. In fact my hubby was wearing it when we first met .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

to be honest... Women don't get interested with you b/c of how good you smell, it's how good you look and how you charm her...ALSO, if she's even interested in you.

Smell is just a plus...it's not going to get you anything more than apparently good hygien and a nice comment. It does make you seem more of a gentlemen and more mature...as long as the clothing goes with it..which it seems you already have down, so good luck!

anyway..try..

COOL WATER. so 80s, but you know what? More people had sex in the 80's, go figure.

i second the d & g suggestion...perhaps let it dry down a bit..sarcastic you say...if its true to form she will mention your wearing it...of course she will notice ... no worry there...

enjoy
    wolf

Well the scent is important. She knows how I am, a shopper, non macho, very metro. She also knows that the last time I went shopping, I spent quite a bit on frags. So yes, I must smell good.

Far as like the girl, as much as you can at this stage. We've talked on the phone quite a bit, text alot so we have a good feel for each others personality. Also neither of us dated for almost a year.

I know scent is not a make or break deal but I do try to impress. Not for me but for the girl I'm with sakes. Beside, a lot of women know the scent their partner wore the first time they meet. True it doesn't matter but it doesn't hurt.

Trust me when I say I'm not looking for a panty droping tonic to wear but rather a scent to complete a package. Now that's a metro answer
    -iStink

Quote Originally Posted by G Man
    Smell is just a plus...it's not going to get you anything more than apparently good hygien and a nice comment. It does make you seem more of a gentlemen and more mature...as long as the clothing goes with it..which it seems you already have down, so good luck!
    I disagree. Smelling nice shows that a person is well groomed... It also shows that a person has actually made the effort to try to impress... that is always flattering for the lady... which of course is the key on initial impressions

Keep us posted on how the date goes...
    I also own Desire for a Man and it is a safe bet as well
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

M7 would be a good choice

She knows how I am, a shopper, non macho, very metro.
    You know the term "metro", but what does it mean to YOU? Who are you?

... i'd like to help you. So help me help you. What does "non-macho" mean"? Forget the silly bullshit. You are ... male. What is that, exactly?

For instance, i was in San Francisco on business in my early twenties. Think i stayed at Westin on Union Square. I couldn't step out of the freaking hotel without getting hit on. "Sexy!" Don't get me wrong; i was flattered, another human being wants to bang me - that's hot! Still, unfortunately, i'm way straight.

All right, right off the bat, i see you're doing the online thing with its oddities. That's okay. You will learn something from the experience.

Want the bottom line? If you want to have sex with this woman, be what she wants you to be. If you have long-term interest, be yourself and see how it pans out.

Good luck!
    blackguard, n.

Being myself, if I just want to get laid I wouldn't put in the effort. Sounds weird? Nope... look at my location, Alabama.... ALABAMA. Most
    guys wear camo on dates and their University of Alabama ball hat that happens to be matching Mossy Oak. That is the typical male in this area... I'm not that.
    Simple question I'm asking... Hey I want to smell nice. What do you guys suggest because I'm lost?

Myself will be there, it has been for 29 years.
    -iStink

Michael Kors for Men. But if you don't have that, then I'll second the D and G PH.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

I'm a woman and I would like to see you in Drakkar Noir.
    I have to confess I am a newbie at frags and haven't sniffed a lot of the male frags yet, but I like the notes in this, I see you gave it four stars in your wardrobe, so you must like it... and well, that's my two scents.
    Hope you have fun and really connect...if it's meant to be.

p.s. my choice is from your wardrobe. but I would also suggest SL Gris Clair. Makes one want to snuggle.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Being myself, if I just want to get laid I wouldn't put in the effort. Sounds weird? Nope... look at my location, Alabama.... ALABAMA.
    Alabama, Shm-alabama, who cares? i've traveled extensively. Take her to Asheville in one of the Corolinas, i think the North.

How old are you? I say that ... respectfully.
    blackguard, n.

Ah... thought about your question. What is male... to me.

So here is my answer but true to me, I have to set it up.

I get crap from guys cause I'm well kept, artsy, ware cologne, iron my own clothes, polish my shoes, buy my own clothes, read fashion mags, and don't chew tobacco.

So my answer is always this.

Oh... I iron my clothes, polish my shoes, and buy my clothes. You what... have your wife iron them or your mom. They pick out your clothes too... WOW. I haven't had a female buy my clothes since I was a kid. Your a kid. I'm a man... take care of myself, iron my clothes, pick out my clothes. THAT'S being a man.

Now add a trash mouth and you got me. A now assured of himself guy that isn't afraid to show it AND tell you about it.

What I consider male, others call metro. Get my statement now?

P.S. - I like ranting on this type of conversation.

Now back to our normal discussion of silage and top notes.
    --------------------------------------
    Age 29

Last 3 girlfriends 20, 19 and 21. Dated younger, don't know why but I did.
    Age 29

Last 3 girlfriends 20, 19 and 21. Dated younger, don't know why but I did.
    Last edited by iStink; 11th February 2007 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -iStink

Ah... thought about your question. What is male... to me. Oh... I iron my clothes, polish my shoes, and buy my clothes. You what... have your wife iron them or your mom. They pick out your clothes too... WOW.
    i'm sorry, you're a bit of a moron with a comprehension problem. You've wasted too much of my time. Have a good day.

... and good luck, anyway! i'm not entirely ... heartless.

edit: read some of my posts. Perhaps you'll have a better idea. Frankly, since there's so much "disconnect" i don't think i can do anything for you.
    Last edited by CoTHukoB; 11th February 2007 at 04:49 AM.
    blackguard, n.

iStink, your straight up approach is ready to roll.
    Of all the scents in the wardrobe, the Rive Gauche would be my choice, lightly applied.

Dave

Last edited by iStink; 11th February 2007 at 06:03 AM. Reason: remove post
    -iStink

Ok...

Moron?

Well I'll take the high road on this an just shut my mouth cause this
    is just a forum.
    Yes, you SHOULD shut your mouth. You came here seeking some advice. I offered you some, but you took a pre-buscent, wet-behind-the-ears-one-pubic-hair-showing-balls-haven't-dropped-yet attitude towards it. Shut your mouth, or i WILL hurt your feelings.

Be smart. It will serve you for the rest of your life. Think first, speak later. Have good one!
    blackguard, n.

Last edited by iStink; 11th February 2007 at 06:05 AM. Reason: REMOVE
    -iStink

Wow...

You made me cry.

Really... I'll go play in traffic now. Do you know of a good scent so I wont smell like routing flesh when the police find me?
    "routing" flesh?

No idea what that is. However, i'd burn you for firewood. It's kinda cold in the northeast.
    blackguard, n.

Last edited by iStink; 11th February 2007 at 06:06 AM. Reason: REMOVE
    -iStink

Rotting flesh.

Hey you gotta love T9 prefective text.

You know what man you remind me of a good friend of mine. Honestly I find you funny.

Have a good day.
    DAMN...

T9 predictive text not
    prefective text
    Laughter is important. So is not taking yourself too seriously.

You are dismissed.

Irrelevant.
    blackguard, n.

Those that made a suggestion, thanks! Keep them coming.
    Last edited by iStink; 11th February 2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Spelling
    -iStink

My choices would be Angel Men or Rive Gauche. I was going to say Obsession or D&G PH, but those fragrances are more common, you'd want to stick out and be more original. Plus I'd think they'd be better on a more romantic occasion. Angel Men sounds good, considering she's a coffee drinker, she'd might like it. Also, Rive Gauche is really macho and elegant, but it doesn't sound like it fits your attire. If you're wearing the black shirt, do with RG, if not then go with the A*men, but remember go light with the RG.

Those that made a suggestion, thanks! Keep them coming.
    That's what I'd say! I'm happy to have a look at the wardrobe, offer my pick from it, and wish a fellow Basenotes member good luck and best wishes for fantastic chemistry.

Nice range in the collection, by the way. I like a lot of the recommendations from sympathetic members already on this thread. Drakkar Noir is a good one to see anyone consider--I still love that juice. Also, you rate it highly. Four out of five stars. Maybe you'll feel great wearing it if you pick it, and that's good enough reason to pick it. For my suggestion, I'd say go with one you like best so that you'll feel like you're in a favorite. Pick from your own highest ratings.

You haven't rated Rive Gauche PH yet, so I guess it doesn't quite count, but I'd rate that as a very fun one for dates myself. It doesn't smell like Drakkar Noir, but like DN, it's a basic and perfect general scent and will smell great without making you smell all wrapped up in scent or like you're hungry like the wolf. From things that I favor, RG would be one I'd lean toward, so consider it along with your favorites as well as the other suggestions on this thread.

Best date fun to you! I hope her sarcasm is directed everywhere else but at you. That makes for a fun date for sure. All the same, if it goes otherwise with the sarcasm, it looks to me like you sure can take it well.

Best,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

D&G ALL the way.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Lightbulb Re: So I have a first date.... need suggestions.

Have fun suggesting
    I'd go with D&G Pour Homme or Obsession for Men.
    They both great scents and absoulutely inoffensive - which is very imortant on the first date I suppose.

my new when in doubt what to wear or to advise is:
    wear R de Capucci

If she likes coffee, try IL PROFUMO's Chocolat: Santal Blanc might work

I forgot to add. Scents not rated I have had less then a week. Still getting a feel towards how long they last on me.

Drakkar I do like but my ex bought it for me as a gift. Memory
    attachments would keep me from wearing it. She would bite me when I wore it.
    -iStink