Code of Conduct

Default M7 discontinued?

I've heard this twice now, once at the men's fragrance counter at Bloomingdale's, and again at Saks.

Has M7 really been discontinued? Or is this just a sales tactic to encourage me to buy something they actually have in stock?

Default Re: M7 discontinued?

It's still on the YSL site - maybe it's just Saks and Bloomingdale's aren't going to carry it any more. Macy's used to have it, but they've ditched the whole YSL line.

look for the YSL website and send some e-mail or give them a call? Was it a YSL rep you heard this from or an SA. Because I wouldn't trust an SA in Atlanta as far as I could throw her/him. Especially not one working at Saks or Bloomingdales. Was she hot looking?

Just an SA. What is odd is they had other YSL fragrances in stock.

OK, cool, I just wanted to see if this was some common knowledge I hadn't heard about yet.

Thanks yall.

M7 isn't truly discontinued per se in the States... it's only "officially" sold in YSL boutiques now.

Oddly enough, it's still sold virtually everywhere in Europe...
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

being fairly new to scents, designers and their marketing...its puzzling at least...some staples are 60+ years old and almost common household names...yet others, though they have a large customer base and get many great reviews, on this site, may just be taken off the shelves of major dep't stores.

I thought the SA at Macy's was "new" when i asked for YSL Rive Gouche..and told they don't carry that name. It was like..ice cream...yes..vanilla please...sorry we no longer carry that flavor.

In California the department stores have gone through a merging/melding and where there used to be three now is just one...and the less for it...at least to my recent shopping experience.

I realize that i don't understand the market forces in this industry..but when something is popular and selling...that is a sign to stop selling it...go figure
    wolf

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    M7 isn't truly discontinued per se in the States... it's only "officially" sold in YSL boutiques now.

Oddly enough, it's still sold virtually everywhere in Europe...
    "Officially?"

I've had my eye on a .5oz bottle of this for $10 at Perfume Pizazz...maybe I should snatch it up before it's too late?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    "Officially?"

I've had my eye on a .5oz bottle of this for $10 at Perfume Pizazz...maybe I should snatch it up before it's too late?
    Man, I wish we had a perfume pizazz here in st. louis.

But M7 couldn't possibly be discountinued. Then again, I could've said the same about Nemo before that was discontinued. Why do these companies keep doing this shit.