Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Question similar to JICKY

Which Perfume Is Similar To Jicky Of Guerlain?

Default Re: similar to JICKY

Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur without a doubt
    I've got a decant of Jicky and tried Mouchoir de Monsieur at Harrods on Friday. As the SA got the bottle out I said 'aahh the old 'gentleman's handkerchief''. She looked at me completely blankly. I tried some on my wrist and immediately said that it was very similar to Jicky, that they shared that strong civet note. She looked at me, if possible, even more blankly.

So, to sell Guerlain in a prestigious department store in London you don't have to speak French (surely desirable if not essential) or know the most distinctive notes of the most distinctive fragrances in your line - sigh!

More importantly, shifts is spot on!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

Also Ungaro II
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Very much seconding the Ungaro II.

Understand that Patricia di Nicolai's "New York" is similar to Jicky.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeld39
    I've got a decant of Jicky and tried Mouchoir de Monsieur at Harrods on Friday. As the SA got the bottle out I said 'aahh the old 'gentleman's handkerchief''. She looked at me completely blankly. I tried some on my wrist and immediately said that it was very similar to Jicky, that they shared that strong civet note. She looked at me, if possible, even more blankly.

So, to sell Guerlain in a prestigious department store in London you don't have to speak French (surely desirable if not essential) or know the most distinctive notes of the most distinctive fragrances in your line - sigh!

More importantly, shifts is spot on!
    As if written by a screenwriter for Lost pretty much the same thing has happened to me on the other side of the world at roughly the same time. I have never encountered a Guerlain SA who knew anything specific about Guerlain products, including the civet contents of Jicky (or even what civet is). They seem to be limited to how much it costs.

Guerlain are a great company with a great past but if they are not careful they will be tobogganing downhill into their future. Badly trained SA's, thoughtless reformulation of classics not marked as such, cheap knockoffs of their own products. One word, Guerlain: 'Coty'.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.