Code of Conduct

Default Retiring in 3 days... What to wear the last day?

After 24 years, all with the same stockbrokerage firm, yours truly is retiring and will fade quietly into the night . I worked for IBM(Intercourse Beats Masturbation!) for 21 years prior to that so it's time to go.

Maybe after looking at My Collection, y'all would recommend the frag I should wear my last day, Wednesday the 14th. My "5/5s" or my "5/4s" should be in play .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Default Re: Retiring in 3 days... What to wear the last day?

Without looking: Dorissima Narziß

Relax or Cannabis Santal

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    After 24 years, all with the same stockbrokerage firm, yours truly is retiring and will fade quietly into the night . I worked for IBM(Intercourse Beats Masturbation!) for 21 years prior to that so it's time to go.

Maybe after looking at My Collection, y'all would recommend the frag I should wear my last day, Wednesday the 14th. My "5/5s" or my "5/4s" should be in play .

Dan
    Well, that seems like it calls for congratulations. Free at long last!

I suggest the Patou PH Prive.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

No doubt at all: Divine's beautiful L'Homme Sage!!

The most classy scent to wear, waving 'goodbye'. Even the name is right for the occasion.

They will never ever forget you!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Post Re: Retiring in 3 days... What to wear the last day?

Congratulations Lightninrod! More time for fishing and fragrances, doesn't sound bad at all!

Timbuktu or L'Air du Desert Marocain. It's an important day, you'll better wear a fragrance that is important for you.
    Last edited by Johnny_Ludlow; 12th February 2007 at 02:12 PM.

Congrats Dan - and best wishes...but take it easy on those poor fishes! Looking at your collection, I would have to agree with two already mentioned. Relax (because now you can, and it exudes a little power, just to let everyone know you're still the man), or Sage because that's the station of life you're reaching - been there, done that, know about it.

Congrats, Dan!

I wish you had told us earlier; I'd have sent you some Diptyque L'autre to wear. Nothing says, "I'm outta here!" like expensive Hippy BO.

Just kidding; but honestly, wear whatever you want. It's your day, so wear that scent that you love but never let yourself wear for whatever reason (whether it's too "loud," or not really appropriate for meetings, or whatever). For example, I love Malle VE and/or Dzongkha but I wouldn't ever wear it to a work meeting. So, if it were my last day, I'd probably smatter myself in VE and watch the grass sprout from my footsteps.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Many congrats. My dear old dad is enjoying his second week of retirement after many years of hard work. Seems like you still have plenty of interests to keep you busy, including pondering-what-SotD-for-today time.

L'Homme Sage gets my vote.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

I've thought of most of those too and will probably wear one of them.

It's interesting to see the reasoning behind your picks .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [/URL]

Dan!
    Congratulations!!!!!!

I didn't know that's what IBM meant!

I should think that Patou, Derby, or Lalique would work for your last day, unless you really want to make a strong anti-work statement!

Those fish had better watch out now!! Actually, with all those great frags, they might know you're coming!

Best Wishes, Dave

looks like you need it sent priority mail when you order - wear R de Capucci

very nice warddrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Without looking: Dorissima Narziß
    I have to agree here.
    But make it memorable! Wear a lot of it!

now serously: Congratulations Lightninrod!!

Wear nothing...that's right! GO IN NUDE!!! That'll leave a memory!

But seriously, Cannabis Santal is classy, modern, sweet and suave, just like you seem to be.

God Bless, Chuck

Congrats Dan! Poor fish have to worry about their new full time threat! Go for your Divine l'homme Sage! plus, it's valentine's day on your retirement day!

Another for L'Homme Sage.

Congratulations!

Many congratulations! It sounds like you've worked in classy environments most of your career, and you are probably classy to boot. Therefore, providing that you really like/love the choice, I think you should stamp this chapter of your life as definitively as you can. Toward that end, I would have joined Eluard and recommended Jean Patou Pour Homme Prive, but I notice this superb scent sits unranked in your collection.

For that reason, sticking to your 5/5 and 5/4 ranked scents, I have to recommend Guerlain Derby. Frankly, I think Guerlain Heritage would be even better to close out this chapter of your life with, but it appears you do not own this; for shame.

All the best, Sir!

Jeff

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to look at MC and to post your thoughts.

Jeff: My oversight on the ratings . Just made it a 4/4. Wasn't that "classy" while cleaning fish in my Dad's tiny fish/grocery store as a teenager. Almost impossible to get the fish smell out of my skin and fingernails. I was a little less than classy when 'wrenching' for Delta Airlines(after getting my A&P license after high school) as a mechanic, working on DC 6s and 7s.

Dave: I thought that IBM 'description' might get a laugh or two. It also stands for "I've Been Moved"( they moved me to Key West from Miami, back to Miami, and then on to middle GA), "Itty Bitty Machines", etc.

So far, it looks as though L'HS is 'winning' .

It's 65 degrees outside with bright sunshine and I should be fishing....in shorts........ but NOT 'NEKKID' !

Dan

[/URL]

IM humble O I'd go with Rive Gauche. Its strikes me a dignified and classy. It simply states you're in the presence of a gentlemen. That's the note I'd want to leave with my colleagues.

And congratulations!

Vince

Hearty recommendations for L'homme sage. Really, what better perfume for the "last" day?
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Congrats.

CONGRATULATIONS Dan, wish you the best.

I could not agree more on Robyogi's recs , his reasoning behind those selections were great.

May I ask you your reason for picking Valentine's day for your last day ?
    Was it to tell your DW that you are all her's now .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I was a little less than classy when 'wrenching' for Delta Airlines(after getting my A&P license after high school) as a mechanic, working on DC 6s and 7s.

Dan
    Congratulations on your retirement!

And, as a big fan of commercial aviation, what was it like working on those "Golden Crown" DC-6 and DC-7 'Deltaliners" in those early days? Was it stinky? Were the mechanics happy when Delta got those very first DC-8 and Convair 880 jets, or did you move into "International Biscuit Machines" by then?

Still, speaking of Delta, I'm glad to see that "Fly Delta Jets" sign at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport lit up again.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 12th February 2007 at 06:33 PM.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Congratulations.....sounds like you have had an interesting working career.

I say wear whatever you want...what do feel the most comfortable in?
    I like L'air du desert Marocain or L'Homme Sage.

Congratulations!! Wish I could retire...!!

I guess I would wear something a bit extravagant, giving away a bit of my personality, and also representing a scence of freedom I suppose....

I see Patou Prive has been mentioned, good choice, Patou Pour Homme would be good, maybe Ambre Precieux MPG,something more night time....

If you want to have a laugh, something retro, try to get your hands on Millionaire by Mennen....!!!

Take care!

Wow. I really got beat to L'Homme Sage. You could also wear Relax.
    Very, very big congratulations. That is really cool man.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Congratulations Dan! I have to say, I cannot immagine you fading into the night!
    Wear something austere and business like for your last day, then step out of there and put on your most outrageous uplifting floral or rose scent and enjoy the contrast!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Retiring in 3 days... What to wear the last day?

Pick the one YOU like to wear the most and wear it. It will be the right one. Enjoy your retirement!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Congatulations,Dan!
    Finally,you`ll have enough time to date young women.
    L`Homme Sage or Relax.Or both (just kidding)
    Have a great day
    Current top five:JPG Classique,Chanel Coco,Lolita Lempicka EDP,Armani Emporio SHE,Opium

Congrats on retirement! Why not start the next chapter with a new addition to your great collection. Go for it! Pick something to buy off your wish list and wear it for the first time on your last day.

Best wishes...stay well!

Wow! I am humbled by the thoughtful and eager replies.

I'll decide what to wear Wednesday morning.

Vijay: Valentines Day wasn't an arbitrary choice. It was on that day/date back in 1983 that I was hired by the Macon branch manager of Robinson Humphrey, a Southern boutique brokerage firm. It was sold and then its successor was sold again, until Citigroup's Smith Barney became the last(?) buyer. Through all those years, we retained the core group of brokers, managers, and sales assistants(from which I received ten individual hugs). It's been a wonderful place to work and I will miss them.

Mikey: Too late for that unless my bottles of Colonia Assoluta(what does that word mean?) and Musc Ravageur arrive tomorrow.

Viven: You are the sweetess one young Lady.

MF: The DC 8s were flying then(early 1960s) but I never touched one. Those huge radials on the 6s and 7s were something; large turbochargers everywhere you looked! I was glad to find a job at IBM(I've Been Misled) as working all night long on and around aircraft was dangerous for me.

Again, thank you all for the kind words of encouragement and well wishes.

Dan

[/URL]

A good suit, a good frag — a distinguished ending to a distinguished career.

But at the last moment, blast out of some large speakers Thirteenth Floor Elevator's You're Gonna Miss me. For something totally unhinged.

Good luck!
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Dan, do let us know what you chose to wear that day .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

summer means fireflys

Dan, you have a lot of great scents to choose from ... Some of my very favorites, including: Derby, Fumerie Turque, L'Air du Desert Marocain, A*Man ... any of those (+all that have been mentioned) would be wonderful ... but for some reason I'm thinking L'Instant.

Congratulations and enjoy your retirement!

(Does this mean that you are going to be too busy to be on BN Thursday??? )
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thumbs up Re: Retiring in 3 days... What to wear the last day?

May you be very happy, relaxed and enjoy life to the fullest for many, many decades.

As far as your last day, and once again I am late with my vote, I go with the L'homme Sage absolutely. Class, style, and grace. A jaunty wave, a "thank you" and your dash of L'homme, and they will say, "what a class act he is".

Joe

Thrax

L'air du Desert Marocain. Give them something to remember, Dan!

Congratulations! May you enjoy the fruits of your hard earned labor for many years to come. I too vote for L'Homme Sage.

I'm in Macon GA once a month. Terre d'Hermes works well for me there!

The Parisian at the Macon Mall has a decent selection. Better than their Dillards and Macy's, IMHO. Swing by and splurge a little!

Congrats!

You should go with one spray of everything! That'll make your last day one you'll never forget!

Okay, just kidding.

geez does it have to fall on my shouders again?...

KOUROS!!! Drench yourself!!!

or....
    one of your 5-star frags that for some reason you never seem to wear, if any. somehow, the calculus seems like it would have more specialness afterwards, and hence ease any guilt you may have about not waering it more frequently. make sense? but maybe you don't have any scents like that.

in any case, congratulations, and happy fishing.
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

Oh yes, Musc Ravageur. Maybe even overdo it a little. What are they gonna do, fire you?? Mwahahaha!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Go get 'em tomorrow! And share your SotD! Have fun!

Congrats; you've reached a significant milestone. When I think of retirement, I think of cigars, sharing stories. On that note (pun intended), I say go with a cigar/tabacco scent!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Thank you again for all of your thoughts and replies. Warms my heart to see so many of y'all offer your best wishes and frag ideas to this "ol man".

For my last, official day at work, it's L'Homme Sage ...

Kisses and Hugs to all the Ladies of Bn.

High '5s' to my male Bn buddies!

Dan

[/URL]

Dear Dan, 'Sage' man,

I hope you will have the 'time of your life' today. And please, for the future, take a laptop with you when you go fishing

We don't want to be without your great posts!
    I wish you all the happiness life can give you. Enjoy it to the fullest!

(((hug)))
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

You started on the cognac and cigars yet Dan?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Thank you again for all of your thoughts and replies. Warms my heart to see so many of y'all offer your best wishes and frag ideas to this "ol man".

For my last, official day at work, it's L'Homme Sage ...

Kisses and Hugs to all the Ladies of Bn.

High '5s' to my male Bn buddies!

Dan

I'm a little late to this thread, Dan. Just wanted to congratulate you on reaching this milestone...and wish you the very best as you begin this new and exciting chapter of your life(sounds like you've worked hard for it.)

Great fragrance choice, Dan...probably would have been my suggestion after looking over your wardrobe. Tomorrow...you should wear a fragrance previously unworn(maybe your musk ravageur has arrived?), if possible...to signify a new beginning.

I envy you in your retirement...it couldnt be happening to a nicer guy. Truly.

Kim

There should be no question....Derby of course! It's dry formality and imperiousness befits a retiring stockbroker.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Y'all are the best!

FWIW, no one mentioned my Divne but I thought it smelled good. Had another surprise at work this morning as those same Ladies showed up at my office door and told me I was invited to eat breakfast with them in our snack room. They'd made cheese grits(you yankees may not know of the delicious 'grit') and breakfast casseroles(two with eggs, cheese, sausage, etc.) They'd bought pastries, biscuits, cookies, and donuts with chocolate milk, orange juice, and fresh fruit. We ate good although I'd already had breakfast at home but I still ate with them. There's just something about Southern Women and their cooking......

My saga isn't quite over. My b/m was out today so he called and asked me to come in tomorrow as we have to complete the b/m/employee-leaving meeting. I'm assuming he'll go over all the things that were required to complete my leaving. He and SmithBarney have been very good to me. Their 401K program will make retirement finances a lot easier:brolly:.

Anyone needing a Financial Advisor could do much worse than getting in touch with one of SmithBarney's.

Oh, and I'll wear my brand new Musc Ravaguer tomorrow with my favorite pair of starched dungarees, sport coat(cashmere) and a casual shirt. No more ties and suits for this ol' man.

Dan

[/URL]