Code of Conduct

Default Scents I've Enjoyed Recently...

Just a few observations...

I really like Prada Amber Pour Homme. I wore it the other day and just kept trying to smell myself all day.

Varvatos Vintage. Wore this yesterday. I wore 5 sprays...I needed more like 8. I love the smell, but after 4 hours it was gone, just like it's predecessor. I do like Vintage better.

On the other hand...I wore Ulrich Lang Anvers on Saturday. 5 sprays levelled everything in my path and left rampant, wanton destruction in my wake. Yikes. Next time, 3 sprays max.

Today is Axe Lab. Sweet tart like Candie's for Men. It's OK. It's on my swap list for good.

Default Re: Scents I've Enjoyed Recently...

John Varvatos Vintage is an occasional choice on cooler days for me. I get average longevity, a little better than the average Creeds. JVV does elicit positive comments from the fairer sex when I'm "in" it.

I tried John Varvatos Vintage a while back... to my nose, it's a very soapy chypre that reminds me of the scent found in Aveda's men's line. But hoo boy, was it potent on me... one tiny splash from the sample lasted all day and had mega sillage.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Isn't it funny how skin chemistry varies so much?

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    I tried John Varvatos Vintage a while back... to my nose, it's a very soapy chypre that reminds me of the scent found in Aveda's men's line. But hoo boy, was it potent on me... one tiny splash from the sample lasted all day and had mega sillage.
    I think both the John Varvatos and Vintage last forever. Maybe it was because I was using a roll-on instead of an atomizer. A few spots on my shirt and my wrists and I could still smell it after over 12 hours.

Vintage gives me incomparable headaches. And I never get headaches or migraines, ever. To top that of, the tiniest application has INSANE sillage and longevity. I couldn't wash it off soon enough. =/

I'll wear Vintage again tomorrow and see how it fares.

Today is Egoiste Platinum. No worries about sillage or longevity!!

Is there a big difference between John Varvatos, and Vintage. I just picked up Varvatos and I really like it.

Lately I've been enjoying
    A*men
    Dolce Gabanna
    OV
    Mure et Musc
    To Whom Much Is Given...Much Is Required

Quote Originally Posted by muchisgiven
    Is there a big difference between John Varvatos, and Vintage. I just picked up Varvatos and I really like it.
    There is quite a big difference. The original John Varvatos is more of a fruity woody oriental, whereas Vintage is more of a soapy chypre.

Personally, I like both, but I prefer the Vintage. However, Vintage was a limited edition, and sold out very quickly at the local Macy's... get it while you still can!
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Both John Varvatos (my SOTD today) and the Vintage have a short life span on me. For me, Vintage is nice, but the original I like a lot...pity the longevity though.

The Prada Amber pour Homme is nice, but IMO is too light on what they use for the amber scent. I thought the Baldessarini Ambre was a little better. But, just my take on them.