Code of Conduct

Default ? for creed experts

I recently bought a flacon of Irish Tweed off of EBay and contents were very weak.

So I write back to seller and his reply was, "The Creed Splash collection is weaker than the regular Irish tweed because it is the splash and is meant for more application and day-time use."

Can anyone "in the know" verify this?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Bogeyman; 13th February 2007 at 12:17 PM.

Default Re: ? for creed experts

Totall BS if you ask me. For all I know there is no "weaker splash version" of GIT.

The only advice I can give is,save some money and stop buying crappy Creeds from e-bay.There are some good sellers on e-bay,still there are also numerous threads from people buying Creed on e-bay and start complaining afterwards , about Creed or the seller, or both.
    Last edited by eric; 13th February 2007 at 12:22 PM.

bullshit.

report him to ebay and paypal. This is an OBVIOUS lie.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Thank's Eric. Great advice.

His 100% feedback seduced me into feeling secure.

Thanks Scentronic for your reply.

Unless it's the Aftershave Splash, then I would say he got ya.

Would there be some indication on bottle or box w/papers?

The only creed source I trust on ebay is the user creedirect
    -

I have bought a number of good creeds on ebay, but you do need to be careful. There is fake GIT out there. I have never heard of another creed frag that was fake.

The others are correct, there is a GIT aftershave. Unless your bottle is labeled as that, its a lie.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    I

The others are correct, there is a GIT aftershave. Unless your bottle is labeled as that, its a lie.
    As far as I know, there is GIT aftershave cream, but no aftershave splash.
    -

The Creed website says:

Green Irish Tweed

This beguiling blend of floral, green and woody notes has achieved cult status around the world, and is Creedís No.1 best seller.

Verbena, Violet Leaves, Florentine Iris, Sandalwood and Ambergris are subtly orchestrated to create a fragrance that is virile, elegant and irresistibly charming.
    Availability
    Size Type
    30ml Spray
    75ml Spray
    120ml Spray
    250ml Splash
    500ml Splash
    1000ml Splash

This fragrance is also available in our Bath and Body range.

(can't post URLS yet. but it's at creedfragrances on the web)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I went to the Bath and Body page and found this:

Green Irish Tweed for Men

Green Irish Tweed body products feature the beguiling blend of floral, green and woody notes that has achieved cult status around the world.

Aftershave Balm
    Protects, soothes and softens the skin, while imparting a subtle fragrance.

Soap
    Luxuriously scented triple-milled soap of the highest quality.

Shower Gel
    A richly perfumed gel that can be used on both body and hair.

Shaving Bowl
    Shaving soap encased in a natural pine wooden bowl. Use with a shaving brush to create a richly scented lather that eases the passage of the razor over the skin.
    Availability
    Size Type
    75ml After Shave Balm
    150g Soap
    200ml Shower Gel
    110g Bowl
    75ml Deodorant

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Therefore, if you got LIQUID fragrance, in a splash, it should have been a Millesime, which is an Eau de Parfum concentration.
    Sounds like the seller diluted the product for profit, that's really a gross and sleazy business practice.

Awesome feedback. Thanks to all.
    sinij chas, great research!

Another satisfied Creed purchase from Ebay! I suppose we all have to learn the hard way (myself included).

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Wouldn't it be great if samples can be sent in to check for authenticity,...
    or request test strips from manufacturer to dab in solution to confirm?

He is lying to you, report him to eBay, Paypal, and the FBI.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Please post the seller's Ebay i.d/username so others will know to avoid him, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Awesome feedback. Thanks to all.
    sinij chas, great research!
    You're welcome!

Exclamation Re: ? for creed experts

Please try to be sure of any claims of malfeasance. I recently purchased the same item from scentiments and thought similarly about it being weaker.

1) It may be that the carrier in your previous sample had dissipated making it slightly stronger as you got near the end.

2) Creed appears to be somewhat notorious for minor inconsistencies. Part of this may be due to the use of natural sources and not synthetics. Also, in dealing with botanicals, no two plants are the same and even the same plant will be different from season to season & year to year. Exact duplicates are virtually impossible. The feel and essence will be the same, but not the chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shentian
    Please try to be sure of any claims of malfeasance. I recently purchased the same item from scentiments and thought similarly about it being weaker.

1) It may be that the carrier in your previous sample had dissipated making it slightly stronger as you got near the end.

2) Creed appears to be somewhat notorious for minor inconsistencies. Part of this may be due to the use of natural sources and not synthetics. Also, in dealing with botanicals, no two plants are the same and even the same plant will be different from season to season & year to year. Exact duplicates are virtually impossible. The feel and essence will be the same, but not the chemistry.
    The guy told him a lie - that it is always a weaker version in the flacons and creed make it like that.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I agree Shentian.
    I feel that I have been extremely professional in dealing with this transaction. I am one to never "cry wolf"... until I KNOW it's wolf. I don't think that I have ever claimed malfeasance. All this began with a simple inquiry about it's strength........then he(she) starts pukin' lies all over him(her) self as to WHY it's supposed to be weaker. There are several more pukin' sessions like this one since my first post.

At this point I don't care if it's real. I don't do business with lyers.

I will post soon to give an update.

To those who want to know who this 100% feedback sinner is :
    I want to give this person an opportunity to come clean and redeem him(her)self first. I want to work with them. If they continue inspite all the evidence against them....then they will pay :-}

My real, albeit VERY expensive, Neiman Marcus GIT flacon will greet me on my doorstep today and we will have a great weekend!
    Last edited by Bogeyman; 16th February 2007 at 11:51 AM.

I'd start the work with ebay and paypal and in the meantime get a sample vial from one of the web stores that Basenotes has in it's Directory. When I started my crying of foul to ebay and paypal the seller was no longer involved with ebay but they still found them. They offered a refund if I sent the bottle back. I was born at night, but not last night.
    It was Christmas by then and I told them I'd rather keep it. And now I'm the proud owner of Green Frich Tweed. Sadly it wasn't just ebay that was infected.

If you are going to file a report against this member, do NOT hesitate to do so. I didn't wait to report my SMW, but it was won on E-Bay and had been held as a gift for me until Christmas. During that elapsed time, the 60 day limit to file a report ran out and E-Bay couldn't do anything about it and the member deleted his account...I know 60 days seems like a long time, but trust me - IT GOES FAST!

Now I'm really stuck because I have 4 ounces of fake or diluted SMW (smells good for 15 minutes, then fades into NOTHING), and I'm wearing it anyway because I can't justify paying for another bottle at the moment.

The bottom line is please take care of this ASAP, and you'll feel better for having done so. Good luck!

Thanks John.

I have my case ready to submit. The ball or "smell" is in their court now. They should receive GIT today or tomorrow and I will give them until Tuesday.