Code of Conduct

Default BaseNotes members only, Pre-release test sample and review.

Sorry, offer withdrawn. I recieved the original Kiton EdT and not the new Black. More information within this thread.
    Last edited by CuyahogaJoe; 21st February 2007 at 12:45 AM.

Smile Re: BaseNotes members only, Pre-release test sample and review.

I'd gladly participate. Sounds like fun to me. A better job for your daughter than flippin burgers or delivering papers I'd say.

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: BaseNotes members only, Pre-release test sample and review.

Great idea - I'm in!

Sounds good. Happy to pay international postage (of course). Are you envisaging we pay by Paypal (seems to be easiest)?

Edit - just re-read original posting. Is this only available to supporting members? Fair enough if it is.
    Last edited by michaeld39; 13th February 2007 at 09:51 PM.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

I'll also gladly pay international postage, so I'm in.

I'm in, paying international too.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Count me in. I'll pay for my sample and a few "scholarships" for those who'd like to participate but are watching their $$$. I hope you'll take PayPal payments?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Absolutely! Count me in.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Blog Entries

Me too please! How big are the sample vials? Do you combine postage for multivials? (Would love to have SO sample also)
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

oo sounds good. I'm in!

I'm excited to be in too. What a great idea and a great thing to have your daughter helping out on.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Count me in too...
    To Whom Much Is Given...Much Is Required

I'm in - just let me know what to do.

I'm in as well! Thanks for doing this, and good for your daughter that she's helping out!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I'm way in.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Count me in. Just let me know. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm in too. This sounds like it will be interesting!
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

damn cool idea! count me in

Blog Entries

Who am I to turn down a sample, and help today's youth? I'm in!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Count me in!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'd like to be in on this, too. Sounds like fun! Thanks for being so kind as to do it.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

the notes sound really good too . . . please include moi

me too!

OK, It appears as if there are no reservations on doing this.

Paypal would be the easiest way to do this, but i don't want anyone who wants to participate to left out, so you'll have to send me a check.

I'll look up basic International rates as well as the domestic cost. Internationals just pay the difference.

Depending on the number of participants, I was thinking about a 1.5 mil sample. I know it's not very much, but I think it's enough to suit the purpose.

I'll likely have additional samples, decants available in the "For Sale" forum (along with some great deals on other popular frags)

For now, send me a PM with your address and method of payment.

I'd like to have samples in your hands the first week of March at the latest.

This should be fun and who knows what opportunities will present themselves in the future....Oh wait, I know one

Hey don't expect me to stay out of this , YES I am definately in
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Talking Re: BaseNotes members only, Pre-release test sample and review.

I'd like to participate. Paypal I'm assuming. ??

Thanks!

I'm certain some people might frown upon this response, but I just wanted to give my honest two cents and voice what I'm (and others might be) thinking. I really don't want to sound like a dick.

Yes I want to try it, but I don't want to pay for it.

Aren't we the supposed panel of experts? Isn't our opinion and feedback the reciprocated value for the sample? I'm not trying to sound like my opinion (in particular) is "ever-so-important", but if a company wants publicity, buzz, and possibly feedback, they should compensate US, at least in the form of the sample itself.

One thing I am realizing that I am probably neglecting-
    My standpoint is solely determined on the assumption that the company itself is soliciting this opportunity to us. Now that I think of the whole daughter/processing thing, I am starting to think that it is more like an individual willing to obtain a quantity and redistribute samples of this. In that case, then yes, this makes sense. Sorry if that should have been obvious to me.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 14th February 2007 at 04:52 AM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic
    I'm certain some people might frown upon this response, but I just wanted to give my honest two cents and voice what I'm (and others might be) thinking. I really don't want to sound like a dick.

Yes I want to try it, but I don't want to pay for it.

Aren't we the supposed panel of experts? Isn't our opinion and feedback the reciprocated value for the sample? I'm not trying to sound like my opinion (in particular) is "ever-so-important", but if a company wants publicity, buzz, and possibly feedback, they should compensate US, at least in the form of the sample itself.

One thing I am realizing that I am probably neglecting-
    My standpoint is solely determined on the assumption that the company itself is soliciting this opportunity to us. Now that I think of the whole daughter/processing thing, I am starting to think that it is more like an individual willing to obtain a quantity and redistribute samples of this. In that case, then yes, this makes sense. Sorry if that should have been obvious to me.
    Dude...it's $2. For a pre-release sample. And a job opportunity for a high schooler. And yes, the samples are being supplied by an individual, not a company. I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for $2 to cover the cost of the vial, shipping, time, etc.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Oh go on, count me in too!

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes Admin
    Oh go on, count me in too!
    I'm with the boss! Beam me up, Scotty! (I'm in)

I'd like to participate too.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Count me in too please! I'll pay for international shipping.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

If you let me, please count me in.

ALL BaseNotes members are invited to participate. Everyone who requests a sample will receive one. The only thing I can't guarantee is how long it takes the mail service to deliver.

I don't do very much of this, so if someone has a suggestion as to how to expedite the process...let me know. Depending on the number of requests, I could send one member in the UK a large decant or all of the samples destine for the UK in one package.

As far as size of sample goes...the best I can figure is the vial size will be 3/8 of a dram. 1 dram= 4.5 mil.(approximate), so a full vial will be slightly under 1.5 mils. (Any help on this would be great too.)

If you're paying with paypal, I'll send you my email address.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by CuyahogaJoe; 14th February 2007 at 01:37 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Can we buy 2 samples - I don't want to drain the supply but I usually always get 2 samples for any scent I try...? If not, no big deal.

I'd like to participate too.

count me in if it's not too late

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23
    Great idea - I'm in!

Ditto for me.

Count me in please,i`ll pay for international shipping.

Me too, please!
    Fortunately USPS First Class Mail costs the same to anywhere in the US.

Post Re: BaseNotes members only, Pre-release test sample and review.

Me too, me too, me too !!!

As fate would have it, the supplier shipped Kiton EdT and not Kiton Black, so as of now, the experiment is canceled. I'm happy only that I didn't collect any funds from anyone.

In an earlier post, I suggested there might be opportunity to do another pre-release experiment. The SA I've known for nearly 20 years tells me Dunhill's new Pursuit will be released in March. I do have sufficient quantity of Pursuit to do a communitywide testing. I'm not sure if there has been an official release of this or not, but I did see one offering on an e-auction site.

My appologies to anyone who I might have disappointed, but I do share the same disappointment. Let me know if anyone is interested in testing the Dunhill.

I'm in...thanks, where do we send payment?

Anyone interested in participating in the Dunhill pre-release testing and review is welcome. Same terms apply as with the Kiton.

Click on the guy under my feedback, that is the address to send payment if you're using paypal, just remember to add @ aol when sending payment.

As soon as I get notification, I'll send the sample. The deadline will have to be Feb. 25 in order for everyone to receive their sample before March 2. Please indicate receipt and when everyone has there sample in hand, we can do the test the following day.

If you're paying by check, PM me with your address and I'll ship your sample upon notice and trust you for payment.

Please add any concerns, criticisms, and/or complaints here.
    Last edited by CuyahogaJoe; 20th February 2007 at 07:35 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe
    As fate would have it, the supplier shipped Kiton EdT and not Kiton Black, so as of now, the experiment is canceled. I'm happy only that I didn't collect any funds from anyone.

In an earlier post, I suggested there might be opportunity to do another pre-release experiment. The SA I've known for nearly 20 years tells me Dunhill's new Pursuit will be released in March. I do have sufficient quantity of Pursuit to do a communitywide testing. I'm not sure if there has been an official release of this or not, but I did see one offering on an e-auction site.

My appologies to anyone who I might have disappointed, but I do share the same disappointment. Let me know if anyone is interested in testing the Dunhill.
    Oh, I've got the Dunhill, but I was so looking forward to Kiton Black. No chance of it ever happening?
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Sounds like a great idea -- please "count me in!"

Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe

LOL, were you scared or something that you couldn't provided the Kiton Black anymore, so you decided to post it with very tiny font .

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    LOL, were you scared or something that you couldn't provided the Kiton Black anymore, so you decided to post it with very tiny font .
    not intentionally, however it is quite embarrassing. Ever since the reformat of some of the settings here, my browser is going a little haywire. I'll have to try to fix it, thanks for letting me know.

It appears as if some people aren't reading the entire thread and responding to the original post. I don't know how to sort this out other than to verify each PM.

Again, the Kiton Black offer has been withdrawn, sorry. I'm still working on it though.
    Last edited by CuyahogaJoe; 21st February 2007 at 12:50 AM.

Thumbs up Re: BaseNotes members only, Pre-release test sample and review.

Count me in on the Dunhill sample. I'll include my address with the paypal, and thanks for your willingness to get us all together on a mass sampling!