Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 14 February Valentine's Day

Caron Poivre

Happy Valentine's Day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 14 February Valentine's Day

Frank Los Angeles - pale and gray and wet here in Denmark, my sleep has been shattered by my boyfriend's early departure for iaido, and I have several shots of espresso humming about within. It seemed (espresso logic) an excellent occasion to give this fragrance another trial, I'd so hoped it'd would be what it somehow has not quite managed to be... YET

Gap Grass. It smells a little soapy but then it's 8 or 9 years old... I tried it again last night and after the soapy smell has left it smells just like it used to.

Hanae Mori's Magical Moon for Valentine's Day. Romantic flowers and fruit with smoky incense and oud.

I wear a sample of Clair de Musc. No Valentine's scent yet.

Have a great Valentine's Day!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Encens et Lavande and an extra dash of Jicky.

And then I am going to strangle The-Man-Who-Repared-My-Computer and turned out to be a buffoon.

Strangling will be very slow and very calm (because of the lavender OD)

Will post the visiting hours for the local jail later on
    Last edited by Riannon; 14th February 2007 at 07:00 AM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

am trying my sample of Renee's Tuberose today

Oh my, R, you fragrant felon!!

I'm wearing one of my 'first loves' for Valentine's day:

Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Space NK Melodrama.
    DONNA

My VD is not so happy, I had a HUGE battle with a friend. We were insulting each other and he called me a bad evil person and I called him a 'pathological liar'...
    I am wearing Antonia's Floret today.
    Thanks Riannon for sharing your funny story.

I'm wearing Hypnotic Poison today.Seems it's not gonna be any valentine date on me today.Boyfriend works bigtime overtime work tonight and I've got a late shift....Oh well....

Tabac Blond so far.

Lime, Basil & Mandarin - Jo Malone
    Wishlist is pointless.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Ambre Sultan today.
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 14th February 2007 at 11:34 AM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Par Amour - a bit soapy....don't know if I like this one. DH is in Brussels; so no need to wear something seductive for tonight.

Happy valentines to all of you!

Hearts and flowers to all you beloved BNers out there!!

Bathed self in Gres' Cabochard edt. Still complex and lovely - a floral chypre with hints of citrus and leather - SO elegant. But not like it used to be. Lacking the depth I remember - but still beautiful.

And sexy enough to charm the guards into submission when I ride to rescue Riannon from the Bastille! :bounce: (Gallops into sunrise on pure white steed.)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

SHALIMAR on this day dedicated to lovers everywhere!

I test Malle's Carnal Flower, a white floral by Dominique Ropion.

The notes are: Bergamot, Green Notes, Melon, Ylang Ylang, Salycilates, Jasmine Absolute, Orange Blossom Absolute, Eucalyptus, Tuberose Absolute, White Musc Cocktail and Coconut.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! May we all take advantage of an excuse to pay special/different attention to those we love (romantically or otherwise) and eat good chocolate while ignoring the commercial hype.

I have decided to go on a gourmand/chocolate binge in honor of the day: On one arm, Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon (which I expected to adore, but so far the big blast of patchouli is making me feel even more like a tree-huggin' earth mama than I already do most of the time... Holding out for the drydown), on the other arm, Mat;Chocolat , which I am liking VERY much from the start!

Tonight, continuing the chocolate theme, it will be Frederic Malle's wonderful Musc Ravageur, which dries down to milk chocolate on my skin.

Riannon, you are in good hands with Taolady planning to distract the prison guards, but please let us know if you also need back-up... BNers world-wide will descend _en masse_, armed with atomizers of our best-sillage frags, and stun the poor jailers into submission!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    My VD is not so happy, I had a HUGE battle with a friend. We were insulting each other and he called me a bad evil person and I called him a 'pathological liar'...
    I am wearing Antonia's Floret today.
    Thanks Riannon for sharing your funny story.
    Well, I am in the right mood now anyway, so my dearest 'godchild' shall I come over and cinder him to 'pathologial liar's kingdom come'?
    Calling you a bad evil person!! Tsssk, there is only one bad Dragon around here and that is...ahem...right

I can't tolerate this. Hisssss

Changed into Le Baiser du Dragon

My bf forgot my birthday AND Valentine's day.

Wearing TBS original vanilla oil. I can still smell it after taking a shower. It's nice but now I'm craving chocolate.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I´m sampling Ambre Sultan today. :wave: to shadesofbleu!

If you don´t manage to tame your temper, dear Riannon, I do hope you´ll have internet access in jail

Coconut; please don´t cry, I´m sure you just told him the truth.
    and I guess this guy is NOT your date for V-day

Happy Valentine´s Day to those of you celebrating it!
    I mentioned Valentine´s for hubby a couple of days ago, and he just looked at me in a very strange way. Well, we´ve been together for 26 years, so romantic things have been off the agenda for quite a while.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Day-Lacoste pour femme/ evening-Chanel Coco
    Current top five:JPG Classique,Chanel Coco,Lolita Lempicka EDP,Armani Emporio SHE,Opium

YAY!! ComDiva and Taolady, I knew I could count on you coming to rescue me from the chaingang

Be prepared to bring the most heavy 'ammunition' you can find: Obsession, Opium, Angel......Yummie heavyweights

Ah, Valentine's Day....all about loving one another

I chose to wear Intrigant Patchouli today. Mmmmm, I love this one!

Happy Valentine's everyone!
    -Tero-

Happy (and HappiER) Valentine's Day to my all splendidly scented friends! (Worrying about Quarry here, where are you, dear?) Wearing the peach of a scent Fath by Jacques Fath. Wishing everybody love and laughter.

Brulure de Rose 13 (2003)
    Musc Maori 04 (2005)
    Parfumerie Generale
    CG

Organza for me...
    I bought Mr & little Miss candy for Valentines Day but ending up eating it...now I have no candy to give them & there's an ice -storm going on outside Why oh why, am I such a piggy?!

Have changed to Hypnotic Poison again now. I am addicted to this stuff!

If it's any consolation I will be spending my evening alone, but my fella did send a big bunch of red roses and a box of chocolates to my work, so I forgive him.

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing Creed's Angelique Encens today. Seems just right for a blizzard.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 14 February Valentine's Day

Chamade for me today. Happy Valentines to all!

Wearing Serendipitous! (SO requested I smell like chocolate. So I am obliging)

I was up all night with two puking teenagers and i am now just getting around to getting dressed (11:38 am!) I think I will wear Pink Sugar today since I'm not going to get any candy for Valentines I might as well smell sweet

Icy snow out here in NJ, home from work on this Happy Valentine's Day. Honey took me out to breakfast and I left the house without applying fragrance and after rummaging in my purse found a roll on of Velvet Flowers (applied to wrists) Dug further and found my purse spray of Coco...couldn't stop myself, gave a modest spritz to each inner forearm. WHEW!
    I like it. I really like it.
    It's like they are having a dance about the Maypole, these two scents.

Have a good day, all. And Mystery Femme, you deserve better. My humble opinion - dump the guy. Though I know I shouldn't give advice...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

MysteryFemme, Happy Big 3-zero to you! How could I forget!? May all your fragrant and romantic wishes come true. Please pm me if you feel blue!

The storm called for Tabac Blond extrait under my sweater. Lovely!

Unfortunately I was overly cautious and under-applied a bit. (Yesterday I was subjected to a student wearing an Angel imitator, 3-4 feet away I was still in her scent for a couple of hours.)

And then I remembered. Valentine's Day. The s.o. is quite allergic to tobacco. No clue how he will react as I have always avoided tobacco around him - I know he gets hives from the tomato (less allergic than to tobacco) in pizza, but that is consumed. I guess it is good I under-applied.

But overall... Mmmmm ... I smell wonderful.

I was in a Fracas mood today.
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Kai. Yesterday evening when I was wearing Kai my husband inhaled and said, "I love that smell." So today seems like a good day to wear it again. Have a great day everyone! *edit a few hours later* I've layered Kai with Susanne Lang Midnight Orchid and it's heavenly!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    I was up all night with two puking teenagers and i am now just getting around to getting dressed (11:38 am!) I think I will wear Pink Sugar today since I'm not going to get any candy for Valentines I might as well smell sweet
    I hope your kids feel better soon! This flu must have spread across the country. My older son missed 3 days of school last week and I was down all weekend. Please don't catch it! *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by Tovah; 14th February 2007 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

We've been having a HUGE snowstorm for the past two days now and I'm home from work for the 2nd day in a row. My sweet DH had to go to work however .

I'm wearing Velvet Flowers applied to my wrists but I'll wear something else for the evening out with my darling... he still insists we go out and celebrate at the restaurant where we had out first date .

I think that for the evening I'll be wearing Lipstick Rose ...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Happy Valentine's Day to all, be if a DH, a BF, a friend or a cutie pet you love - it's L-O-V-E in any case!
    And a special good vibe sent over to MysteryFemme - just HOW could he??
    Today I wore CdG2 layered with Un Lys - not bad, not bad at all, but Un Lys surrendered very quickly.
    Now I just felt a terrible craving for POTL, so I sprayed it on liberally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Happy Valentine, all!
    Chanel No 19 for the day and romantic Shalimar for the eve for me.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Happy Valentine's Day to all my basenotes friends!

I sent my sons off to school with the same wish, and wiggling eyebrows and they figured out I'll make a special evening for them (LOL, and me!) We will a double dinner of both their favorites, and flowers on the table, with a small wrapped gift--very small. I have a dozen packets of flower seed for Jon-- he's really on a plant kick, and I printed the receipt for $15.00 deposited in Sam's "Maplestory" account, so he can--get this--buy his little on-line character a new haircut and a fancy coat.

I'll be in Clinique's Happy Heart (thanks Tovah!) just for it name , though I like it, too.

That sounds so sweet shycat. Samsara for me, hubbies away on business so I will spend Valentines day with my precious little doggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    I'll be in Clinique's Happy Heart (thanks Tovah!) just for it name , though I like it, too.
    :wave: And here I expected you to wear Wonderful!

Have a fabulous evening with your boys! I've got only one of mine tonight, and I'm making him a special dinner and creme brulee for dessert. The plant kick thing is great!

Thanks! Sam has brought a friend home for dinner. ??? It's any excuse for a party!

The flowers are potted Calla Lilies in nice bloom with new little blooms forming, and Jon assumed instantly they were just for him and already took them downstairs. I just said "Yes, honey, they're for you!"

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Wearing Joy body cream and edp today.

wearing Guerlain Rose Barbare -- Happy Valentines Day to all!

RUMBA for the evening I forgot the Mr. doesn't like it too much!

Purple Label......Happy V-Day to all at Basenotes!!!!!
    Gary

Default Re: SotD Valentine's Day Monday Feb 14th

It's still 9:35PM on Valentine's Day here in Alaska...Today I wore Serge Lutens Tubreuse Criminelle, which smelled like Dr. Pepper and Root Beer when I first applied it! I was shocked...it dried down to a creamy, gorgeous floral.

Later in the day I touched up with Lutens A La Nuit...I've been luxuriating in floral all day! It's unusual for me, being a girl who is all about the spicy orientals. It's heavenly!

Blog Entries

Welcome LadyAnne! :wave:

SO is working hard lately, so has humbly requested that we postpone Valentine's celebrations til the weekend. But he still gave me a priceless present of taking the day off and staying home with me (This is a stupendous gift from a near workaholic with looming deadlines)!! :toppie:

I began the day with a combo of Nemat Musk Supreme oil + Serge Lutens Daim Blond. This is a recent favourite discovery of mine and a true keeper. SO adores it also (read my fuller review on the Great Layering Challenge - Animalics thread) so it was a great start to the day!

Later I wore Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque (from sample). I once again get the close similarities to Caron Tabac Blond. SO, sadly, was less then impressed with this. Received only a meh! response. Not sure whether I should continue to try to get a bottle.

I ended the day late last night with Nemat Musk Supreme oil + TBS Mostly Musk oil. I do believe know that there is such a thing as too much musk! Not offensive, thankfully, but enough for me to feel taht may be my sillage was assaulting rather than tantalising. TBS Mostly Musk oil, though woody, is actually quite animalic on my skin (smells like aroused flesh) and the extra boost of the animalic Nemat Musk Supreme just pushed it over into blatant pornographic advertising!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

SMN Patchouli.

I ended up wearing Shalimar for our Valentine’s Day date

I know you cannot tell this from the photo here but that's what I'm wearing , hope I don't get into too much trouble for posting it here .

Happy Valentine's Day too all once again!

"Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

So, you made it through the snowstorm and cold! Good for you both and what an adorable couple you are, Mrs. and Mr. Goddess! The picture itself is of a very nice quality, feels like I am just in front of you smelling the wiffs of your beautiful fragrance.