Code of Conduct

Default Kouros, Body Kouros, Kouros Cologne Sport

After being turned off by the piss-like scent of the original Kouros, I didn't really dare to try the other frags of the Kouros line.

Can anyone briefly explain the differences between the 3 Kouros fragrances?

Arrow Re: Kouros, Body Kouros, Kouros Cologne Sport

Quote Originally Posted by walkman586
    After being turned off by the piss-like scent of the original Kouros, I didn't really dare to try the other frags of the Kouros line.

Can anyone briefly explain the differences between the 3 Kouros fragrances?
    Kouros is an outstanding classic, fresh, rich and manly at the same time.

Body Kouros is rather new scent. It's very soft, musky and gourmand, smelling nothing like the original Kouros.

Kouros Cologne Sport is a 2002 lighter citrus version of Kouros 1981 as far as I remember.

Default Re: Kouros, Body Kouros, Kouros Cologne Sport

There is also Kouros Fraicheur which is very interesting because it simultaneously does three things that one would think might contradict each other: It adds an element of freshness, it takes away the piss note, and it adds a dirty element. It does all that yet still distinctly resembles the original Kouros. Fascinating to me. I ended up deciding that I didn't much enjoy wearing it, but it's certainly worth trying. It also makes great use of pineapple as a note.

There are also two Eaux d'Été, both for Kouros and Kouros CS. Also worth a try if the original is too much for you (although I still dare anyone to take a whizz into a cup, take a deep sniff on that, and then come back and say it smells like Kouros ) I just LOVE how YSL release worthwile reinterpretations of their scents.

Oh yeah, and Body Kouros, while not what you are looking for, is still worth a try.

Wink Re: Kouros, Body Kouros, Kouros Cologne Sport

Body Kouros is the original Kouros formula plus Cotton Candy. I sprayed some on at Sephora and was intrigued enough with the soft dry-down to buy a small bottle. It's nice, but I find it annoys others - especially my dentist!

Body Kouros is the only one from the Kouros line that's totally unrelated to the original, smell-wise (even though it may be, in terms of composition). If you like sweet orientals/gourmands, this is the one to go for (and no urinal cake note, either!).

Personally, I love wearing it.

BK smells nothing like the original Kouros, it's a pure Vannilic scent, that's almost vaporized sugar (In a good way).
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I agree that Body Kouros has virtually nothing to do with Kouros as far as its scent goes. Trust me, it is NOT simply Kouros + cotton candy. That sure would be interesting though...

Body Kouros has a certain 'sex' thing that I cannot pinpoint. It smells
    provocative maybe? Hmm...I don't know. I love to wear it out for a night of fun but not to the office.