This morning I found a shop that had some discontinued fragrances that I had been looking for. It was a very good day ;-) I bought bottles of Ungaro I and II, Valentino Vendetta, Cacharel Nemo, and Guy Laroche Horizon, in addition to several newer things.

The SA tossed in a free bottle as lagniappe, telling me that it was old stuff and that I might find it interesting. I'd certainly never heard of it before.

The manufacturer is Charles Lamaine Ltd., London-Paris-New York. The fragrance name is Felipe, and it is an eau de toilette. The bottle is tall, opaque black, and 10-sided, roughly round. Felipe is written vertically in gold letters near the top of the bottle. The cap is gold colored and looks almost like a door knob.

The scent is kind of sharp and lavenderish to begin with but quickly dries down to a mellow, very soapy, clean smell. I think there are a couple of other things going on but I can't identify them. It is pleasant enough, but doesn't seem very unusual or very complex.

I can't find anything out about this company or this fragrance. Has anyone ever heard of Felipe or Charles Lamaine?

Thanks.

noggs