Code of Conduct

Default Dunhill for Men (1934) RIP Death Confirmed

Went to the Dunhill store on 5th Avenue today to relieve my mind that the rumors were not true about Dunhill for Men. Was told that Dunhill for Men (1934) the original was no longer. Dead. Gone. Not available. I expressed my shock and dismay. They tried to sell me Dunhill Edition, I said no, too upset. Will look for it somewhere where I know it can still be found. Requiscat in pace, Dunhill dead at 73. Of happy memory.

Joe

Default Re: Dunhill for Men (1934) RIP Death Confirmed

I bought some recently at my local Perfume Gallery store.
    A good scent, if short-lived in the wearing.

I'm guessing that like with most re-formulated frags, the new Dunhill for men is a distant reminder of the original.

Have you tried the new formula?

Old Alfred must be churning in his Urn

is it this one?
    http://www.1stperfume.com/brands-a-a...d-dunhill.html

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    Old Alfred must be churning in his Urn

is it this one?
    http://www.1stperfume.com/brands-a-a...d-dunhill.html
    That is the one.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe
    I'm guessing that like with most re-formulated frags, the new Dunhill for men is a distant reminder of the original.

Have you tried the new formula?
    They induced me to try a new formulation, which is the brown bottle (shown in an advert in yesterday's NYTimes) I smiled and said "no thanks", it smelled like antisceptically altered toilet bowl.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 16th February 2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Before ordering folks might want to check out this thread:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...1stperfume.com
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I know there are specialty shops that still have this. That's where I got mine... but they only had EdC. Does it also exist in EdT strength?
    Last edited by JaimeB; 16th February 2007 at 11:22 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by kbe
    Before ordering folks might want to check out this thread:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...1stperfume.com

also check the Yahoo feedback on the store. It was 4 and a half smileys out of 5 last time I looked based on nearly 3070 votes.
    there's one thread with 25 votes and this is a store that carries a lot of discontinued stuff.
    http://shopping.yahoo.com/merchratin...d=highestrated

Disclaimer: I have never shopped at 1st perfume nor do I have a relationship or get any compensation from this store.

I got an email trail from Perfume Emporium that would leave you wondering, am I dealing with chimps at PE. I didn't start a thread and try to drive a stake through their business. I'll never shop with then again. I vote with my feet.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 16th February 2007 at 11:36 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet_guy
    I bought some recently at my local Perfume Gallery store.
    A good scent, if short-lived in the wearing.

Is that the one at the Stonestown Galleria? Have you been to Fragranza at the new Westfield Center (next door to the downtown Nordstrom)? I think it's the same folks that own it. I got my Dunhill for Men '34 at the new place.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    I know there are specialty shops that still have this. That's where I got mine... but they only had EdC. Does it also exist in EdT strength?

Unfortunately, no, it only comes (or, more accurately, came) in EDC.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by levente
    Unfortunately, no, it only comes (or, more accurately, came) in EDC.
    Well, that's too bad. I guess we'll focus on getting more of the ever-scarcer original EdC, if there never was an EdT to look for...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Too bad. Glad I have a new, full bottle.

Wore it just yesterday as my SOTD. Dated but nice.

Very sad, indeed! Even though it's not in my top ten I appreciate it as one of the milestones in truly masculine perfumery!
    I still have 95% of a full bottle, and that should last me forever. The quality is so superb that a little is all I need for an evening.
    Last edited by narcus; 26th August 2008 at 04:46 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I was given some of this as a gift. I have tried hard, but really don't understand the appeal. Unless there was something wrong with the bottle, I get a whole lot of fairly closely spaced mid notes (I find them very hard to tell apart - maybe that's good blending) and some top notes that get up my nose. I don't get many bass notes, or nothing that I really like. Very much an older man's cologne, with nothing distinctive - to my untrained nose, anyway.

It's safe to a fault, although not in a modern way. The bottle is now 3/4 empty, so believe me when I say have tried hard to "get" it!

Just an update to the Dunhill (1934) story: I was in Dunhill on Fifth Avenue the other day, and they had the Classic for Men in stock. They are in the beautiful swirled clear bottles and it is fresh juice of the classic scent. Gorgeous, monumental, awe inspiring, everything good that has been said about it is true, and if you can get yourself into Manhattan you can still get it. I bought a couple, and will give a couple of Christmas. When the 1,000 bottle shipment is gone, they tell me, there will be no more. Discontinued but still available in very limited quantity right from the manufacturer, so no questionable sourcing, for a limited time $70 with tax. Now you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Just an update to the Dunhill (1934) story: I was in Dunhill on Fifth Avenue the other day, and they had the Classic for Men in stock. They are in the beautiful swirled clear bottles and it is fresh juice of the classic scent. Gorgeous, monumental, awe inspiring, everything good that has been said about it is true, and if you can get yourself into Manhattan you can still get it. I bought a couple, and will give a couple of Christmas. When the 1,000 bottle shipment is gone, they tell me, there will be no more. Discontinued but still available in very limited quantity right from the manufacturer, so no questionable sourcing, for a limited time $70 with tax. Now you know.
    do you think i could order it over the phone and have them ship to the midwest (minnesota)?

I bought one over the phone earlier this week.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mohamed1 View Post
    do you think i could order it over the phone and have them ship to the midwest (minnesota)?

Fragrances don't seem to be included in their online store, but it can't hurt to give them a call:

Fifth Avenue Store:
    Tel: 800.776.4053
    711 Fifth Avenue
    NY - New York

I have been successful with other vendors by just calling them!

I bought my Dunhill '34 off of eBay months ago - haven't seen another one for sale there since.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Could you check your Dunhill box and see where the scent was manufactured? The last one I purchased was made in Germany, which is not where the first bottle I purchased was made (England, if memory serves). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by levente View Post
    Could you check your Dunhill box and see where the scent was manufactured? The last one I purchased was made in Germany, which is not where the first bottle I purchased was made (England, if memory serves). Thanks.
    It says Germany.
    I stopped in today and they said, "yes" you can call in an order.
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 8th December 2007 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It says Germany.

I stopped in today and they said, "yes" you can call in an order.
    Excellent. Thank you. I want to ask about the bottle you picked up recently. Is the fragrance as good you remember it of old? I ask because the last two bottles I bought were/are, compared to my first bottle, rubbish. The opening was too alcoholy and it sort of forced its way up one's nose, and it faded away from there. No floral heart, no wood-leather base. Either the batch is off, or I bought a couple of frauds. Thanks.

Mohamed

Perfumebay.com has this as well...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Perfumebay.com has this as well...
    Sorry, but they don't. It should come in an orangey coloured box, not a darker brown one. And their site says 'temporarily unavailable' as it has for many months.
    Last edited by alpine; 8th December 2007 at 02:58 PM.

http://www.perfumebay.com/4035773510094.html

I bought the above. Granted there are better body washes but this is where I found it.

Correct me if this is not what is being discussed.

Excellent. Thank you. I want to ask about the bottle you picked up recently. Is the fragrance as good you remember it of old? I ask because the last two bottles I bought were/are, compared to my first bottle, rubbish. The opening was too alcoholy and it sort of forced its way up one's nose, and it faded away from there. No floral heart, no wood-leather base. Either the batch is off, or I bought a couple of frauds. Thanks.

Mohamed
    I have smelled the rubbish as well, and thought that that was all we were going to get from now on, but the liquid being sold at the flagship store is wonderful, fantastic, awesome, fresh, and worth every scent, oops, cent. This is the last of the real stuff. N.B.

Where is the rubbish made? I took a ten x loop to read the wee lil sticker on mine and it says produced in The Netherlands??@!@!

This is not the stuff that's only available in the hoity toity store on 5th Ave?? Only available (says the clerk making $7.50 an hour plus commisions) in 1000 bottle lots.

I'm jumping off the George Washington Bridge if my bottle does not come up to snuff.

HELP!!!!

PS: my bottle does have lovely swirlyness on clear glass. It also has a gorgeous floral heart and woody-Corinthian leather base. Great for a damn cologne not made in England. I think.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 9th December 2007 at 01:21 AM.

My bottle and box look exactly as they are pictured in the Directory.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120479.html

The box is buried somewhere in Box Mountain and is not easily accessible.

The back of the bottle reads:

EAU DE COLOGNE
    vaporisateur - natural spray
    100 ml 3.4 fl.oz. (with a large lower case "e", that I can't reproduce, between the two figures)

The bottom of the bottle reads:

100 ml
    3.4 fl.oz.
    603201 (there is a small graphic symbol to the left of this which looks sort of like a squat jar with an angled-partially removed lid - graphic has the notation: 36 M)
    Eau de Cologne
    SCANNON GmbH
    D 50819 Cologne
    Made in Germany

The cap is black plastic with an integrated non-functional 'latch' that is embossed: ALFRED DUNHILL.

I hope this helps identify your bottle (or mine, for that matter )
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Cool Re: Dunhill for Men (1934) RIP Death Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    Where is the rubbish made? I took a ten x loop to read the wee lil sticker on mine and it says produced in The Netherlands??@!@!

This is not the stuff that's only available in the hoity toity store on 5th Ave?? Only available (says the clerk making $7.50 an hour plus commisions) in 1000 bottle lots.

I'm jumping off the George Washington Bridge if my bottle does not come up to snuff.

HELP!!!!

PS: my bottle does have lovely swirlyness on clear glass. It also has a gorgeous floral heart and woody-Corinthian leather base. Great for a damn cologne not made in England. I think.
    Don't worry fredricktoo, mine has a sticker that says something in what I guess to be Chinese or Korean, all I can make out is " 100ml. "

The bottle itself says Alfred Dunhill/ London SW1Y 6DL

I can't remember where I bought it. It's only half used due to my being a blue jeans kind of guy-- and burning hot weather for most of the year here in S. CA. If I lived in cooler climates and rejoiced in suits and ties; this would easily be my #1 choice.

One of the greatest frags of all time.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

my bottle does not refer to Scannon as my Dunhill Edition bottle does. It also doesn't have the "chewing tobacco" looking symbol on the bottom either. The serial # is 9001 on that sticker on the bottom of the bottle which can barely be seen with the naked eye. The back of the bottle opposite the Dunhill logo says Alfred Dunhill, London SW 1Y 6DL as does Mario's.

I agree that this one of the true greats and I still believe that perfumebay is selling the real deal also and 5th Ave is giving people the ole NYC shuffle.

Now Scannon being on the "1934 Dunhill Cologne style" bottle suggests that they may be re-introducing the product. I swear these people read basenotes.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 9th December 2007 at 03:06 AM.

I have smelled the rubbish as well, and thought that that was all we were going to get from now on, but the liquid being sold at the flagship store is wonderful, fantastic, awesome, fresh, and worth every scent, oops, cent. This is the last of the real stuff. N.B.
    I'm very glad to hear that. I will order a bottle in a day or two. Again, thank you.

Mohamed

this would be the flagship website for Dunhill in England

http://www.dunhill.com/en

notice that when you go to the fragrance page it doesnt say Dunhill, it says Proctor & Gamble, bottom left.

found on the web

Dunhill Fragrances

All fragrances sold under the Dunhill brand name are manufactured and marketed through a licensing agreement by Procter and Gamble Prestige Products division. P&G gained the license as part of their 1995 acquisition of the Wella Corporation.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 9th December 2007 at 03:53 AM.

I have ordered several "testers' or unboxed Dunhill for Men 3.4 oz EDT's from amazon@$39.00 ea. Standard strength eau de toilette. I would buy a few since it seems that Dunhill has dropped the hammer on making this excellent scent. It's old enough that many folks think it's a new fragrance. The only person who knew what I was wearing was my 98 year old grandmother. I consider the fragrance to be a basic, no frills mans cologne. Suitable for office or casual wear.

perfumecountry.com seems to be selling this at almost $20 less than the Fifth Avenue boutique. I wonder if anybody has bought a bottle from them and can vouch for its quality. If not, I will go ahead and order from the boutique. Thanks.

Mohamed

perfumecountry.com seems to be selling this at almost $20 less than the Fifth Avenue boutique. I wonder if anybody has bought a bottle from them and can vouch for its quality. If not, I will go ahead and order from the boutique. Thanks.

Mohamed
    My recent, albeit infrequent, experiences with internet dealers has not been wholly satisfactory The D for M at the store is the real deal. That's all I can say.

My recent, albeit infrequent, experiences with internet dealers has not been wholly satisfactory The D for M at the store is the real deal. That's all I can say.
    In that case I had better go ahead and do the phone order.
    Thanks.

Mohamed
    Last edited by mohamed1; 9th December 2007 at 04:11 PM.

If you get a bad bottle of Dunhill Cologne, EDT or any scented product I'd check with Proctor & Gamble first.
    Dunhill sold the fragrance business a while ago and it seems to have been resold to P&G.
    I'm really curious what P&G makes of the cologne for sale at the Dunhill 5th Avenue store.
    My experience in NYC is that you can't get a job dealing with the public unless you're a master at blowing smoke up peoples asses.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I bought my Dunhill '34 off of eBay months ago - haven't seen another one for sale there since.
    Okay - I have to revise this comment as I just saw a 100ml bottle on eBay and bought it as a backup.

I assume this is maybe a really ancient bottle of the 1934 on ebay?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUNHILL-FRAGRA...QQcmdZViewItem
    Unusual packaging... check the dark glass and strange mottled lid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    I assume this is maybe a really ancient bottle of the 1934 on ebay?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUNHILL-FRAGRA...QQcmdZViewItem
    Unusual packaging... check the dark glass and strange mottled lid.
    this isn't the '34 original. i think i read somewhere (here on basenotes, in fact) that 'london' was produced a few years after the original, long before 'blend 30', and that it might be slightly better than the original. i would very much like to test it.

mohamed
    Last edited by mohamed1; 15th December 2007 at 11:41 PM.

Didn't want to start a new thread so I bumped this old one.

Ok, this is the old original 1934 Dunhill EDC:

http://www.amazon.com/Dunhill-Men-ME.../dp/B000682GNA

This is what I thought some of you referred to as 'the new rubbish":

http://www.johnlewis.com/Sport+and+L...x?source=16667

Now, what is this - the bottle & juice look the same, the box is slightly different, has anyone tried it?:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUNHILL-FOR-ME...sid=p1638.m118

Can someone clarify pls? Is THIS the 'new rubbish'?

Thanks.
    Last edited by phibess; 13th January 2008 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phibess View Post
    Now, what is this - the bottle & juice look the same, the box is slightly different, has anyone tried it?:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUNHILL-FOR-ME...sid=p1638.m118

Can someone clarify pls? Is THIS the 'new rubbish'?

Thanks.
    The box could be the same orange box, but under a less intensive flash/studio light. The 3 bottles I have came in orange and black boxes, it is the original stuff. The Dunhill 'for Man' stuff in the new bottle is a crappy reformulation of the original with much more lemon and less carnation.....

Back in the 80's I would buy Dunhill for Men and it would come in the fluted/twisted glass EDC, but the glass was frosted. I still have 1/4 of an old bottle and it is the same as the stuff that comes in the orange/black box. Hope this helps....
    Last edited by greendragon; 13th January 2008 at 09:20 PM.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    The box could be the same orange box, but under a less intensive flash/studio light. The 3 bottles I have came in orange and black boxes, it is the original stuff. The Dunhill 'for Man' stuff in the new bottle is a crappy reformulation of the original with much more lemon and less carnation.....

Back in the 80's I would buy Dunhill for Men and it would come in the fluted/twisted glass EDC, but the glass was frosted. I still have 1/4 of an old bottle and it is the same as the stuff that comes in the orange/black box. Hope this helps....
    Thanks. However, I wasn't referring to the color of the box, indeed the color can slightly differ in various light conditions. It's the 'Dunhill for Men' lettering/design on the box which is different - white letters against orange background on the original vs the black & white letters on the ???.. It's the first time I've seen Dunhill for Men EDC with this box. Perhaps it's been re-introduced?

Also, it is suspiciously cheap, $25.

Well, I re-read your post, so the black/orange box should be the original 1934 Dunhill as well, it's clear now. Thanks.
    Last edited by phibess; 13th January 2008 at 10:17 PM. Reason: clarified

Quote Originally Posted by phibess View Post
    Also, it is suspiciously cheap, $25.
    As always, check out a seller's feedback before purchasing anything. My general rule of thumb is not to purchase anything from a seller with less than a 99.4% rating. There are always exceptions, but your level of risk increases exponentially.

Just placed my order at Parfums1 for $32/100ml. Buying it blind based on all the praise here. It better be good! Also, picked up Dunhill Edition.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Cool Re: Dunhill for Men (1934) RIP Death Confirmed

A resurrection in sight?

A couple of days ago I spoke with a certain Alexander, mgr of Alfred Dunhill's 5th ave store at
    (212) 753-9292

He informed me they have about 40 bottles left, that one customer bought 800, and that Procter and Gamble is not going to let this classic die out, as "it would be criminal" .

In fact, he told me they have a contract with them.
    Presumably they'll make another batch after the "last 1,000" are gone.

Nevertheless, he said I should buy mine now--think of the horror that would ensue if I decided to order it around wintertime and they are all out by then.

quick poll:

A. Alex is telling the truth, and P&G will issue a new batch, presumably not reformulated, though possibly in a limited editon.

B. As fredericktoo observed, like most people in NYC who make a living by dealing with the public, Alex is blowing smoke up my ass.

vote now

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    A resurrection in sight?

A couple of days ago I spoke with a certain Alexander, mgr of Alfred Dunhill's 5th ave store at
    (212) 753-9292

He informed me they have about 40 bottles left, that one customer bought 800, and that Procter and Gamble is not going to let this classic die out, as "it would be criminal" .

In fact, he told me they have a contract with them.
    Presumably they'll make another batch after the "last 1,000" are gone.

Nevertheless, he said I should buy mine now--think of the horror that would ensue if I decided to order it around wintertime and they are all out by then.

quick poll:

A. Alex is telling the truth, and P&G will issue a new batch, presumably not reformulated, though possibly in a limited editon.

B. As fredericktoo observed, like most people in NYC who make a living by dealing with the public, Alex is blowing smoke up my ass.

vote now

Cheers,

Mario
    The answer is A. I've been into the store, met Alex and saw the stuff with my own eyes (I actually bought a backup bottle of Edition as I own 4 bottles of DFM, one of which my wife bought me from that store several months previous). The DFM is the same as my backup bottles.

The second part of his statement, regarding P&G contracting to make it in small batches of 1000 at a time, I cannot vouch for, but I have an insurance policy against that anyway!

Cheers

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    A resurrection in sight?

quick poll:

vote now

Cheers,

Mario
    My answer is B. Making a lot of 1000 for P&G would be too expensive for such a mega-corportation. There is just not that many people who still wear the original fragrance, with the exception of fellow basenoters. Look for those 800 bottle to appear on Ebay soon - at a 300% mark up. Dunhill for Men 1934 is my signature scent.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Went to the Dunhill store on 5th Avenue today to relieve my mind that the rumors were not true about Dunhill for Men. Was told that Dunhill for Men (1934) the original was no longer. Dead. Gone. Not available. I expressed my shock and dismay. They tried to sell me Dunhill Edition, I said no, too upset. Will look for it somewhere where I know it can still be found. Requiscat in pace, Dunhill dead at 73. Of happy memory.

Joe
    A sad day, 1934 was one of my and my dad's favorites. Edition? is that still available? A great scent, pehaps to my liking, better than "34".

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    My answer is B. Look for those 800 bottle to appear on Ebay soon - at a 300% mark up. Dunhill for Men 1934 is my signature scent.
    As I understand it, the person who bought 800 doesn't exactly need the money, the profit would be small change.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

re question as to EDC or EDT availability / Don't think it was available in EDT
    Last edited by richard d; 27th August 2008 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by richard d View Post
    A sad day, 1934 was one of my and my dad's favorites. Edition? is that still available? A great scent, pehaps to my liking, better than "34".
    Edition is becoming much much harder to find & I have noticed its becoming pricier , in the upper price range of the designer frags .
    btw ... In the 9 months I have known the 1934 For Men "Fluted Bottle"
    I wholeheartedly agree with you richard d .
    Edition in my opinion is better .

I bought Dunhill for Men over the phone from Dunhill NYC last year spring 2010. It was $75 plus $20 shipping. It came in a brownish orange box with horizontal stripes. I tried it once and liked it but I'm not liking this stuff. It is way too sour. It gets better after the drydown but still too sour. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to smell. It does smell very old fashioned. I've thought about selling it but know I would regret it later on because the reviews are so favorable. I wonder what stuff I bought if they sold out 3 years ago.

Has anybody bought the ones on Amazon, can you confirm it's the original juice and link?

Glad I obtained a bottle of this when the price was much, much lower than now.

RIP indeed! This fragrance will sorely be missed by me- I only got to test it, not knowing or not wanting to know that it will eventually be discontinued

Hmm... I just bought a new bottle of this from Ebay a couple months ago at a very low price. Looks like it is readily available at various online discounters as well. Are we sure it has been discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    .... Are we sure it has been discontinued?
    It is not. This is an old thread and it has been rereleased since ( ditto for Dunhill Edition).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !