Code of Conduct

Default Fake millesime imperial sample??

hey guys.
    I just got my MI sample in the mail and i dont know if its a fake. Is it possible for samples to be fake? I dont know what its sapposed to smell like since i never tried it before but i put some on and it smelles like.....metal/water. hah I cant explain it but then to say water that has been sitting around in a metal bowl or something. Then maybe 5 min. later i little sweetness came so it smells like sweet metal water. Is this how Imperial is sapposed to smell?

Default Re: Fake millesime imperial sample??

my bottle seems to be real, ( feel that it was a little bit tempered) but yes, it smells like metallic water with a bit citrus on top and sweet muskiness in the base.

really? so thats how its sapposed to smell? Then MI is not for me. Im def. liking the GIT sample a whole lot better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doctornads
    really? so thats how its sapposed to smell? Then MI is not for me. Im def. liking the GIT sample a whole lot better.
    Ehh.... it sounds to me like perhaps your sample has simply turned and you're getting the worst parts of the mix. Given the low surface area and clear glass, samples often spoil rather quickly if they were stored improperly. I doubt, though, that it's fake (what would be the point of making fake samples???)

So, I'd definitely give MI another try before making up your mind. MI is really quite an exquisite scent... (and this coming from someone who doesn't claim to be a huge Creed fan)...
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

ok, there are tea and water melon notes there also, to be accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

You should get marine and "watermelon" notes - thats the defining accord of MI.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    You should get marine and "watermelon" notes - thats the defining accord of MI.
    I agree here, if you're not getting watermelon, I would say something is amiss.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

where did u get the sample from? like they said, look to find a watermelon smell in there. to me its its the big note that separates it totally from from smw. by the way ,yesterday ive just ordered my mi.
    FEW FAVS.=Dzing ,Mechant loup,Millesime Imperial,Tangerine Vert,Daim Blond,Aoud Rose petals,Crystal Flowers,D&G BMan,B D Portugal,Chergui

Well i have been resmelling it for a few days now and now i can smell a watermelon type of smell. Infact I really like it now. haha its weird cause it doesnt smell anything like how it did the first day. It smells completely different and in a good way!