Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances with a cardamom note?

As of late, cardamom has been my favourite spice. I have spiced up my coffee, hot tomato sauce, and put some into pancakes with vanilla (highly recommended) .

A couple of my current favourite frags have a prominent cardamom note, namely Dior Homme and Azzaro Visit. Can you give any hints of more scents with a good dose of cardamom?

Default Re: Fragrances with a cardamom note?

From previous posts:

Versace - V/S
    Chanel - PM Concentree
    Biagiotti - Acqua di Roma
    Malle - Bigarade Concentree
    Cartier -Declaration
    Jaisalmer from the CdG Insense Series
    Guerlain Heritage

If you go to the basenotes directory, you can search for fragrances by gender, notes, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

CK Obsession Night for men has a prominent cardamon note in it. I highly recommend it. Truth Men also list cardamom as a note, but frankly I can't pick it up in that fragrance.

wow--- i recently confessed my cardamom obsession to a friend and got a look back like "wow you're a wierdo." nice to know someone else out there is putting cardamom onto anything and into everything. ..... my rec: Carolina Herrera's "212 Sexy Men" has a spicy cardamom and pepper heart, with a warm sweet vanilla / guiac-wood base. (the bottle says "212 Sexy Men" but the listing here on basenotes has it mispelled as "212 Sexy Man.") enjoy.
    Dieu prend plaisir dès maintenant à ce que tu fais.
    Qu'en tout temps tes vêtements soient blancs et que le parfum ne manque pas sur ta tête. (Ecclésiaste 9:7-8)

Ok. Thanks guys, need to check them out. I tried to search the directory for the cardamom note, and it returned many fragrances that have it, but in my own tests I haven't been able to detect it. In most cases it probably is there in a spicy accord, but it's hard to tell without first hand (nose) experience, when it's prominent enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Aha, nearly the whole Truefitt and Hill catalogue has cardamon in it. If the notes list "spice" from T&H its usually cardamon. Not sure who the perfumer was, but he seems to have put it in as a kind of house note. If I were you, I would email them asking for samples. Name the frags you are interested in. It took them ages, but they did eventually send me some.

Personally, I find it a bit irritating as its not my favourite note.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh, I love cardamom! In Denver I used to get this heavenly cardamom coffee cake from a coffee shop. I will have to check out some of the fragrances that have been mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Although its quite similar to Visit, you should try Cacharel Nemo. Its the classier, more sensual cousin to Visit.

Maybe cardamon is not the most prominent note, but Ormonde Jayne Man is pure class!

And last but not least, one of the most underappreciated and overlooked houses here, Hugh Parsons Traditional (the blue juice). This is so easy to wear but still very distinctive. It stands out every time I wear it.

Lemon, Mandarin, Blackberry, Pepper, Angelica, Cardamom, Juniper, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Ambergris

I hear ya Simon Moon....Hugh Parsons Traditional is amazing stuff. Great cardamom note in it. Why am I waiting warm weather for this? I am wearing it tonight!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot going on in Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree but the cardamon note is quite clear. It interacts with the oakmoss beautifully. (I don't get much cardamon from Dior Homme)

Cardamon is a great scent - I love it in coffee and in biriyanis.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

Post Thanks / Like

There's also a cardamom note in Emporio Armani He (original).
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

I know its expensive, but if you want cardamom, you have to try X Men by Clive Christian. It has the most intense cardamom note i've ever experienced in a fragrance.

Oh I forgot to mention Jack Black - Signature Silver Mark. Cardamom and Cypress. Whew!

Post Thanks / Like

Acca Kappa 1869 has a significant cardamom note as well.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you like Azzaro Visit, there are three other Azzaro scents for men with cardamom: Azzaro pour Homme, Acteur and Onyx (called Silver Black in Europe, I think). Acteur has a lot of other strong notes in it, so the cardamom doesn't come out as much; Pour Homme is a little less dense; and Onyx is probably the cleanest, where (after Visit) the cardamom will come out the most.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

It's noticeable in Divine l'homme sage. The cardamom is well balanced with saffron, lychee and other very appealing stuff.

Every time I wear that one, I'm just amazed how good it is.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very Sexy for Him2 by Victoria's Secret.

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci Envy has a cardamon note, and to my nose it is not subtle, but fairly prominent.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents
    I hear ya Simon Moon....Hugh Parsons Traditional is amazing stuff. Great cardamom note in it. Why am I waiting warm weather for this? I am wearing it tonight!
    I also decided to wear it today. But it was in the mid 80's in LA today, so it fit right in. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist all day!

Good stuff!

Wow, many thanks for your kind replies. There's a huge amount of experience and knowledge in the community. Now I can continue my exploration and know where to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    Gucci Envy has a cardamon note, and to my nose it is not subtle, but fairly prominent.
    Now that you mention it, I'm able to pick it out as well. To my nose, it's very well blended in the spicy green accord, but every now and then it's prominent enough to detect it. One more reason to love Envy!

Be sure to try going to the "Directory" tab and search for fragrances containing cardamom- you'll get a lot of results that way!

Not mentioned, but in my wardrobe with a cardamom note:

Escada PH - A wonderfully smooth, somewhat boozy fragrance. The cardamom is well-integrated and blends so smoothly with the other notes

Diesel Zero Plus - Cinnamon and cardamom really stand on this one. It's a bit brash, but it also turns heads.

Michael Kors for Men - Purely magic juice. Like the Escada PH, the cardamom is blended very well and just helps to add to the depth and complexity of this fragrance.

Cardamom is one of my favorite spices, and I've always loved the smell. I just wish it were in even more frags!