Code of Conduct

Talking another perfume store episode

being at basenotes is the red carpet in the frag world, which is sooo big. anyway i was in da mall yesterday to check out this store that has creeds. ok its time to get mi.they didnt have it but they had others and the man said they will have it next week but that came after his coworker tried to make me feel stupid, she says millesime on the himilaya and other creed boxes was what im talking about and that i must be confused drawing a few costumers into the conversation. so after goin back and foward a few times, the guy said ok i know that you are talking about now, the one in the gold bottle right,right. 4 oz for 160 bucks i said what, i can get it for 110 she said no you cant, now im laughing seeing that i had more knowledge than both workers and now i have a few customers in the palms of my hand. they are asking me all the questions. now should i sabotage their sales? no i made 2 creed sales for them. when i got back home i ordered my mi for 50 cheaper.
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: another perfume store episode

I want to know where in Tennessee one can find Creed!

Zoe Fragrance - Memphis Tennessee (across street from my condo)
    They also carry Molton Brown, SMN, Bond no.9, L'Occitane,...

There is also a fragrance store in Nashville that carries Creed, Bond no.9, and Diptyque, and L'Artisan. Next to Green Hills Mall. The name is Woo.

I hope it isn't thread-jacking if I tell my own perfume shopping story -- also from yesterday. At Neiman-Marcus in SF yesterday I decided to give the Serge Lutens line another shot. I decided Ambre Sultan seemed promising to test on my skin, so I gave myself a good blast, and the following exchange ensued:

SA: "Beautiful, isn't it?"

Me: "I think so, I'm getting a lot of the alcohol right now but let's give it a minute."

SA: "No. No alcohol. It's all natural."

Me: "But it's an Eau de Parfum, so aren't the natural oils diluted in a base of alcohol?"

SA: "No. The base is essential oils."

At this point I just smiled and said nothing. Maybe the SA was right? Are the SL EdPs actually perfume oils in spray bottles?

Postscript: Ambre Sultan turned out not to work for me at all. Oh well.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

aww paul i think you lost that one. that was a good talk at the dinner table" yea i had this customer come in and he thought he knew more than me" lol
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

Oh that's all right. I pity the SA who knows less about this stuff than me!

At least I knew enough to shut my mouth -- plus I learned that I don't like Ambre Sultan.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC
    I hope it isn't thread-jacking if I tell my own perfume shopping story -- also from yesterday. At Neiman-Marcus in SF yesterday I decided to give the Serge Lutens line another shot. I decided Ambre Sultan seemed promising to test on my skin, so I gave myself a good blast, and the following exchange ensued:

SA: "Beautiful, isn't it?"

Me: "I think so, I'm getting a lot of the alcohol right now but let's give it a minute."

SA: "No. No alcohol. It's all natural."

Me: "But it's an Eau de Parfum, so aren't the natural oils diluted in a base of alcohol?"

SA: "No. The base is essential oils."

At this point I just smiled and said nothing. Maybe the SA was right? Are the SL EdPs actually perfume oils in spray bottles?

Postscript: Ambre Sultan turned out not to work for me at all. Oh well.
    Next time you have a question like that, look on the box. The words "Alcohol denat" or something similar will appear, telling you that it contains denatured alcohol. Almost all EdC, EdT, EdP, and even most perfumes have some alcohol and water in them. As far as I know, very few perfume products are solely oil-based.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca