Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: A gentle fragrance to help heal - sorry sad

Purplebird, I know what you mean. I had a really bad cold just before I found out I was pregnant, and of course I am wondering if the Lemsips were to blame, or the very occcasional hot whisky. I think the reality probably is that it was nothing to do with anything that I did or didn't do, but part of me still keeps dredging for a reason. I am so very reassured by all of you who have had the strength to carry on and will keep that in my heart. Thank you. Women must be so amazingly strong to go through this multiple times.

Restlesssoul, I know this is daft, but I don't want the fact of being scent-free to be associated with this memory either, if that makes sense? I feel slightly lost without a scent, less grounded, and this is a time when I need to feel grounded.

My boss is being very sympathetic and does not want me to go back to work yet. Possibly because I burst into tears on the phone. The physical symptoms are starting to ease off a bit so I may try a small shopping trip in the next couple of days, I haven't really been out since Thursday apart from a very numb trip to the supermarket on Saturday morning. In the meantime, I am wearing Bois Farine today, and finding it very comforting. I'm very much liking the idea of a simple rose - I sampled Bvlgari Rose Essentielle at the airport last year and remember it being delectable, although it did get swamped by the other scents I was trying.

I remember recieving the citrus recommendation when my Grandma died, and wound up with Eau de Merveilles, which was perfect, but I could no longer bring myself to wear it after the funeral and gave it away. I guess this time I won't get the closure of a funeral, hopefully there will always be a little part of my child's essence still in me.
    Last edited by Hebe; 19th February 2007 at 04:07 PM.

Yes, dearest Hebe, I guess you always will remember this little, little child with a part of your hart, no matter how many years that will pass on. Why not choose a perfume to honor this little, little baby...? And use the perfume whenever you long for the little one.
    Last edited by Margareta; 19th February 2007 at 04:43 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

We went into Bath today and had a very gentle morning of walking and shopping. I've bought Bvlgari Voile de Jasmine which is perfect, and must be the lightest tenderest fragrance I've ever encountered. I really liked the Rose Essentielle too, but it had a slight sharpness on me. The drydown is gorgeous though.

Feeling a bit better today. Thank you all so much for your support and recommendations, I will be saving this thread to re-read.

Congratulations to your choice. A truly beautiful perfume. Softly caressing and calming.

Wishing you all the best, dear!
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

So sorry for your loss, Hebe.

The Origins Ginger line may be both comforting and energizing.

I am real sorry to hear about you loss, my condolences.

I am not sure what to recomend here, i can't even imagine going through something like that, but i am glad you have gotten many responses on that already.

Default My heart goes out to you

I cannot imagine what you are going through, but wish I could suggest something that might help at this time.

I add my voice to the small group recommending Jicky. I find it has a non-intrusive creaminess that takes the harsh edge off shattered emotions, and makes it easier to come to terms with them and their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebe
    We went into Bath today and had a very gentle morning of walking and shopping. I've bought Bvlgari Voile de Jasmine which is perfect, and must be the lightest tenderest fragrance I've ever encountered. I really liked the Rose Essentielle too, but it had a slight sharpness on me. The drydown is gorgeous though.

Feeling a bit better today. Thank you all so much for your support and recommendations, I will be saving this thread to re-read.
    Glad to hear you found a comforting fragrance. The Jasmine sounds perfect. If it is any comfort, I truly believe that there is a higher wisdom at work that weaves together the tragedies with the joys and makes us complete. sorry if that sounds too philosophical to you. had some shares of sad times myself.
    best.
    R
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    Glad to hear you found a comforting fragrance. The Jasmine sounds perfect. If it is any comfort, I truly believe that there is a higher wisdom at work that weaves together the tragedies with the joys and makes us complete. sorry if that sounds too philosophical to you. had some shares of sad times myself.
    best.
    R
    I'm sorry for your sad times too. Thank you for the wise words, very nicely put.

Thank you to everyonefor taking the time and thought to post here. I have never smelled Jicky but will seek it out now. I'm also now craving a ginger bath melt - can't remember if it is Origins or Molton Brown, but thank you Kotori.

I'm feeling much better now during the day, still getting nightmares but I think they will fade with time. The Voile de Jasmin is perfect, and Bois Farine arrived today so I will try a small spray of that. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and your thoughts - I really do appreciate them all.