Code of Conduct

Default What does Chergui remind you of?

I am enjoying my test ride of Chergui today, but it's driving me crazy because it reminds me so strongly of something else I have sniffed recently and I can't place my finger on it.

The closest I can think is that it is like Daim Blond and Datura Noir kissing one another on the cheek.

Can anyone pinpoint a frag that Chergui may be similar to?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Default Re: What does Chergui remind you of?

I have been cussed out high & low for this but for me Chergui reminds me of a cross of two other perfumes:
    • By Dolce & Gabbana Woman (leopard skin bottle) on my skin chemistry this perfume turns into 'Chergui lite' or the EDT version of the original EDP. This similarity may be due to the 'pastel oriental' character that both share.
    • Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan - remove the astrigent herbs and spices from the heart and opening notes and tone down the amber by a minimum of 60% and you have the base accord of Chergui. The last dry down of Comme des Garcons EDP also has a similar vibe.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Yes I always think of Chergui as Ambre Sultan without the heavy amber.
    Chergui is smoother and I believe easier for many to wear than AS.
    DONNA

Douce Amere
    Especially first notes.

Chergui reminds me of D&G by Woman + Tabu. I prefer Chergui to the cheaper combo simply because Chergui is smokier.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I tested Ambre Narguile (one of the Hermessences) and it kinda reminded me of Chergui. Tobacco-y?
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Chergui has always reminded me primarily of Chergui.

Here are the basic notes for the Lutens frags -

http://freespace.virgin.net/lovely.p...LutensWeb.html

You probably need to use Internet Explorer in order for the site to work properly, otherwise you might just see a few of the notes for each fragrance.
    Last edited by pluran; 19th February 2007 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    LOL! But of course, I do agree...Chergui is unique. Although moondeva is still whispering in the back of my mind ....try By D&G Woman!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I love Chergui! It's in one of my top 10 hands down; but today I'm wearing Bvlgari Black and all day long I keep catching sumptuous whiffs of Chergui around me... so perhaps?
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

My nose isn't particularly "sophsticated" or used to analyze notes, but to me Chergui does remind me ever so slightly of JPG Classique with a touch of Nu edp...

Chergui is truly one of a kind... but today I feel that it is the shadow of Samsara less the femininity.

Chergui was one of the first niche fragrances I ever sampled, so it doesn't remind me of anything. However, when I got my sample of Musc Ravageur Oil, IT reminded me of Chergui...plenty of difference between the two, but to my nose there was enough similarity to make the association.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran

Here are the basic notes for the Lutens frags -

http://freespace.virgin.net/lovely.p...LutensWeb.html

You probably need to use Internet Explorer in order for the site to work properly, otherwise you might just see a few of the notes for each fragrance.
    Thanks, Pluran, that is a good reference.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Talking Re: What does Chergui remind you of?

Chergui is totally unique and like no other to me. I love Ambre Narguile more but see nothing in common??Maybe others do?

Basenotes Institution

Just wore my sample of Chergui yesterday in the a.m. & the p.m. - I was a little under-impressed I have to say.

Own & love Ambre Sultan & Borneo 1834, but Chergui was just lot's of really nice honey notes in the middle for me, not much in the beginning & drydown. Disappointing.

On to the next Serge's...!

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    I am enjoying my test ride of Chergui today, but it's driving me crazy because it reminds me so strongly of something else I have sniffed recently and I can't place my finger on it.

The closest I can think is that it is like Daim Blond and Datura Noir kissing one another on the cheek.

Can anyone pinpoint a frag that Chergui may be similar to?
    Reminds me of cheap aftershave.

Chergui reminds me of L de Lolita but less sweet and a little less gourmand. I think I find a sweet tobacco note and a touch of dry hay in booth of them.

le male has much in common with cherrgui
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Sorry for bumping old thread but on my girlfriend it smells just like vintage Dior Addict. It smells different directly from bottle, but its almost same on her skin.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

This is the oldest resurrected thread

Contact Grant and collect your prize

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    This is the oldest resurrected thread

Contact Grant and collect your prize
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.