Code of Conduct

Default Scents maintenance

Hello guys, first of all I give you my best compliments for this fantastic community that I've found only some days ago.
    After having read a lot of your posts, I have noticed that some of you reccomend to keep their scents in a dark and fresh place, in this case a refrigerator.
    My question is: is really important to keep them in a refrigerator or is it good also a fresh place?
    Thanks for your answer.

Default Re: Scents maintenance

Fresh? I don't think I've heard that word used to describe a place to hold fragrances. The bottles are already sealed so they are fresh by themselves. You don't need a fridge but it might help. I do not use one. I use the closet because it has a cooler temperature and it is dark. The dark blocks out the light and the cool keeps the juice from boiling.

Basenotes Institution

Refrigerator not necessary - darkness, cool temperature & staying away from drastic temperarture changes (like in a bathroom, or on top of a dresser drawer that might be in the sunlight) will work fine in storing your scents.

Welcome aboard. Sunlight and heat are damaging (as mentioned above). Avoidance of those are probably what you should seek (IMO). If you have the room and the money, a refrigerated unit is probably good at extending the life of a scent (by how much???). You could put a few of your summer wear scents in the refrigerator to splash on, on that hot day.