Code of Conduct

Default Please rate my collection....

Hi to all... This is my first post on BN!!!

I would really appreciate your opinions on my wardrobe.. Im 35 years of age

Does the collection cover all occasions?

D&G POUR HOMME (Never met a single woman who does not love this stuff!!)
    GUCCI ENVY (Feel very sexy in this)
    OLD SPICE ORIGINAL (perfect for after a shower)
    TABAC ORIGINAL (something about this i like)
    M7 (Again makes me feel sexy)
    PACO RABANNE XS (love the smell)
    TERRE D HERMES (Took 3 attempts for me to love this)
    FAHRENHEIT (Always get compliments on this!)
    LIVE JAZZ (lasts for 12+hours on my skin)
    ETERNITY (Used this since 1990 and everyone loves this on me)
    UNGARO III (Just got this and im not quite sure yet)
    DREAMER (Hell in the top notes but lovely drydown)
    PLATINUM EGOISTE (Had this for years cannot let it go for some reason)
    ALLURE (Feel like a million dollars in this)
    L'INSTANT EXTREME (Love it!!)
    BRUT ORIGINAL (I like the scent)
    CREED ROYAL ENGLISH LEATHER DECANT (Dont know when i could ever wear this but i love the drydown!)

From all this do you think i would posibly enjoy TABAC BLOND?
    Any other suggestions of other frags would be most welcome...

Thanks

Default Re: Please rate my collection....

Others may disagree, but I think that looks like a pretty well-rounded, nice collection. I especially like that you've included L'instant, Live Jazz, Dreamer, and the Creed. Personally, I think you could almost just live off those four (the YSL for daywear, L'instant for evening wear, and Dreamer or Creed for anything in between).

The only thing that is MAYBE missing would be Chanel Antaeus or PM. I just say that because I think one of them should be in every man's wardrobe at least once.

As for Tabac Blond, you might like it, but there are many I'd try before that (such as the aforementioned Chanels, or also Bois des Iles).
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Hi, deck89!

I'm new here also! I'll comment on the ones that I know or am familiar with.

OLD SPICE ORIGINAL (perfect for after a shower)

My comment: actually very nice stuff. A staple that every man should have in his collection. I wouldn't use it for any formal or special occasion, of course, but it's great for family gatherings or when you're going shopping etc.

M7 (Again makes me feel sexy)

My comment: if the fragrance doesn't make you feel sexy, the ad sure as heck will! Define "sexy," please: do you mean that it makes you feel like a nude French jock? ;-)

FAHRENHEIT (Always get compliments on this!)

My comment: Not from me you're not (getting a compliment, that is)! Bleech! I can think of few scents to which the term "train wreck of a fragrance" would be more appropriate!

ETERNITY (Used this since 1990 and everyone loves this on me)

My comment: It's a good "green" fragrance, but in that category I much prefer Paco Rabanne's Paco Rabanne pour Homme. A classic in every sense! If you've been using Eternity for that long, you might want to try something new.

This is actually a great idea (to have others rate your collection), and one that I may copy (if you don't mind)!

Red face Re: Please rate my collection....

hi,can anyone help me?how do you start a new thread?can't seem to find the place to go or button to use for this.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmgp24
    hi,can anyone help me?how do you start a new thread?can't seem to find the place to go or button to use for this.thanks
    PM sent

Welcome to the site, Deck. Glad to have you. Fine collection you have, and you've got the best reasons for all the parts in the collection--you like 'em! If they pass that standard, they're good for all occasions.

Rach2jlc beat me to my suggestions: Chanel Antaeus and Pour Monsieur. If anything, I'd say your collection could be beefed up nicely with some older period scents. Reach into more things by Guerlain, I'd say, and a couple of the Caron offerings. No need to stick to those at all, but I'm a believer that a collection should represent what was chic in different eras of scent, if you like the scent, that is. I believe "nostalgia," or "hommage to the great masters," are occasions that a scent collection should cover as well.

Glad to have you thinking over scents with us.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

smeller

Welcome.

My wardrobe is similar to yours (we share about 7 scents, and mine is relatively small also).

Rach2lc suggestions are very good, but if I would choose just one more scent to add to your wardrobe, it would be Kouros. Even so, I believe your wardrobe is very versatile, and well choosen.

Peace

Your wardrobe looks very well rounded to me as well. Some good choices for all seasons. I would add a good aquatic, such as Aqua de Bulgari, for warmer weather. If you like woody, you must try Guerlain Heritage and perhaps Creed's Bois de Portugal. Previously mentioned Antaeus is a mainstay in my wardrobe.

The best aspect of your wardrobe is that you seem to genuinely enjoy each fragrance that you listed.

Great Cllection......Seems like you have everything covered.....But of course we are always on the hunt....never satisfied that's for sure. Take Care. Gary

Welcome aboard. Nice collection. I'll add my vote on the Guerlain and Chanel's. As for Tabac Blond, try to test before making a buy. Avoids disappointment.

Many thanks to all replies...

I have Antaeus partly used..

I appreciate the quality and depth of this powerhouse and there is something in the smell that makes me want to keep sniffing

I really do consider this a risk to wear if im out on the town!!!

I also never feel that i smell great when im wearing it ... The sillage may smell better to others.. Who knows!!

I dont really consider this part of my wardrobe now as im very unlikely to buy
    this again..

Others i do have.. that im not too struck on.. other than the ones listed in my first post are:

Havanna
    Bois du portugal (decant)
    Paco rabanne pour homme
    Habit rouge
    Herritage 15 ml
    Drakkar noir
    cuir de russie (decant)
    Silver mountain water (decant) smells like catnip on my skin!!
    joop

I know some of these are highly regarded but they are really not to my taste!!

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by deck89
    Havanna
    Bois du portugal (decant)
    Paco rabanne pour homme
    Habit rouge
    Herritage 15 ml
    Drakkar noir
    cuir de russie (decant)
    Silver mountain water (decant) smells like catnip on my skin!!
    joop

I know some of these are highly regarded but they are really not to my taste!!

Thanks again
    Havana is a very highly sough-after fragrance around these parts, so if you don't like it, swap that puppy for something you really want! I think you'll have no scarcity of takers.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I think this collection is all over the place, but in a good way. You've gone through a whole bunch of the different types of fragrances. It is very well rounded. I like most of what you are wearing but own a completely different bunch of bottles.

The next step for you is niches!! While all these scents are good, there are some niches that you would just love and I think you should look them up.

PS - WELCOME!!