Code of Conduct

Default Duration of scent... compliments

Ok... Whats the longest time after you have applied your fragrance that you have received a compliment?

Just the other week i applied L'INSTANT EXTREME at 8pm and then set off for a night on the town..

I had no compliments at all throughout the evening until i left the club at 4am..

I walked in the kebab place opposite and as soon as i walked through the door the fella serving behind the counter (which was a good 10 feet away) asked me what aftershave i had on!!

I thought ((((( WOW )))))

I could not believe it...

The mind boggles!!!

Default Re: Duration of scent... compliments

I wore L'Instant Extreme 3 days ago at 4 PM, and stayed in the bedroom until 7 PM, then went out with family. Arriving at the restaurant about 8 PM, and still in the car, my mom said "Your frag is so strong!".

Honestly, I only used 2 sprays.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

It happened yesterday and I was wearing a scent I really don't care for that much, Lacoste Style in Play.

I put it on about 8:30 a.m. along with the aftershave balm and around 5 p.m (and many cigarettes later). I got a compliment from the cashier at Walgreens. Her quote, "Ohh what are you wearing, it smells wonderful"!

I was surprised at that one, and the fact it was my third compliment of the day.
    -iStink

In summer I once applied Concentree D'Orange Verte at about 5 pm and my gf said the next morning that I smell of oranges. Unlikely but true.

It wasn't a real compliment though, because she thinks CDOV is only okay. More obvious examples would be Kouros and Le Male, but everyone knows how long these last...

Thrax

Yesterday I wore Bulgari PH layered with Tommy Bahama. While we were closing up (around 9 hours since application), the woman who I am desperatley in love with told me I smelled amazing.

Yesterday I received a compliment on Rose 31 at 4:30 PM by the lady at the register of a Hallmark store. I applied it at 7:00 AM. Considering past concerns by some of Rose 31's longevity; I can say that, at least with my chemistry, that is not a problem.

I have received compliments with Patchouli 24 a full 12 hours after application. This stuff is relentless, but I think it is sublime.

Lastly, Heritage EDT has garnered me several compliments 8-10 hours after application.

I just don't know why but Rose 31 and L'air du desert Marocain get me the most 'You smell good' comments.

I work a 3-11 shift and I put on Amouage Dia around 2pm before heading out. Got complimented on it later that night at about 10:30. I love Dia. It's subtle, but lasts very well.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Three hours after I applied L'eau d'Issey my coworkers still told me that I filled every room with my scent. But I'm a liberal sprayer if that counts for anything.

I put on Montale Patchouli Leaves at 8:00 yesterday morning and only got a compliment when I met my mother for dinner at 7:00.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I'm going to add one thing, I've been using the Neutrogena unscented body oil and it has been working wonders with longevity.
    -iStink

Quote Originally Posted by iStink
    I'm going to add one thing, I've been using the Neutrogena unscented body oil and it has been working wonders with longevity.
    Me too.

We rock.

Quote Originally Posted by ismell
    Me too.

We rock.
    Actually, you stink and smell, respectively.

(Kidding, of course -- seeing those usernames side by side, I couldn't resist!)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC
    Actually, you stink and smell, respectively.

(Kidding, of course -- seeing those usernames side by side, I couldn't resist!)
    The difference, I went with the Apple like "i" : iStink. If he did iSmell; I would of fliped.
    -iStink

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Three hours after I applied L'eau d'Issey my coworkers still told me that I filled every room with my scent. But I'm a liberal sprayer if that counts for anything.
    Ha! I went w/ L'eau D'Issey today (3 sprays). I sprayed it on around 8:30 this morning. Just a few minutes ago (around 3:15) a co-worker wheeled over to my cubicle to give me some info on a call I'm running later. She was like "Wow! You're wearing some really yummy cologne!"

Another time, I was wearing D&G PH while out with my friend Jon. I had been with him the entire evening, but after about 3 hours he said that he kept on smelling incense and he couldn't figure out where it was coming from (we were at a club). I held up my arm and asked him if it was me he was smelling and he was like "THAT'S IT!!! That was going to drive me crazy all night. Smells good, though."
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I have had comments recently of Allure Homme and Un Jardin sur Le Nil after a good 6 hrs on my skin.

I was loafing around at home yesterday, it being a holiday for goverment employees and all. The day before, I'd worn Bond no.9's Riverside Drive. All day yesterday, I got RD vibes. A full 24 hours of longevity! I didn't get any compliments however, as usual. :-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

What exactly does that body oil do for you besides the increase in longevity? And do you use it on only your chest or what?

For me Le Male has lasting power. Sprayed it on at 6 AM one day last week and by workday's end at 4:30 PM. a co-worker commented that she could smell the fragrance I was wearing. Of course, that may not have been a compliment.

i also use that body oil (light seaseme unscented) by neutrogena and it does increase longevity and even sillage a bit.

I don't get compliments much b/c..well...everyone where i'm from thinks anything is AXE and they don't say much...

For example... I went to practice wearing Aqua di gio (i borrowed from my bro...don't really care for it) and someone said "omg who smells so damn good and clean with that Axe"

I do however get 24 hour + (on clothing) and about 8+ hours longevity on my skin using that oil on my neck and on the back of my neck (3 sprays total) with these...

egoiste platinum

guess man

i get about 3/4 of those stats with cool water and reaction by kenneth cole.

my g/f and my mom compliment me hours later saying "i smell ur cologne it smells really good"